Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's it like where you live?

Pr3datorTaco

Yup! I use to work there. I lived in the outskirt towns and such like Issaquah, Kent, North Bend and Snohomish. I spent some time out in Mount Vernon too, but that was a pretty good drive from seattle. I remember Seattle has this massive and impressive public transit system. You can go anywhere. I remember they have a rather lovely Gay district, unlike Nashville where I live now. When I lived there I was an activist fighting to get the same rights as married folk through domestic partnerships. And now here you guys can smoke pot legally and have full fledge marriage. Maybe I need to move back? ;)

That be awesome if you moved back!  I really do love the busses (haven't yet used the light rail)  if i have to go in  to the city for whatever reason then it's the busses.  paying for parking here is not worth it.   lol.

Seattle is a really great place to live.  Weather is great for the most part. summers can be tolerable with constant breezes.  but sometimes it can take awhile for the weather to realize it's supposed to be summer..  afterall here summer doesnt' start until july 5th.   

Edited by angels_gal
  • Brohoof 1

I live in Hawaii.Sadly,I live in the more city-esque part of Oahu,so there isn't much to see aside from a marina with dirty water. :s

However,once you go towards the country side...freakin' gorgeous.Reminds me of Waimea back on Big Island.Lots of lush green land as far as the eye can see.I love it.

I live in Seattle Washington. We have a reputation for having a lot of rain, but truth be told our rainfall isn't that much, however its rather grey and drizzly all year around. The reason we have a repuation for having lots of rain is because it LOOKs like its raining outside about three quarters of the time. The only time it doesn't look grey and drizzly outside is in the summer time.

Seattle has a lot of coffee shops. And there are a lot of pretentious artist types who think they are smarter than everyone else.

• Brohoof 1

Indiana. We got corn, beans, corn, wheat, and corn fields and combines. But really we're not all "rednecks". We have cities and suburbs. This ain't Kentucky! (no offense to Kentuckians, I have family from there :P)

Weather is RIDICULOUS.

One year we have an ice storm, the next, hardly any snow,

One day it's 70, the next it's 20.

Summer, it can be 110 and it's been in the negatives in winter.

It's a boring place but it's home  B)

Fun Indiana Facts:

Indy 500 (meh)

Michael Jackson was born here!

Adam Lambert was born here! (I love him  :wub:  )

• 2 years later...

It's full of nature, mostly wooded areas, lots of horses and cows. It's still snowy outside but I live in the middle of cold and warm. I live like Applejack.

It is hot and the land floods when it rains heavily. Garbage clogs the drains, stray cats are common, the internet is very slow, my Cartoon Network is in spanish and the roads are terrible. People brush their teeth outside and you can hear loud music almost every night. That's life in a third world country.

It's cold, depressing, and I want to do something other than sit here and not do anything. I might as well start drawing again. Wolfs are starting to come back, Im really starting to hate ice now, STILL waiting for my mom to stop acting crazy and let me play my games, and I would like to go out with friends sometime, but the roads are all iced. I'm 17 and I'm being treated like a 6 year old. Still haven't seen any of my nieces in years and my grandmother pretty much stolen all my grandfathers things and money and given it all to her good for nothing brothers and sisters. I was supposed to get something he left for me and my brother, but i have yet to see it. My family is all messed up and instead of my sisters trying to help, they wanna make things worse by making my mom angry. My mom doesn't trust me because she thinks im gonna be like them. My brother is treated better than me and has more of a life than me, and he's only 11. Enjoying life.

(edited)

I live in martinsburg wv. Small town surrounded by farms and apple orcards and in between two mountians and very hilly The weather here is ok and the springs are wonderful. Not to cold and not to hot. Summers are of course hot and the winters are long,cold and we miss out on alot of snow because of mountains. The fall here is beautiful because of all the colors the trees make the mountains look like big mounds of color in the fall and as for the people here they are a weird mix of "redneck" and just normal people but overall pretty nice and mind their own business. I have lived here my whole life and its been pretty good besides for the winters that I hate with a passion.

