Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I think it would come down to why they were fighting, and therefore how serious they'd be about it. Instant sudden desire to murder the other? Twilight, with laser beams possibly preceded by an immobilization spell. Long term competition where each has goals counter to the other? Pinkie Pie, for sheer unpredictability and stamina. Twilight would give her a run for her money, though. Also, Twilight seems likely to come up with a compromise anyway. Some kind of friendly sparring match (say, Twlight wants to test her magic's combat utility and enlists Pinkie for help)? Initially, Pinkie Pie, until Twilight gets used to thinking in combat mode. Some kind of game? Pinkie, because I imagine her taking games WAY seriously. XD

• Brohoof 2

I think it would be Pinkie Pie, after all, she is Pinkamena. Ya know, she killed RD and made her into cupcakes... And she also is kinda crazy, especially when she almost ruined her surprise party in 'Gummys After-Party' Episode...

pinkamena_by_davidlc-d45into.png

• 1 month later...

It is now evened out.

Both of them are Alicorns from this post onwards.

Actually, I'm not entirely sure if that evens things out o-O

Does this fight really need to be evened out? Being an alicorn essentially only grants Twilight the additional ability of flight, which Pinkie still renders pointless due to her incredible land speed and predictive abilities.

Although if Twilight does get greater magical powers, then Pinkie may well be screwed if Twilight finds some way to neutralise her Pinkie-ness.

I think pinkie pie would win.If twilight aims a beam at pinkie far away,she could use her pinkie sense to dodge it.And who knows? pinkie could have strong magic as an allicorn.

Yeah, magic she cant even control will be great *facehoof* now they will feel an even greater nuclear blast then we have had in life...

I've seen a good amount of discussion on this topic. While the two characters are certainly excellent foes, I think one of them is a decisive victor.

Let's break the characters down.

Pinkie's powers vs. the fourth wall are rather impressive, if only used for comedic effect. She's a fast pony, and with her Pinkie Sense, she can dodge attacks easily. She also has quite a bit of stamina, though it's not limitless. And her alteration of physics is somewhat intimidating, no?

Twilight is an amazingly powerful unicorn, capable of bending physics to her will. She's been shown to be able to stop Rainbow Dash mid-flight, and her horn laser is quite powerful; I'd say it's on the same level as the party cannon. She also has good physical stamina, being able to carry Tom around as long as she had.

So these two seems rather evenly matched, no? Limited control over physics/fourth wall breaking on both sides, equally powerful attacks. Pinkie admittedly has more stamina.

But the victor here is Twilight Sparkle.

The decision is simple, really. Planning. Twilight Sparkle's a master of analysis; having known Pinkie so long, she knows exactly what the mare is capable of and would be able to plan accordingly. Pinkie, on the other hoof, hasn't seen the most prodigious feats that Twi has accomplished, and wouldn't know how to analyze Twilight.

If somehow she was outmaneuvered, Twilight could call on their bond of friendship. Pinkie's bond with her friends is amazingly strong. Even if she was attempting to kill Twi, it would still give her pause, leaving an opening for Twilight to strike.

Sorry, Pinkie, but you can't just plonk around in combat.

Pinkie pie would win, if they were both alicorns, then pinkie has magic, flying, AND her pinkie pie abilities, while twilight only has magic and flying. Sure twilight has better magic, but pinkie would jump over her laser beams or whatever Twilight throws at her.

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie pie would win, if they were both alicorns, then pinkie has magic, flying, AND her pinkie pie abilities, while twilight only has magic and flying. Sure twilight has better magic, but pinkie would jump over her laser beams or whatever Twilight throws at her.

Pinkie cant fly her wings and would most likely crash leaving twilight a chance... Pinkies magic would be instable and not work directly thus making it worthless, her abilities are equal to twilights third dimension magic or do you mean pinkie sense... Because that one does NOT work on magic.

Twilight's magic may be overpowered, and probably is now more than ever really, however I think that with her speed and Senses, Pinkie could avoid pretty much everything Twilight threw at her. Plus, Twilight is the type who relies on planning and strategizing, and that's great, but you can't plan for Pinkie Pie and Twilight would just hurt herself trying to.

