Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Spiderman Movie Trilogy vs. The Amazing Spiderman

Scootalove

I've been thinking about this for a while, so I decided to let everypony voice their opinion for this burning question. Anypony can voice their opinion, if you don't agree with it just explain why if your comfortable with explaining your opinion.

Question: Which spiderman movies do you prefer that you enjoy/relate to the comics , The Spiderman Trilogy (Spiderman 1 , Spiderman 2 , and Spiderman 3) or the remake (The Amazing Spiderman)?

I personally enjoyed The Amazing Spiderman much more than the other 3 movies. It had some great quotes, and I feel like the guy who played Peter played him well. The Peter in the other movies just seemed too old.

• Brohoof 2

I personally enjoyed The Amazing Spiderman much more than the other 3 movies. It had some great quotes, and I feel like the guy who played Peter played him well. The Peter in the other movies just seemed too old.

I agree with you but, Maguire really played the role of Parker better then Garfield. While, Garfield played a good role as Spiderman but not as much as Maguire.

I never read the comics so i'm just going by the movies. The first Spiderman, imo, was way better than the new one. Andrew Garfield's  Peter Parker doesn't seem as likable as when Tobey Maguire's played him. Peter seemed a lot more arrogant and more of a general tosser to me in the new film.

I honestly liked the first one better (Spider man, not amazing).

But that's just me. I liked Maguire more than Garfield.Maguire in my opinion resmbles the comic guy more.

I agree with you completely, the Spider-Man trilogy well the 1st one reminded me of Parker from the comics. Garfield just reminds me of a Ultimate Spider-Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy-v4c4is-w 

I enjoyed the movie but I prefer the original trilogy in all honesty but then again, it could improve so we never know. For now, the Amazing Spiderman left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth

Same here. The original always beats the remake, it has happened in TV/Movies and I really think the Amazing Spiderman was decent. But not better then the trilogy.

I was a huge fan of the trilogy and was like, "who the freak is this new guy? no one can do spider man like Maguire".....i was very wrong.

Toby was without a doubt, spiderman at the base of it, he fit the nerdy kinda invisible role, had the kinda spidermanish attitude, and was a safe choice for spiderman and did his job...however what most know and love about spiderman, is his wild sarcasm and jokey attitude, now toby did portray some of this, but once i seen the amazing spiderman, i seen it wasn't enough.

Andrew....oh Andrew how i doubted you good sir. He didn't look the part to me, or even seem to act the part at first, but i must say...good choice whoever friggin chose him. He pulls off the not popular awkward feel without being too far into it, and the whole super intelligent thing comes off nice as well without him seeming like a total geek. And as spiderman, the sarcastic joking attitude was perfect, just perfect, the moment he started to act as if the samll knife the thief has was his weakness, i Cracked up laughing, it was so perfect..

Now the one thing i disliked about the amazing spiderman, which i know is supposedly the original way he was, was the Cartridges, i dislike those with a passion, i don't see why the spiderman would friggin NEED a cartridge. So his base powers are climbing walls....speed, strength, and awareness? Ok so hes "general insect-bug" man or a slew of other possibilities? what actually defines him as a spider? yea i know he got bitten by one hence the name, but the powers he got from the bite don't really define the hero enough, he basically had to create his identity, otherwise know one would guess, "SPIDER he has SPIDER powers!!"

Yet once again even with my dislike for the cartridges, i was pleasantly surprised. Toby's version of spiderman could fight and fought well, but was nothing in my opinion to Andrews incarnation of spiderman, even though the characer was set with cartridges, the use of webs in his battles were superb! A constant array of webs flying and wrapping his enemies, pulling himself in and out of danger and whipping objects around! THAT is how i wanna see spiderman fight, THAT defines him as a spider, not punching and kicking all the time! Not only that, this version of spiderman actually seemed ALOT stronger that the previous one. The trilogy spider man was indeed strong, but spiderman himself can lift tons, i'm not sure the exact number, but spiderman is much stronger than people believe. In the amazing spiderman on the bridge scene, he effortlessly webbed a car falling off a bridge, and attached it to the bridge, no sweat, that was pleasing to see as to me it showed off more of his actual power, not to mention SO many other things in the movie that really screamed "this is the real spiderman", like the scene in the sewer where he had webs laying in wait to catch his prey (lizardman) on camera, GENIUS, ingenuity, intelligence, very very spiderlike. And even the way they portrayed the Lizard was good, Much stronger than i expected him to be, and very dangerous, and they advanced the plot in the movie to the point where it was almost all over, Loved it.

