Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Logic and reason vs. insanity and randomness.

alicorn_twilight_by_tsurime-d5moh7g.jpg

Twilight Sparkle, the element of magic and the prized pupil of Princess Celestia herself. one of the four princesses of Equestria.

168239+-+Alicorn+artist+docwario+gummy+p

And...  Pinkie Pie, I think that's all I need to introduce her with... SHE'S NOW AN ALICORN TOO!!!!! E21.png

Who would win in a battle to the death with no outside help, and no mercy?

Twilight

It is unknown how many spells Twilight has learned, but among them are teleportation, firing dangerous beams, levitating extremely heavy objects, transforming objects or ponies into other things, granting temporary wings, creating giant impenetrable barriers, and gravity spells.

She has been shown to have an extreme case of OCD, unable to resist fixing even the smallest issues and overreacting to the slightest problems.

AND NOW SHE CAN FLY AND SHE HAS EARTH PONY STAMINA!!!!111one

Pinkie Pie

Pinkie has above average physical strength, but that's completely overshadowed by her other personal powers. She has access to hammerspace, where she keeps random things such as her party cannon.

The party cannon is a cannon about the size of a pony with a fuse that just needs to be pushed to fire, rather than lit. When it explodes, it shoots out, well, a party. This includes confetti, streamers, food, decorations, and pretty much everything else needed to make a party. 

She can also defy all logic and reason, such as randomly having six hooves or shooting into the air like a rocket.

In addition, Pinkie also has her Pinkie Sense, which is a type of sixth sense that warns her of danger. It is composed of several seemingly random twitches and movements that Pinkie cannot control. For example, when her tail twitches, it means that something is going to fall very soon.

However, while Pinkie may have all of these advantages, she still has her problems. She often completely misses the point and is easily distracted, making it hard for her to focus on important things. She also usually fails to know when the situation is truly dangerous.

Edited by Zalgo

It's a close one, but I believe Pinkie would win overall by a small margin. Her ability to defy the laws of physics and reality is invaluable against Twilight's magic, which works by altering reality and physics, her hyperactivity can sustain her for a long time and gives her brilliant morale, and she can even predict Twilight's attacks to an extent and prepare accordingly.

• Brohoof 5

It's a close one, but I believe Pinkie would win overall by a small margin. Her ability to defy the laws of physics and reality is invaluable against Twilight's magic, which works by altering reality and physics, her hyperactivity can sustain her for a long time and gives her brilliant morale, and she can even predict Twilight's attacks to an extent and prepare accordingly.

Agreed. While Twilight may be the master of magic, Pinkie Pie can break the laws of physics (not to mention the fourth wall), and has her Pinkie Sense, so she'd always be a step ahead.

• Brohoof 3

IT'S TIME FOR A DEATH BATTLLLEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Death-battle.jpg

Honestly, I'm going to throw my lot in for Twilight Sparkle. Her magic can get kind of ridiculous.

Edited by Eljordo
  • Brohoof 4

This one is a hard one to vote for but, I think Twilight has this one in the bag, because of her experience in magic and for the fact that she is Princess Celestia's pupil. But, when it comes to pinkie sense, defying the laws of physics, and throwing awesome parties with a good attitude, Pinkie Pie has that category locked up completely. Cross my heart, hope to fly, and stick a cupcake in my eye. :P

Twilight's magic powers are formidable, but I believe she would meet her match in Pinkie. The pink menace can move faster than the naked eye, hide and attack from anywhere, conjure up an arsenal of party cannons from nowhere, and generally break any and all laws of physics if she damn well pleases. Twilight's tendency to go by the book and fall apart when things don't go according to plan gives Pinkie a decisive mental edge.

And she still has unfinished business with Twi and her cold-blooded Pinkie-limination in Too Many Pinkie Pies. It's payback time. With extra frosting.

EDIT: Your badass fanart of Twilight vs. a generic vector of Pinkie leaves much to be desired. Allow me to even things up!

po219.jpg

Much better.

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 5

I think people overestimate Pinkie's fourth wall abilities, to be honest. Pinkie's abilities are all placed specifically for comedic effect, which is what ends up making them stick out and thus seem pretty intense. Her 'powers' aren't the same as say, Discord, who more or less does the same sort of chaos, but does it free of any comedic restraints. Since this battle would be serious, I'm thinking it's Pinkie who would be at the disadvantage. Twilight is a prodigy with ass-tons of magic of all varieties, and I don't think an earth pony can stand up to that, even if they do have some cartoon antic powers on their side.

