Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Spyro the Dragon

Captain Marvelous

Finished only the second game, it's the one i like most.
Spryo 1 and 3 are incredibly good though, i played them a lot too.
The newer games are horribly bad, the one that had a old-school spyro gameplay was Hero's Tail but it wasn't even near of being as good as the older games.

So everyone... who still plays any of the Spyro games today, whether it's on an emulator or on a console?

I know I do! Just finished Spyro 2 a few days ago and I think I'll start Spyro 3 in another few days when I have time. :D

I play on emulators, but i always keep it nice and keep the graphics identical to how the PSX rendered them, feels way more nice and you feel like you are playing a PSX game, not a dreamcast game with all those texture filtering games and crap.

So everyone... who still plays any of the Spyro games today, whether it's on an emulator or on a console?

I know I do! Just finished Spyro 2 a few days ago and I think I'll start Spyro 3 in another few days when I have time. :D

Of course I play it - on emulator ^.^

Yay! Spyro YotD :) I like this one the most. I wonder if I'll ever get to the mysterious island in midnight mountain... There are the 3 lives and I want them :wacko:

ahhh...Spyro....the epic purple dragon...i never played many of the games, but i enjoyed watching them all the same, my first game...was...well...Year of the Dragonfly...at first i loved it...but then after a while...the loading screens, the glitches...yeah...then however i got Legend of Spyro A New Beggining which i LOVED i will admit i didn't like Spyro's character design at first...but it grew on me :3

ahhh...Spyro....the epic purple dragon...i never played many of the games, but i enjoyed watching them all the same, my first game...was...well...Year of the Dragonfly...at first i loved it...but then after a while...the loading screens, the glitches...yeah...then however i got Legend of Spyro A New Beggining which i LOVED i will admit i didn't like Spyro's character design at first...but it grew on me :3

You propably mean Enter the dragonfly right? :) Year of the dragon is for PS1. Enter the dragonfly is for PS2 and has the long-lasting loading screens.

You propably mean Enter the dragonfly right? :) Year of the dragon is for PS1. Enter the dragonfly is for PS2 and has the long-lasting loading screens.

...GAH!!!!! yes...i meant Enter the dragonfly *faceplams* -_-

oh yes and we can't forget about possibly the most hatest bear ever...Moneybags....

Oh I remember Spyro games

I used to love to play them

And I still do today

I remember when I was younger

I always sucked at video games

And I used to frequently watch my older sister

Since I became older I had decided to go

Play Year Of The Dragon myself

And I enjoyed every last minute of it

Right now I've beaten most of the game

I just need to collect the rest of the eggs

To get into the bonus worlds

(You get to them after beating the sorceress)

PS1 games are amazing

And yes Moneybags' quotes are hilarious

Edited by Moog Voyager
  • Brohoof 2

Spyro the Dragon was one of my favorite games when I was little and will probably always be in my top 25 games.  Riptos Rage was good too, better story than the first, I 100 percented it.  Year of the Dragon was ok, but too many mini games and side characters for me.  Enter the Dragonfly was very disappointing.  A Heroes Tail had some good elements but wasn't great.  Legend: A New Beginning was a decent rental if nothing else, I'm not sorry I played it.

Spyro was actually one of my favorite games, and still is. I haven't played any of the sequels, but I played the original game extensively when I was younger, and I reminisce about it a lot more then I probably should.  :P

I always thought the worlds and villains were incredibly imaginative, and the gameplay was really addictive. 

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got time to upload the glitch ^.^, I've had a lot of troubble creating it... damn ffmpeg has buggy ogv support

<dummy dummy>

Haha, cool, glitch. What about the second one you mentioned.. where you can double jump and overtake the flying carpet guy or something? :P

I wonder how many simple glitches can be found if you look hard enough. XD

I wonder how many simple glitches can be found if you look hard enough. XD

A lot of glitches. We do even have a contest on spyroforum to find as much glitches as possible. I'm just about to process my 1,2GB of raw glitch videos now :D

A lot of glitches. We do even have a contest on spyroforum to find as much glitches as possible. I'm just about to process my 1,2GB of raw glitch videos now http:////mlpforums-feld0.netdna-ssl.com//public/style_emoticons/mlp/biggrin.png

Haha that's awesome. And that'sis a lot of glitches. XD

Spyroforum... hmm.. I think I might have to check that out sometime in the future. :D

Edited by Vengeance

I love Spyro, but I only have Spyro The Eternal Night for DS.

And I wished there had been a Spyro movie that I heard about for years ago.

Ah I remember Spyro The Eternal Night, used to play it all the time before my DSi broke. :(

And yeah a Spyro movie would be awesome.  

