Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anybody else hate horses in real life?

Brook

I never liked horses, and I never will, I think they are horrible and smelly. Not only that but the things that people do to horses these days just boggle my mind; Why in the hell would anyone constrain a horse and showcase it being hurdled unto a field with obstacles that he must jump for other people's enjoyment and pride? Horses doing anything else aside from being a form of transportation is a horrible horrible thing. I prefer my horses cartoon and talking thank you very much.

Horses are really just a transportation (and legal Gambling) animal to me. Though I am sure you would like horses back when they used them for work, they were extremely useful. But talking today, I really don't care for them.

• Brohoof 1

Somewhat, my Aunt used to own horses and I've seen the Budweiser Clydesdales in real life (lol I live in St. Louis), so its more of a love hate relationship. :/ 

Edited by Dolan is God

I grew up in a very rural area so many of my friends lived on farms and owned horses so I have quite a bit of experience with them. I don't particularly love them more than other animals, but I have no reason to hate them.i Horseback riding can be fun, and horses are pretty cool. Maybe I'm just used to the bad aspects of horses, but I don't see any real reason to hate them. Owners that I've known are usually good to their horses, but the local fair's petting zoo is so cruel to horses, donkeys, etc. that it makes me sick. So I can see why one might be angry at how they are treated sometimes.

Horses are nice :3 I've always liked them, probably due to the Mongolian ancestry of all Finns. I would love have a horse and a bow and arrows someday. /inside joke

they're ok.

• Brohoof 1

Been riding all my life. The ones I rode were kept outside and they love to jump. You can feel the excitement of them when we approach. And no don't try telling me it's fear...when you get that close to an animal you know what he or she is feeling. 

I won't stop riding until my body quits on me

Horses are wonderful

Well, you can just as well ask why would someone throw over 20 people into a stadium and make them chase a ball for hours.

Anyway, it's easy to tell from what you say that you never really had any experience with horses, am I right? Horses are very friendly and intelligent animals and not really smelly if you take care of them. I'm not saying everyone has to love every animal, but I don't really see a reason to hate any either. Unless a horse kicked you in the face when you were a kid or something.

i think theyre pretty. however im not a big fan of horses for one reason: asshole at eye level. low attitude bombing runs from birds are bad enough, so lets not bring livestock into the mix as well. 

• Brohoof 1

I love horses, so to answer the question no I do not hate them. I think they are beautiful creatures. Yes they take a lot of work to take care of there is no doubt about that. I know as I've experienced taking care of all those kinds of chores when I went to a daycamp to ride horses for the first time.

Edited by Fluttermoon
  • Brohoof 1

Well, you can just as well ask why would someone throw over 20 people into a stadium and make them chase a ball for hours.

Anyway, it's easy to tell from what you say that you never really had any experience with horses, am I right? Horses are very friendly and intelligent animals and not really smelly if you take care of them. I'm not saying everyone has to love every animal, but I don't really see a reason to hate any either. Unless a horse kicked you in the face when you were a kid or something.

Wrong sir! I was forced to learn horseback riding when I was 8-11, I hated every lesson and I always came back smelling like something that came out of a nuclear powerplant. And this is very strongly why I hate horses in real life, but it's also very strongly what I mentioned above. Horses are heartless creatures.

Wrong sir! I was forced to learn horseback riding when I was 8-11, I hated every lesson and I always came back smelling like something that came out of a nuclear powerplant. And this is very strongly why I hate horses in real life, but it's also very strongly what I mentioned above. Horses are heartless creatures.

Well, maybe it was not the experience I had, but you've still limited to that you hate horses, because you hated horses as a kid. And yeah, chances are, if you keep hugging any animal for hours, you will have some kind of smell.

I'm still trying to find out why hate, "not very fond of" i can understand, but hate seems a bit excessive. 

The horses I spent time with were generally more intelligent, friendly and clean than some people are, so I might be a bit confused here.

When I first read the title I though it said "Anybody else ate horses in real life". Yeah right. :huh:

Anyway, I don't hate them, but I don't like them either. They are just missing that cuteness factor, something our colorful cartoon ponies just have.

Other animals like cats have this cuteness factor too, so I really like them, but horses? Not really.

I think you're just a little old-fashioned. :/

Horse-riding (particularly hurtling through a field at breakneck speed and flying over jumps) gives off such thrill and adrenaline. It's truly an amazing feeling! People look up to you (literally! ^^) and respect you on a huge animal.

They come in so many colours, shapes, sizes, temperaments... some are cute, pretty, gorgeous, beautiful... (though they sound the same, all these, to a true horsewoman, have slightly different features) but I guess I can't get anypony to agree with me on that unless they are a horse-lover. If we bond with them, they are like best friends; we trust each other, we look after each other.

I don't understand how you are a Brony if you can't stand the animal it's based around.... baffles me. o.O

Edited by (\ScootaDash/)

Why the hate with the Equines? Can't you see that they're very beautiful?

wEYig.jpg

They can be very friendly if you know how to 'talks' with them. They communicate with delicate body languages and whimpers. As soon as they understand that you're a part of the herd and your stature is higher, they will be very meek and huggable.

• Brohoof 1

Well, maybe it was not the experience I had, but you've still limited to that you hate horses, because you hated horses as a kid. And yeah, chances are, if you keep hugging any animal for hours, you will have some kind of smell.

I'm still trying to find out why hate, "not very fond of" i can understand, but hate seems a bit excessive. 

The horses I spent time with were generally more intelligent, friendly and clean than some people are, so I might be a bit confused here.