• Brohoof 5

Hmm... I'd say pinkie. Not for the fact that she breaks all logic but because she would get distracted and K.O herself. And pinkie would just go on to follow a butterfly or something like that. Either that or pinkie would make everything messy leaving twilight to clean up the mess involuntarily and then letting pinkie K.O her.

Edited by Mellow
  • Brohoof 2

Ha. An understanding of the laws of physics isn't gonna help much when your opponent disregards those laws outright. Cup goes to Pinkie Pie, easily.

• Brohoof 3

I think this thread should have a poll.

I'm going to throw my support to twilight. I think that here greater ability to concentrate would allow her to distract pinkie and secure victory. Plus magic duel shows us that twilight also can use her magic to break the fourth wall in at least some situations.

Pinkie Pie can break the laws of physics and bend reality, but that's not saying much when you're in a world where magic not only exists, it's everywhere. Twilight Sparkle can break physics, too. She just does it with finer control, greater skill, and better knowledge.

• Brohoof 2

Pinkie. Twilight Sparkle would do well for a long time, but she simply does not have the attrition of Pinkie Pie.

The whole "Pinkie breaking the fourth wall" thing is far too overplayed and is essentially a non factor, but in show she is shown having high amounts of stamina, assuming that Applejack and Fluttershy's homes are far from town center, whereas Twilight has the problem of exhaustion from spell casting and is not physically fit. She is also strong and can stand her ground very well; Rainbow Dash is one of the most athletic ponies in town and had large amounts of difficulty dragging her out of her house in Party Of One

Mentally, Twilight Sparkle is also going to have less fortitude than Pinkie Pie. I think if she had to, Pinkie would kill. Twilight would not. She'd hesitate.

A side note though; order vs chaos, eh? Pinkie and Twilight are characters that, in my mind, are not so different at heart.

• Brohoof 2

Well... Sadly but true pinkie would lose theres no way for her to break the laws of psychic while shes already in the psychics she manipulate em outside it leaving a pocket dimension open for that to happen she must be away from view also her super speed is also a sort of altering in the time space where she edits herself to move at triple the time making her go faster most likely.

Twilight.

...Oh, you mean in a death battle?
Pinkie, then. While Twilight is professionally trained, the element of Magic, clever and crafty, and knows a highly indeterminate number of spells, Pinkie is a reality warper, even if that's played for laughs. Twilight could nuke her, but all that would likely happen is she'd be singed a bit and cough up smoke. She could rapid-fire spells at her, like (ironically) Pinkie did in A Canterlot Wedding, but either she'd dodge at the speed of light or she'd just quickly move her tummy out of the way.

Not to mention she's got hammerspace and an absolutely ferocious little alligator. Equestria doesn't stand a chance.

• Brohoof 1

Are you kidding me? Pinkie would absolutely walk this thing. Here are her options:

- She's actually faster than Rainbow Dash (Party of One) so not only can she expertly dodge any spells Twilight throws at her, but she can just run whirlwinds around Twilight and blast her away;

- Her party cannon is a one-shot kill as was proven by the shot during the Changeling battle;

- She can use her pinkie physics to float out of reach, and then dive bomb;

- If Pinkie laughs at her foes they instantly vanish. Your move, Twilight.

• Brohoof 2

I think if this fight were to happen it would be very close because both have there own special skills. It would be a well matched fight but I think in the end, twilight sparkle would have it. Twilight sparkle is the perfect shining example of the mastery of magic!

Are you kidding me? Pinkie would absolutely walk this thing. Here are her options:

- She's actually faster than Rainbow Dash (Party of One) so not only can she expertly dodge any spells Twilight throws at her, but she can just run whirlwinds around Twilight and blast her away;

- Her party cannon is a one-shot kill as was proven by the shot during the Changeling battle;

- She can use her pinkie physics to float out of reach, and then dive bomb;

- If Pinkie laughs at her foes they instantly vanish. Your move, Twilight.

Well dear flipturn i must prove you wrong shes not faster than rainbowdash its an altering  effect that stands out from public that equestria most likely is a gigantic flying island or just australia while also pinkie travels 3.1 m/s upwards she must travel 4.2 m/s downwards while rainbowdash flies in 4.5 m/s in the episode luring her there most likely not running luring second thing shield pinkie psychics just use levitation.. problem solves, that only works on evil foes you rarity.

now to reason why twilght wins:

-Levitational magic simple levitation theres alot of different and proved by her she can hurt the levitated ponies by crushing em

-bubble shield Do i really need to explain this its indestructible not even pinkie can break it

-dark force well she may be weak in it but she can still use it

-LAZER BEAMS proved that her lazer beam moves at 3.5 m/s pinkie would not get to react to a bullet barrage of em.

