Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

*SPOILERS* Thoughts on the Alicorn Amulet?

duidamasterXD

Want a good analogy?

The Alicorn Amulet is like the Symbiote from Spider Man. That is at least what I immediately connected it to. It enhances your skills, but negatively affects your personality/corrupts you.

It would be interesting for a non-unicorn to get a hold of it. I don't see why it wouldn't work. It would just simply enhance one's skills.

Haha Pinkie wearing it...Ponyville would be one huge angry party. (aka a bad rave?)

• Brohoof 1

Definately, it can possess you, that's a true fact if it is used the wrong way as we saw. But it can come in handy in extreme situations.  But really, it is a power up. Maybe since trixie's heart was full of hatred and vengeance, the Alicorn Amuletm was wielding powers of darkess and fear.  

Intriguing idea; however in the show it specifically says that the amulet is corruptive in nature.

Anyway, I really don't want to be that guy who turns everything into a shameless self-promotion, but I'm writing a fanfic about the Elements of Disharmony (each one is the exact opposite of its Element of Harmony counterpart--Betrayal counteracts Loyalty, Deception counteracts Honesty, Power counteracts Magic, etc) and the Alicorn Amulet has the exact same properties as my "Element of Power".  ( ._.)

Corruptive, grants the user immediate and near-limitless magical power, has a color-theme (but yellow instead of red).

Want a good analogy?

The Alicorn Amulet is like the Symbiote from Spider Man. That is at least what I immediately connected it to. It enhances your skills, but negatively affects your personality/corrupts you.

It would be interesting for a non-unicorn to get a hold of it. I don't see why it wouldn't work. It would just simply enhance one's skills.

Haha Pinkie wearing it...Ponyville would be one huge angry party. (aka a bad rave?)

Whoa, I hadn't connected it to the symbiote at all but there are loads of similarities now that I think about it. Thank you for bringing that to my attention :)

Pinkie with the amulet would be pretty much female Discord, insane reality warping, sadism, love of chaos... It all fits.

• Brohoof 1

I did not like the Alicorn Amulet. Maybe if they come up with a real story for it, where it came from and everything, I'll give it a chance. But if it was just a one-time excuse to give us evil Trixie and make "alicorn" canon, it wasn't worth it. If they were going to take a cue from the bronies, I feel it should have been the "possession by King Sombra" idea instead. Not only is it an interesting story arc for the season to follow, it makes Sombra a much more interesting villain along the way.

Edited by TailsAlone

• 1 month later...

The alicorn amulet sends negative energy to the user to make him/her corrupt.

It is like relating to a parasite, that needs to bond with a host.

It will bond with it until, the user is completely demobilized.

• 6 years later...