Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Save Derpy Hooves  

45 users have voted

1. 1. Derpy Hooves: Hate or like?

• Against
    • Destroy the Misunderstanding

Some of us are clumsy, have a silly voice, and still love Derpy. It's like a George Lucas thing to go back and change an established character. If you fall in love with something you probably don't want it retroactively changed. It just doesn't make much sense.

Want to know something funny? People got offended by a character that they helped create! Derpy was just an animation error that we, as a fandom, latched on to. She was never intended to be a serious character, and now that the guys at StudioB practically see us as friends, we bite the hand that feeds us by lashing out against Derpy. This only discourages future attempts at sharing a closer bond with the people who run the show that we love so much.

• Brohoof 2

Not sure if you're trolling...

If not, just get over it. Hasbro trying to make a single background character slightly more respectful to an audience minority is not the end of the world, and it certainly isn't the end of My Little Pony. Crying about it just makes you and this fandom look even more immature than the furry fandom.

If you are, good show sir.

Edited by Jadefire

MLP isn't "doomed forever" just because Hasbro decided to change Derpy's scene. DHX Media observed the fanbase and gave us this scene as a way of saying thank you, when they weren't at all obligated to pay attention to the fandom and how much they praised Derpy. We still have her even if her scene is changed. Shouldn't we be thankful that Hasbro is still allowing that, at the very least, instead of getting upset over what was modified?

The unedited version is freely available around the internet anyway. A huge proportion of the reactions - mostly on EqD and elsewhere on the internet - are overblown and ridiculous.

Edited by Senn555
  • Brohoof 4

Want to know something funny? People got offended by a character that they helped create! Derpy was just an animation error that we, as a fandom, latched on to. She was never intended to be a serious character, and now that the guys at StudioB practically see us as friends, we bite the hand that feeds us by lashing out against Derpy. This only discourages future attempts at sharing a closer bond with the people who run the show that we love so much.

I completely agree. A bunch of big dumb meanies had to hate on derpy. You broke a rule. You dont EVER hate derpy. Those bronies that dont know the real meaning of derpy is to be like our "silly filly" side. To be the fun pony that everypony relates to. Nopony has never derped before. And those bronies that complained about derpy. To me their not real bronies. Keep derpy. Not no named average boring grey-pony. Such a disgrace.

Ok so i may have overreacted but still. Everypony loves derpy. And to be honest i dont know how to troll. This is the first forum ive ever joined.

Relax, it's not like Derpy's missing name indicates the end of the world Posted Image

There's more about the show other than some voiced background characters. Even before she got the dialogues, we all loved her just fine. And we won't stop loving Derpy Hooves even after all of this... crisis.

Grab a chill pill! Posted Image

I will be honest, I was very paranoid like you when this all started. Figured this would end us all. But in reality, It won't.

Most fandoms go through these things. This whole thing will just be something for us to simply forget. But if we keep making a huge deal out of this like you are, the topic won't ever die, and many more sh*tstorms will commence.

We already have enough don't you think? I don't feel as if we need a certain scene controversy to add more into the storm. :L

It's all right, really. This whole shitstorm's got everyone's tempers flaring. Just as long as people stop completely freaking out over things like this, nothing bad's going to happen.

I think the fandom needs to make some kind of "Derpy Day" in response to this where all the artists draw Derpy bein a derp. It'd be like that "Draw Muhammad" day only less extreme.

I think there was something about a "friendship letter delivery" thing on March 1st with Derpy involved.

Posted Image

Shame on you. It seems you can only see derpy in all and every MLP episode. I bet you can't even enjoys the latest smile smile smile song

Thats harsh bro. Ive showed all my friends. Even non bronies. Smile smile smile. And every other mlp song. Thats just harsh. Everypony overreacts. Im sure you have before.

It's not even a big deal... I honestly couldn't care less if derpy was edited out of all episodes...after all she is just a background character and has a very small affect on the actual show...and hey, its the community that makes derpy what derpy is....

Hello, everypony. I'm here to talk about my views concerning Hasbro removing Derpy from the show. As I'm sure your aware, there has been a truckload of complaints from people that Derpy is "offensive to the mentally handicapped". I'm here to tell these people just how narrow-minded and hypocritical they are.

The basic logic of the helicopter parents that were kicking off about this basically said that "Mental handicaps are bad and offensive, and they should not be on TV". What do good parents do with their Autistic children? Well, it's simple:

They look past the handicap, and continue doing their best to secure a happy and successful future for their child.

When a parent looks at their child, they should see the child, not the handicap. These parents are so insecure about 'mental handicaps', that I wonder if they actually consider their children to be sentient beings. Such parents are horrible people and their children should be taken into custody of someone who can actually look past a stereotype and avoid using "autism" as an excuse for every mistake their child makes.

Assuming that Derpy even is mentally handicapped in the first place (and not just a silly pony):

Even before Hasbro changed Derpy's voice, the entire situation was absolutely pitiful. I say this because Hasbro put Derpy into the show, completely disregarding her "mentally handicapped" behaviour. Then the parents came, saw the stereotype first, and kicked up a stink. The parents are not parents, they are slaves to political correctness. They don't see their children for their potential, they see them for their "disability". Hasbro was more tolerant than the parents were, before they got scared about their reputation.

If Hasbro chooses to favor the idiocracy of "political correctness" over the unconditional love and tolerance of its characters, regardless of mental handicaps or lack thereof. I will boycott the show as I will assume that you no longer care about the community that got this show where it was. Hasbro, know this: Biting the hand that feeds will eventually make the hand stop feeding.

To parents: Love your children, warts and all. Don't make excuses for your children's setbacks, create solutions.

To Hasbro: MLP is a show about love and tolerance, not political correctness.

That's my twenty six bits. Discuss.

Edited by Geneva Mode
  • Brohoof 6

Thats harsh bro. Ive showed all my friends. Even non bronies. Smile smile smile. And every other mlp song. Thats just harsh. Everypony overreacts. Im sure you have before.

The only time I overreact was when I got perma-banned on some forum just because I shunned away all bronies from my little gaming subforum Posted Image

Derpy is not the only good part of the show, there's no use fusing about how this single change will actually ends everything you loved

(Warning: Pinkazoid is a weirdo that's typing in her computer at 3 in the morning, if any of the following posts don't make any sense, ignore at all cost)

i don't really think that that video is real, I don't know, I've memorized Dash's lines in that scene (don't ask why)and some changed, and also if they did change Derpy's voice how come they had to change Dash's too, Dash's voice sounded off-key, but maybe it's just weirdo me xD