-Being an unicorn grants her an outsmarting abbility to her side

- thus being the element of magic her magical skills are greatly improved but strains her more.

-well simple shes Twilight Sparkle.

Well dear flipturn i must prove you wrong shes not faster than rainbowdash its an altering  effect that stands out from public that equestria most likely is a gigantic flying island or just australia while also pinkie travels 3.1 m/s upwards she must travel 4.2 m/s downwards while rainbowdash flies in 4.5 m/s in the episode luring her there most likely not running luring second thing shield pinkie psychics just use levitation.. problem solves, that only works on evil foes you rarity.

now to reason why twilght wins:

-Levitational magic simple levitation theres alot of different and proved by her she can hurt the levitated ponies by crushing em

-bubble shield Do i really need to explain this its indestructible not even pinkie can break it

-dark force well she may be weak in it but she can still use it

-LAZER BEAMS proved that her lazer beam moves at 3.5 m/s pinkie would not get to react to a bullet barrage of em.

-Being an unicorn grants her an outsmarting abbility to her side

- thus being the element of magic her magical skills are greatly improved but strains her more.

-well simple shes Twilight Sparkle.

- Pinkie can already levitate, so levitation spells cast on her are pretty pointless;

- There's no proof that her bubble shield was indestructible

- There's also no proof that her beam goes at 3.5m/s, and even then Pinkie is able to jump up to 10 metres high to avoid them (Too Many Pinkie Pies)

- Twilight could never use dark force in a fight without earning an evil glare from Celestia, which she'd never risk doing

- She may be the best at magic, but that doesn't equate to being the best at duels

- Well simple, she's against Pinkie n.n

You know, I just realized something. Pinkie does have 4th wall breaking abilities.. But actually I think maybe Twilight has some herself!

Remember at the end of "Magic duel"? When Pinkie still had lost her mouth and Twilight teleports into the blank screen to give her her mouth back?

Would that be considered 4th wall breaking?

Anyways, I don't think that Pinkies 4th wall breaking would serve her as well as you'd think, I honestly think with all the things Twilight's capable of she could pull of a win pretty good.

Who knows exactly how strong Twilight really is? So much of her potential has probably never been touched.

- Pinkie can already levitate, so levitation spells cast on her are pretty pointless;

- There's no proof that her bubble shield was indestructible

- There's also no proof that her beam goes at 3.5m/s, and even then Pinkie is able to jump up to 10 metres high to avoid them (Too Many Pinkie Pies)

- Twilight could never use dark force in a fight without earning an evil glare from Celestia, which she'd never risk doing

- She may be the best at magic, but that doesn't equate to being the best at duels

- Well simple, she's against Pinkie n.n

Levitation works like this 'you work out from the downside force making it up force which temporarily seals you in the air' if pinkie break that law of psychic she would never be born becuz of the time lapse it happens in  that would make an instant k.o. Twilights levitation is working with this psychic rule to maintain control of the opposite force not breaking it

Second there is also pinkie cant jump that higher she jumps 9.8 most likely which rounds out to 10 also that breaks another important law of psychic the law of inverted gravity i think it was.

Dark force... you know she used it free willingly to save the crystal ponies.

Best at magic and illusions the type here is not the best at duel tho its the one who is the most skilled.

Pinkie cannot do any harm to her at all.

Why does everyone say Twilight?

Pinkie Pie is obvioulsy the answer, OP answer'd it for me, and even explained it.

Pinkie, she'd win, she must, she will...

• Brohoof 2

Levitation works like this 'you work out from the downside force making it up force which temporarily seals you in the air' if pinkie break that law of psychic she would never be born becuz of the time lapse it happens in  that would make an instant k.o. Twilights levitation is working with this psychic rule to maintain control of the opposite force not breaking it

No offence, but this is the most incomprehensible sentence I've ever read on this forum. Come back once you can make your case for levitation... effectively. :\

As for the other points - Twilight only used dark magic because it was either that or the Crystal Empire falling. Even if she did want to ruin her reputation by using dark magic in a simple duel, Pinkie's Pinkie sense would foresee it being cast and dodge it - it's a guarantee when combined with her already lightning speed.

Oh, and 9.8 is the acceleration in which something with neutral air resistance falls to Earth. Not maximum jump height. The town hall is measured to be above ten metres in height up to the ceiling considering a pony to be one metre in height.

And if that isn't enough, her party cannon is a one-shot kill against Changelings. So it only needs four or five to take down Twilight.

Submit to the superior foe, the amazing Pinkie!

• Brohoof 2