Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Save Derpy Hooves  

45 users have voted

1. 1. Derpy Hooves: Hate or like?

• Against
    • Destroy the Misunderstanding

Maybe Hasbro shouldn't of caved in so quickly but as a brand they have a right to protect their investment, whether we like it or not. In the end there is next to nothing that can be done as the damage has been done.

Underping the eyes is kind of Ironic, isn't it?

I'm not angered at all, but her new voice is not that good for me. I personally like her old voice better, but I guess I gotta get used to it from now on.

Dood, you're overreacting.

Next time I see Derpy, I won't be able to think of her the same way, I don't see MLP as a whole any different. I can agree on one thing though, don't make Fluttershy cry. Its not nice.

I am upset they "fixed" her eyes. If this remains permanent, then she'd be best as a background pony. I hate saying that because she's Derpy, but still...

Maybe Hasbro shouldn't of caved in so quickly but as a brand they have a right to protect their investment, whether we like it or not. In the end there is next to nothing that can be done as the damage has been done.

Well they were able to deal the damage after the episode aired for the first time. Surely they can reverse it just as easily.

Want to know something funny? People got offended by a character that they helped create! Derpy was just an animation error that we, as a fandom, latched on to. She was never intended to be a serious character, and now that the guys at StudioB practically see us as friends, we bite the hand that feeds us by lashing out against Derpy. This only discourages future attempts at sharing a closer bond with the people who run the show that we love so much.

This is so true! They listen to us and finally give our favorite background pony a little recognition from their end, and a few of us lash out and ruin the whole thing. If this ruins the whole relationship between us fans and the people at Studio B, somebody is going to taste the full might of our love and tolerance.
  • Brohoof 1

Well they were able to deal the damage after the episode aired for the first time. Surely they can reverse it just as easily.

The original still exists with intact Derpy, it's out there we know that. Reversing it at this point would amount to nothing but them admitting they were wrong, which I doubt will happen.

The original still exists with intact Derpy, it's out there we know that. Reversing it at this point would amount to nothing but them admitting they were wrong, which I doubt will happen.

If Hasbro wants to keep its good reputation with their community, they will have to swallow their pride. If they don't, they've just thrown away more than a year's work, and internet history.

I'm not happy about this either, but the original scene still exists, so it's not like you have to see the edited scene if you don't want to. Now I just wonder if they'll show the edited scene on TV instead now during regular reruns...

Edited by Brony Bolt

I'm not happy about this either, but the original scene still exists, so it's not like you have to see the edited scene if you don't want to. Now I just wonder if they'll show the edited scene on TV instead now during regular reruns...

Hah, that's what I said in one of the status updates about this issue...

But seriously, don't take this issue too seriously. If you want the original Derpy voice back, along with the name drop, just watch the episode on Youtube, or get the DVD which has the original, unedited episode!

• Brohoof 1

Now don't get me wrong from my first post

The voice it was changed to didn't irk me, the name drop did a little.

The fact that they would do such a thing just kills me. Hasbro may have had to do this, to save themselves some political and social angst, but seriously. Yes, the show may be for little girls, but derpy was the fandom's input that the writers decided for themselves to put her in. Im just sad that such a change was deemed necessary by Apple, Hasbro, or whoever thought this was necessary.

My outlook on humanity has taken a major hit, I mean, who was offended by a always happy, bubbly little yellow maned pony for cryin' out loud. Derpy always made me happy, even before the Last Roundup episode. Her little smile...daw, who am I kidding. I'm a sap for cute ponies.

http-~~-//www.youtube.c...a96FUAAAAAAAAAA

Fate has dealt a cruel hand.

well, I have to go cry now after that video.

I for one will never forget the friend I lost to mainstream media.

Long live OUR derpy

Forever ever ever ever, thats Four ever's, and everyone counts

Maybe, they did swallow their pride during the 80's with Transformers and G.I Joe. But still an apology will do next to nothing at this point if we are not able to accept what has happened.

it was kinda stupid to change the eyes and the name but Damn I'll say it I prefer this voice a lot more the old one *hides*

There's no need to hide. Safety in numbers, you know. I agree with you.

I actually prefer this voice. I mean, the first voice was an accident. The VA thought she was voicing a male. It always seemed rather awkward to me.

I do think that it was a shame that they "underped" Derpy's eyes and deleted the name though. I guess removing the name is why Tabitha St. Germain crossed out the name Derpy on her personal site a while back. I thought it was a joke then, but I guess it was just a preview of the change that was in the works.

Really, I don't think any less of the crew at DHX or Hasbro for this. They are a publicly traded company, and they have an image to maintain. I do think that the real tragedy here is that people get so worked up over things like this that they have to put pressure on a company for something so small. Really?

I mean, come on, Snails is basically the same thing. Am I wrong? How come so much noise was created around Derpy, but no one cares about Snails? I just don't know what went wrong.