Edited by ShadowedDreamer
  • Brohoof 1

Pretty dangerous place to live in, you can get assaulted on the bus and get your belongings and money stolen if you just happen to get on the bus at the wrong time and a thief gets on afterwards :blink: The water goes out alot at random some days and it's always horrible when it does -_- There's garbage and graffiti everywhere, not to mention dog poop littering almost every couple feet of sidewalk :eww: Most houses have gates to protect the owners from thieves, and those that don't are in serious danger (we actually got robbed about a month after moving here :()

I live in martinsburg wv. Small town surrounded by farms and apple orcards and in between two mountians and very hilly The weather here is ok and the springs are wonderful. Not to cold and not to hot. Summers are of course hot and the winters are long,cold and we miss out on alot of snow because of mountains. The fall here is beautiful because of all the colors the trees make the mountains look like big mounds of color in the fall and as for the people here they are a weird mix of "redneck" and just normal people but overall pretty nice and mind their own business. I have lived here my whole life and its been pretty good besides for the winters that I hate with a passion.

West Virginia for the win!

I live in Grafton, WV, and it is a pretty rough town. It's been declining since the 50's when the B&O Railroad went defunct. They've been trying to turn it around recently, but I don't have faith that it will happen. The city itself looks old; like something out of the 50's. The people here can range from nice to plain out assholes. The town revolves around its sports team. The weather here is pretty crappy here in the winter. It's downright boring; nothing to do.

So in conclusions... it's meh.

• Brohoof 1

I live in Longview Texas ^^ its kind of small but crowded. this year, winter was very unusual like it reached to 28 degrees but in summer its very hot like around 90-110 degrees

It's very quiet where I live.

I live in a rural area full of corn fields.

Do you ever encounter children of the corn? XD

Anyways, I live in California, home of earthquakes, film, and cheap cable TV. Remember, Jerry Brown is here to protect you, so smile or pay! :)

I live in a upper-middle class suburban town in northern California. It's safe and has lots of trees and open space with a centralized downtown full of life, so it's pretty nice and a bit different from most suburban towns.  I'd rather be living up north in Washington or Oregon, but I can't complain. That'd be foolish.

It's prettiest in winter and spring, when everything is usually green...

Walnut_Creek_view_from_Acalanes_Open_Spa

The mountain gets a dusting of snow occasionally...

Mt_Diablo_F09_020cw.jpg

Kudos to anyone who knows where it is.

I live in Southern Alberta

Temperatures are a bit dry with frost in the winter and decently hot summers. I live in a small town that's becoming bigger with a Wal-Mart, UFA, and Tim Hortons coming in in just the last few years, and now we're getting a Boston Pizza. I drive into a small city for college Tues and Thurs that's kinda a mix of city life and country life

Not the most exciting place to live though, it's pretty right-wing here with the drinking and teenage pregnancy/marriage that other people have said

I live in southern Alberta as well!

Originally I'm from northern Canada so it was a bit of an adjustment as I live in a city but it's alright here, the weather is crazy tho.

Here's a visual of where I live:

Calgary-Skyline-1024x430.jpg

It's not too bad!

(edited)

Guys, I wanna visit some of you. Especially, who are living in subtropics.

Right now I see from window:

2015-03-01%2012.29.36.jpg

Snowy town at western Siberia.

Nice place, but wanna moar sun, sometimes.

Edited by Cryptic Script

its hot, chances of rain are rare, and chances of snow are none.... also this place has some of the worst drivers in America.... can't tell you how many times I nearly got hit by some jackass not paying attention.... there are mountains in the distance....and a Air Force base a few cities away... miles of untouched desert and farmland

Guys, I wanna visit some of you. Especially, who are living in subtropics.

Right now I see from window:

2015-03-01%2012.29.36.jpg

Snowy town at western Siberia.

Nice place, but wanna moar sun, sometimes.

The buildings there look lovely  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

In the Netherlands, it tends to rain a lot. Lately we've been having quite warm and dry summers but overall it's not very warm, but not exactly cold either. We don't get much snow and I'm happy for that because snow disrupts the entire country. Trains and buses are very late or don't go at all, the roads get slippery and people crash all the time or simply drive slower than I generally walk.

Aside from the weather it's pretty fine here. People are generally nice, I guess, even though I don't interact much with most of them. I live in small but modern city that I like because it has everything a town should have. It has enough stores to buy what I want to buy, but it's still small so I don't have to walk forever to get to a store once I'm in town. Also, free parking for the first two hours.

Very old and very royal - there's a castle at nearly every corner.