And yeah a Spyro movie would be awesome.

Unfortunetly it was cancled a long time ago, but I don't know why...

btw it look like that I found glitch in every level in Spyro Year of the Dragon o_ O ... except speedways :P (and maybe 2 boss battles)

Edited by Gekoncze

Haha I'm playing through Spyro Year of the Dragon right now and I haven't found any yet... probably cause I'm not used to finding glitches on a game like this. xD

I never found Glitches very often, though a few times I got out of the map, and did the swimming glitch once.

And for a game on the PS1, Spyro had some of the best Swimming mechanics I have ever known.

I never found Glitches very often, though a few times I got out of the map, and did the swimming glitch once.

And for a game on the PS1, Spyro had some of the best Swimming mechanics I have ever known.

Only time I remember getting out the map is when you're beating Crush in Spyro 2 and you can get out to the bit where Ripto is and see that he is a lot taller, if you would call that going out the map.

And yeah, In my opinion Spyro is still the number one game for the swimming mechanics.

Yeah, I like the swimming mechanics too, but my little young cousin find it confusing that when you press up, you aim down XD

Only time I remember getting out the map is when you're beating Crush in Spyro 2 and you can get out to the bit where Ripto is and see that he is a lot taller, if you would call that going out the map.

Yeah, I think it could be called getting out of the map. You can also get to Ripto in the Gulp battle ;)I like flaming Ripto there :D

• Brohoof 1

Ahh... Spyro. I remember the good days.
Man, that game is fun! Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Ape Escape... that was the video game life for me! It was enjoyable and memorable.

I especially loved how Spyro games played out. Sadly, I kinda forgot a lot of things about Spyro but I can assure you guys that I did play the game. :P

Spyro was a true hero of the original PLaystation era, and I believe his legacy was kept in pretty good conditions over the years. Enter the dragonfly was actually the very first spyro game I played, so I get a lot of nostalgia from replaying it, and I felt like hero's tail was a great adventure too. It certainly felt more epic than previous spyro games, and I loved how you didn't really transport to levels all that much as a lot of the levels seemed to join and mesh together in one huge map depending on the theme. I haven't played too much of the legend series, but the graphics and flight mechanics are a lot of fun, and even skylanders can be a blast to play at times, despite being fairly simplistic (and spyro not really being the main character anymore). It was criminal how spyro was left out of Playstation all-stars battle royale (since they had other 3rd party characters in there like Dante and the Big Daddy) along with crash. WHile Skylanders is a very fine franchise in it's own right, I hope that someday Spyro returns to having fully-fledged 3D adventures again, but I guess for now, all we can do is wait. I bet Spike and Spyro would get on very well indeed :)

• Brohoof 1

It was criminal how spyro was left out of Playstation all-stars battle royale (since they had other 3rd party characters in there like Dante and the Big Daddy) along with crash.

The funny thing on this is that I don't even know who Dante and the Big Daddy is XD (but this can be caused by me not playing many PS2 games :P)

I bet Spike and Spyro would get on very well indeed :)

Of course they would get on very well ^.^

It would be interesting to see Spike in some Spyro game like some easter egg for example :D

Every time I see spike I always think of how he is very similar to Spyro. Woo for baby dragons!

Now I think it's time to get back to Spyro Year of the Dragon. I'm doing the second world now. ^-^

The original Spyro the Dragon for the PS1 was great fun to play. While it was nothing too difficult, most of the levels were pretty engaging, kept dialoge to a minimum, had good flow, and didn't assume you were incapable of figuring things out on your own.

The only level that really frustrated me as a kid was Tree Tops; I could never figure out how to reach that damn egg thief at the end of the level, or that dragon statue that was nestled out in the far corner of the level. Bloody super charge puzzles.

I remember playing this game as a kid, and the world holding the Artisan homeworld's boss scared the crap out of me because of those dogs.

EDIT: Yeah, the world was called "Toasty," and what I'm talking about are these:

Dog.jpg

Edited by New Moon

I remember playing this game as a kid, and the world holding the Artisan homeworld's boss scared the crap out of me because of those dogs.

EDIT: Yeah, the world was called "Toasty," and what I'm talking about are these:

Dog.jpg

lol yeah those dogs were quite scary the first time I saw flamed them. I remember myslef running and flaming one by one and laughing about the sounds they were making :D

Now I think it's time to get back to Spyro Year of the Dragon. I'm doing the second world now. ^-^

I just finished the last world, but I don't pick all the eggs and gems on the way... I just need to finally finish one of my videos.

Haha. I'm a completionist. I need to collect every single thing before I advance to the next part of any of the worlds. I guess it's good in a way. xD

Edited by Vengeance