• Brohoof 1

This is an absolute outrage! I have created this account solely for the purpose of posting here about this to support the imminent flood of protests to the recent change.

They have removed the name that everybody came to know and love, they have un-derped for adorable eyes that added character and a very unique trait, and most importantly, they changed her voice! They changed her voice from the cute and lovable innocent voice that perfectly portrayed her character and clumsiness into a near-insufferable voice that has no emotion, effort, or anything that the original had. They have slaughtered Derpy...

Please, we cannot let this happen without fighting back and letting them know the truth. They should not have fallen for the trolling of brony-haters that said they found Derpy offensive for no real or valid reason. Listen to the community, not the occasional troll and hater. Do not destroy Derpy like this; restore her to her real self!

• Brohoof 4

Given the negative energy surrounding this whole debacle, I encourage everypony to read these words of encouragement. Just so it's out there, the DVD as is hasn't been altered. We may see otherwise when the DVD is released at the end of the month, but the review copy has everything still in tact.

----------------------------------

Yes, it's upsetting that the moment marking the full consciousness of our fandom was removed. And yes, Hasbro could have handled this a lot better. Not only was it disappointing that they caved to this overly-PC minority, but they picked a bad time by laying this on us when there also isn't a new episode this Saturday. However, it must be remembered that this was a decision by higher-ups, not the creative team. What they do is indeed magic, and it's our duty as fans to keep supporting the team. It's sad they had to make this compromise, but in the end it gets us more great episodes for future Saturdays instead of a cancellation.

You may be tempted to view this situation as "the day the Derpy died," "the moment our fandom went sour" or some such thing and crawl back to the pessimism we escaped from with this show in the first place. However, these are only a few people in an otherwise amazing whole. Every group has a few people who taint the group's image, and we're no exception. Rather than let this turn of events get to us, take a note from Pinkie Pie "giggling at the ghosties" and remember what we've accomplished as a fandom (to name a few):

- Art/Music/Animations (some w/ original voice acting)/fan fictions (a higher rate of good ones)/etc.

- A successful news sites like Equestria Daily and DerpyHooves.com and podcasts like Bronyville and Everfree Radio

- Feeds that share such content like forums such as this and Celestia Radio.

- Meetups and Conventions

- Lots of Money Raised for Charity

- Something as simple as comforting and encouraging people through hard times (even those who considered suicide)

Let the parasprites be and keep on showing the world why it's awesome to be a brony! B)

Edited by Vinyl Scratch
  • Brohoof 3

Yeah, I wonder why this didn't happen with Snails. Come to think of it, he's only had a few speaking roles, maybe there was a problem? Then again, most people apparently hate him, so they wouldn't notice, unlike Derpy.

Really, it doesn't matter much. I actually prefer her new voice, even though it does sound a bit rushed. I wouldn't mind hearing her again, and I'm sure Derpy will be in the background again, wall-eyedness intact, even if she never has another line of dialogue.

Edited by Tupin86

Okay, I've just merged like a gazillion threads. People, if you want to say your opinions on Derpy's voice change, the offensiveness of her being supposedly handicapped, and the like... then please do it in this thread and don't make a new one. Thank you. You may all continue your business now.

• Brohoof 6

Absolutely outraged.... If I didn't know any better, I'd run straight to the studio, find who let this motion pass, and punch them right in every single pain receptor in their body.. But such emotions are well jailed...

They have practically killed arguably the most loved pony there is.. They have sliced her vocal chords, warped her eyes (by un-derping), burned her record of birth (by deleting her name), and so much more! I am seriously astounded that a few blatant trolls that complained were successful in killing Derpy... There was NOTHING offensive about her! The fact that they found it offensive was offensive in it's self!

I could rant for hours on this, but I think most of you already understand what is going on and how it is wrong..

Edited by Logic

We must remember to not be mad at anybody other than those who made this happen.. Let your love for Hasbro, the voice actors, and animators to remain, but do not let this wretched act go unpunished. We must revolt, we must protest, we MUST save Derpy.

Many people related to Derpy well, loved her dearly, and were simply filled with joy by who she was.. But trolls managed to worm their way into the minds of those who held such power as to change this, and clouded their vision..

Honestly, I'm only really a bit upset about Rainbow's lines being changed. They don't sync very well, and her tone of voice just isn't quite right. Derpy's new voice is okay. Not good, but not bad either. Tabitha's voice was good, but unfortunately someone forgot to mention to her that Derpy was female. So, the new voice at least fits the gender.

Oh. And I will miss the derped eyes the character is known for.

...I think if I had any editing skills, I'd take the original version (original Rainbow lines and Derpy's original eyes) and superimpose the new voice for Derpy onto the original.

Edited by RagingTwilight
  • Brohoof 1