Look, obviously we haven't been around the same horses, but just as most dogs are alike, so are horses, there (mentally) can't be that much of a difference between them. Just wanted to get that out of the way. I know this is extremely specific to either me or the horses I've encountered, but that doesn't change what I said or the way I see things here, I'm not saying you said you want me to change the way I think but I'm saying all of this just to clarify. It's like if someone was bitten by a dog as a child, he'll hate most dogs he meets and dogs in general, or be terrified by them. Same concept applies here to me, I don't like horses, I think they are horrible.

I think you're just a little old-fashioned. :/

Horse-riding (particularly hurtling through a field at breakneck speed and flying over jumps) gives off such thrill and adrenaline. It's truly an amazing feeling! People look up to you (literally! ^^) and respect you on a huge animal.

They come in so many colours, shapes, sizes, temperaments... some are cute, pretty, gorgeous, beautiful... (though they sound the same, all these, to a true horsewoman, have slightly different features) but I guess I can't get anypony to agree with me on that unless they are a horse-lover. If we bond with them, they are like best friends; we trust each other, we look after each other.

Maybe I am old-fashioned, who said that's a bad thing?

Also, there are better ways to enjoy yourself than to make an animal be your mule.

And I think dogs are everything you described there (aside from riding them), and more.

I don't understand how you are a Brony if you can't stand the animal it's based around.... baffles me. o.O

Why not? That's the same as not understanding why someone likes anti-heroes in video games/movies even though they are bad people in real-life. It's soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much different, and cartoon horses don't smell, they act like humans, and they don't poop every five inches.

Edited by Brook

Look, obviously we haven't been around the same horses, but just as most dogs are alike, so are horses, there (mentally) can't be that much of a difference between them. Just wanted to get that out of the way. I know this is extremely specific to either me or the horses I've encountered, but that doesn't change what I said or the way I see things here, I'm not saying you said you want me to change the way I think but I'm saying all of this just to clarify. It's like if someone was bitten by a dog as a child, he'll hate most dogs he meets and dogs in general, or be terrified by them. Same concept applies here to me, I don't like horses, I think they are horrible.

Honestly, I would argue about whether animals are all the same or have very distinct personalities, because I say they can be very individual, from rather clever and friendly up to troll and an ass. As weird as that sounds when talking about animals.

Either way if you dislike animals or particular animal, it's perfectly fine and normal, unless you go out and kill them for that, my "hidden" point I'm trying to show you here is that just because you dislike it, there is no reason to go on about how evil, dirty, smelly, ugly and stupid the animal is, because the chances are some people love the animal and you are being needlessly offensive and irritating to them.

Honestly, I would argue about whether animals are all the same or have very distinct personalities, because I say they can be very individual, from rather clever and friendly up to troll and an ass. As weird as that sounds when talking about animals.

Either way if you dislike animals or particular animal, it's perfectly fine and normal, unless you go out and kill them for that, my "hidden" point I'm trying to show you here is that just because you dislike it, there is no reason to go on about how evil, dirty, smelly, ugly and stupid the animal is, because the chances are some people love the animal and you are being needlessly offensive and irritating to them.

True, however, they still all do the same things in essence.

And I'm sorry if it came off like that, I was just trying to think of a way to explain myself and the reason why I don't fancy horses, and those words sort of came out of me...

Also I'm not trying to offend anyone, but this thread is basically about people hatin' on horses, so it's kind of hard to keep it down...

Well, horses are okay. They are a good means of transportation, but they are a lot of work to take care of. I'd rather just own a car.

My little sister is obsessed with horses. 

There was this one time after Youth Group, and the main question of the day was; If God told you you could have one of anything, what would you choose? We were talking about it on the way home. I said I would ask for wisdom beyond man's abilities. My other sister, the eldest, but younger than me. Said she would like riches, which wasn't too much of a bad thing, considering the financial problem we have. And my youngest sister, the one obsessed with horses, said; "I would ask for a horse."

It made me 'WTF'. 

By the way, ponies are not horses. I would just like to point that out.

True, however, they still all do the same things in essence.

And I'm sorry if it came off like that, I was just trying to think of a way to explain myself and the reason why I don't fancy horses, and those words sort of came out of me...

Also I'm not trying to offend anyone, but this thread is basically about people hatin' on horses, so it's kind of hard to keep it down...

Well, I am bit biased, because I basically like all animals and for whatever reason, most animals like me. Seriously, if someone has a an old dog that is aggressive and hates all living things, it's very likely that it will want to play with me.

And when it comes to horses, I'd say that the "communication" between the human and the horse plays much bigger role than with most other animals ... and when horse dislikes you, it has ways of making you know.

There is also a huge difference between those "broken" horses you see pulling carriages around cities or being used as a fun ride for kids and horses that were ever ridden by only one person and/or have no real training.

And hard to keep it down, well, I find it deeply ironic to see hating thread on brony forums, all things considered.No need for friendship and love, but you know, toleration and moderation is also good.  :)

I have one horse in particular I hate. I was helping my aunt around her stables. (she rents stables to people who cant keep their horses at their houses) I was cleaning out a stable and in the next stall there was a horse that bites named El Dorado. Said horse got the idea to kick in my direction, And his foot went in between the bars and nailed me dead center in the back. I went flying across the stall. (About 10 feet or 2 1/3 meters) My aunt called the ambulance thinking that fuckin horse broke my spine. I got up looked in the mirror and I had a BLACK hoof shape in the middle if my back. Told the EMTs that I was fine but they "had" to take me to the hospital anyways. And I got a whole gamut of X-rays and they had me on a backboard for 3 days.

All other horses i have no problem with and there are a few I even like.

Heck no! Who wouldn't want an iron-clad stallion and ride them around and defeat their enemies!?  :D

O-okay, maybe not that.....  :huh:

But still. Link rode a horse and he's cool. So horses are indeed, cool.  :)

OK, why do I want to see Link riding Rainbow Dash!?  :blink:

Edited by Supernova