Overall i would say the reboot of the spiderman movie series was unexpected, but after seeing The Amazing Spiderman, i must say was needed and welcome, MUCH better than the Trilogy.

(After reading all that i sound like a total fanboy  :blink: )

I was a huge fan of the trilogy and was like, "who the freak is this new guy? no one can do spider man like Maguire".....i was very wrong.

Toby was without a doubt, spiderman at the base of it, he fit the nerdy kinda invisible role, had the kinda spidermanish attitude, and was a safe choice for spiderman and did his job...however what most know and love about spiderman, is his wild sarcasm and jokey attitude, now toby did portray some of this, but once i seen the amazing spiderman, i seen it wasn't enough.

Andrew....oh Andrew how i doubted you good sir. He didn't look the part to me, or even seem to act the part at first, but i must say...good choice whoever friggin chose him. He pulls off the not popular awkward feel without being too far into it, and the whole super intelligent thing comes off nice as well without him seeming like a total geek. And as spiderman, the sarcastic joking attitude was perfect, just perfect, the moment he started to act as if the samll knife the thief has was his weakness, i Cracked up laughing, it was so perfect..

Now the one thing i disliked about the amazing spiderman, which i know is supposedly the original way he was, was the Cartridges, i dislike those with a passion, i don't see why the spiderman would friggin NEED a cartridge. So his base powers are climbing walls....speed, strength, and awareness? Ok so hes "general insect-bug" man or a slew of other possibilities? what actually defines him as a spider? yea i know he got bitten by one hence the name, but the powers he got from the bite don't really define the hero enough, he basically had to create his identity, otherwise know one would guess, "SPIDER he has SPIDER powers!!"

Yet once again even with my dislike for the cartridges, i was pleasantly surprised. Toby's version of spiderman could fight and fought well, but was nothing in my opinion to Andrews incarnation of spiderman, even though the characer was set with cartridges, the use of webs in his battles were superb! A constant array of webs flying and wrapping his enemies, pulling himself in and out of danger and whipping objects around! THAT is how i wanna see spiderman fight, THAT defines him as a spider, not punching and kicking all the time! Not only that, this version of spiderman actually seemed ALOT stronger that the previous one. The trilogy spider man was indeed strong, but spiderman himself can lift tons, i'm not sure the exact number, but spiderman is much stronger than people believe. In the amazing spiderman on the bridge scene, he effortlessly webbed a car falling off a bridge, and attached it to the bridge, no sweat, that was pleasing to see as to me it showed off more of his actual power, not to mention SO many other things in the movie that really screamed "this is the real spiderman", like the scene in the sewer where he had webs laying in wait to catch his prey (lizardman) on camera, GENIUS, ingenuity, intelligence, very very spiderlike. And even the way they portrayed the Lizard was good, Much stronger than i expected him to be, and very dangerous, and they advanced the plot in the movie to the point where it was almost all over, Loved it.

Overall i would say the reboot of the spiderman movie series was unexpected, but after seeing The Amazing Spiderman, i must say was needed and welcome, MUCH better than the Trilogy.

(After reading all that i sound like a total fanboy  :blink: )

Well your not a fanboy xD, your just speaking the truth. The trilogy was well head to head with the reboot , but you know every opinion is welcome here for everypony. So thanks for ur input.

• 1 year later...

MaGuire WAS Parker. Amazing Spidey 1 felt a bit cliché and rushed. I liked that it was closer to the comics, but everything else didn't felt very right.

TAS2 was better, with worse villains but with better plot and writing.

How would I put it:

Spider-Man 2 >>>>>> Spider-Man >>>>>> Amazing Spider-Man 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Amazing Spider-Man >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spider-Man 3