My money's on Pinkie

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie cant fly her wings and would most likely crash leaving twilight a chance... Pinkies magic would be instable and not work directly thus making it worthless, her abilities are equal to twilights third dimension magic or do you mean pinkie sense... Because that one does NOT work on magic.

Well both of them really wouldnt know how to fly :P and I think unstable magic would cause a nuclear explosion or something -_-

And I didnt mean pinkie sense, I meant her ability to defy all logic.

I think that with her speed and Senses, Pinkie could avoid pretty much everything Twilight threw at her. 

You can't exactly dodge Twilight's levitation; we've seen that with Rainbow Dash. Twi was able to pluck her out of the air, she could do the same with Pinkie.

Hello I am here.

Okay for those who havn't seen me in other vs post I always over analyze things. Now then I don't know how this vs post got past me but I found it. Anyway I am goin to do an analysis. I am going to analyze both characters strengths and weaknesses. After that I am going to declare a winner.

Note:

Keep in mind that the winner I post is based on my analysis. I will try to leave no stone unturned. Should this happen you can comment on it.

Rules

•Combatants have knowledge of each other if they live in the same universe. Their knowledge is limited in what they know or believe

•No outside help

•No fan-fic info

•If combatants use weapons then they can use them in this fight

•Battle must end, this means no escaping and returning latter.

•Any noticeable personalities will be implemented

•Now not sure if people want death or not. Either way I feel the result would be the same if it was only to knock out. This is for those who don't want death, but for those who do the result in my opinion would be the same.

Note:

I am using only conon information. No fan-fic info allowed. Also since Alicorn Twilight's abilities probably won't be shown until season 4 I will be using the most well known unicorn Twilight.

Now let's get started.

Twilight Sparkle

Strengths/Abilities:

•as a unicorn she has magical Abilites. Normally this would mean her magic is limited, however since her special talent is magic itself, her magical capabilities seem unlimited.

•she is exceptional in the arts of

magic. She can levitate objects (and herself if she needs to stop from falling) and transform objects to other things. Her levetation spell can also catch characters like Rainbow Dash when she is in midair, who i should mention is very fast. She can also fire a concussive blast from her horn strong enough to break rocks. She also had limited capabilities in dark magic as well. She has a crap ton of load of spells as well, but it is impossible to tell the limits of Twilight's powers.

•she is capable of teleporting short distances easily and is possible to teleport long distances as well

•she can also create a force field capable of being large enough to cover her home. BUT it is impossible to determine the strength of this force field.

•Twilight is durable and can handle the pressure of heavy objects. In the episode "Boast Busters" Twilight carried a water tower and an Ursa Minor, both objects that where heavy. Now notice in the scenes with her that she is tiring and the ground bellow her is sinking. According to physics this means that a force is pushing down on her. Notice that even with this force pushing down on her, her body is not collapsing. The means according to Physics that Twilight must be able to the pressure of an objects that she is carrying. This  means that her body can handle the pressure of heavy objects which gives her great durability.

•She seems to have a nack for copying spells she has seen others do. However she is limited by her own abilities. If she isn't trained to handle the spell or strong enough she may not be able to fully copy a spell she has seen.

•she is the most intelligent of the mane six. This is due to her time reading everything she can get her hands on. This has helped her solve numerous problems in the past and has helped her get out of tough situations. 

•She is the strategist of the mane six and their groups leader. She knows her freinds well and is always able to place them strategically on a mission.

Weaknesses:

•Unicorn magic requires concentration and effort, as Twilight explains to Spike in "Feeling Pinkie Keen", and in "Lesson Zero" she says she needs a line of sight to undo the spell. This means that if Twilight can't see her target or can't concentrate she won't be able to land a hit in her target.

•Twilight's magic isn't unlimited. Prolonged use of magic will eventually wear her out. In "Magic Duel" during her confrontation with Trixe, Twilight is clearly tiring out after using several spells in an instant. Also in "Crystal Empire" princess Cadence is clearly shown to be exhausted from prolonged use of magic so that means this law applies to every magic user (even Alicorns). In other words if the battle is going on for to long, or most of her spells aren't getting through, then she will eventually wear herself out.

•Her over reliance on her books have led in the past to not being able to handle a situation properly. 

•As talented as she is most of her spells misfire or fail. There have been numerous occasion when her spell fails or misfires. Such as the come to life spell in "winter wrap up".

•Most of Twilight's magical abilities are gag and non-combat related. She  isn't training to fight and thus she doesn't have a lot of combat spells.

Pinkie Pie

Strengths/ Abilities:

•Pinkie Pie appears to have photographic memory, most notably the ability to remember anything about a person. She will remember what each person will be capable of.

•Pinkie Pie appears to be able manipulate her body. She can twist her neck, inflate herself, squeeze into tight spaces, stretch her neck, etc.

•Pinkie pie is able to break the fourth wall, a force which allowed us the viewer to be separated from the world we are viewing.

•Pinkie can pull items from anywhere for almost any occasion.

•She wields the party canon, a device primarily used for parties. However she did use it in the "Canterlot Weeding" to fight of changelings, so thus  the canon can be used for combat.

•She also has a gift for chasing and perusing people. In every event where she was chasing someone they never could escape. Whether this is from speed or teleportation is unknown.

•She also has the "Pinkie Sense". This warns her of danger and what kind of danger she may face, but it also does something more then act as a alarm. It gives her omnipresent detection of her surroundings. This is how in the episode  "Mysterious Mare Do-Well" she was able to tell where the debris was going to fall and was able to act accordingly without looking.

Weaknesses:

•she isn't the most serious of the mane six. Even when the fate of Equestria is in their hands, she tends to good of or not take things as serious.

•most of the inventory she has in her disposale isn't deadly and seems to mostly be useful for causing blunt damages.

•while the "Pinkie Sense" warns her of danger it is up to Pinkie to react accordingly. If she does not move or react fast enough she can be hit or be put in danger. This was apparent after she was frozen in fear at the sight of a Hydra, where she clearly saw the danger, but couldn't react accordingly.

Analisis

This is very tough. Twilight and Pinkie Pie both have capabilities that will allow them to put up a good fight. But in the end Twilight has the advantage. Sure she has powerful spells and can overpower Pinkie Pie, but that's not the only reason. See there is a reason Twilight is the leader. Not for strenght or speed, but for strategy. Twilight understands the strengths and weaknesses of her freinds, so he knows what Pinkie Pie is capable of. She knows Pinkie's strengths and weaknesses and would come up with counter measures. She will come up with a plan to hurt Pinkie while avoiding her attacks as well. She would eventually find a opportunity to finish Pinkie off. Not to mention Twilight has a projectile advantage so she could probably fight Pinkie from a safe distance and wear her down.

Now I know what your thinking about Pinkie so I'm going to break it down piece by piece

"But what about the Pinkie Sense"

Well here is the problem. While the "Pinkie Sense" warns her of danger, it is up to Pinkie to react accordingly. If she can't move fast enough or she is cought in a trap and can't move from it, then she can be hurt.

"But what about her breaking the fourth wall"

What about it? You are assuming that she can pull the same stunts such as Discord, but thats not the case. She may be able to break the fourth wall, but she hasn't done any significant or large impacts with this ability. Plus if she could use this as a weapon, then why didn't she do it when Equestia was in danger.

Plus Twilight kinda broke the fourth wall in the end of the episode "Magic Dual" so there is that to consider.

"Pinka Mina Diane Pie"

Only reason I am mentioning this is because it was brought up when I was discussin this with someone else. Okay this twisted form is a fan-fic creation. It's not official and thus cannot be used in this battle. Why? Because if you are going to use fan-fic ideas for Pinkie then the same would have to be done for Twilight to make things fair. In the episode "Party of One" when she was with her friends all it showed was that she was both mad and sad. She only seemed to have lost it when she was talking to inadimate objects. It had no indication that she became a homicidal killer.

Twilight is a strategist and has more advantages. She can teleport and create force fields to keep her safe. She has projectile advantages and is more disciplined, and in a battle this will help a lot. Plus he also has good durability. While Pinkie may put up a fight her personality may blind her from making good decisions in the fight. She wasn't all that serious when fighting changelings so there is proof that she can get distracted. Even if she where to get serious she dosn't have much experience in fighting or making plans so this will leave her in a disadvantage. Twilight knows Pinkie's abilities and would have plans to beat her and counter her attacks.

Pinkie won't be partying for a while.

Winner

Twilight Sparkle