Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it weird?

Champion RD92

Not weird at all, man. I've been attracted to Rainbow Dash since the beginning. Not just her, either. I've been crushing on cartoon characters since I was a kid, so it's nothing I haven't seen before.

And I admire your honesty, Champ. xD

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 2

No it's not weird at all.

Life is short, as long as you aren't hurting anyone and you are doing or feeling what makes you feel fulfilled, then more power to you friend! I like to live by SoCo's creed:

img-1078482-1-souther+comfort+product+sh

I'll level with you, RD92, I'm in the same boat, with Vinyl Scratch. The more I think about it, the more I am realizing that I feel that same level of attraction to Vinyl that you feel to Rainbow Dash. When I was making my...suggestive vector of her, I had a bit of a Pygmalion-moment.

Comparing real horses to MLP Ponies is like comparing apples and oranges. People who say it is sick or bestiality have no idea what they are talking about. MLP Ponies are psychologically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually HUMAN, and their pony physical features are already anthropomorphized as it is (big eyes, curvy bodies, etc). They are pretty much 100% human on the inside, and 50% human on the outside. (I could break this down even further, but I don't have the time).

(Yes, I am also attracted to RD, in fact she is still best pony in my opinion, tied with Vinyl. But I view her more as an idol/hero/inspirational figure than a love interest. I wouldn't feel worthy to be her special somepony.)

Edited by StratoPegasus
  • Brohoof 1

Frankly, yes, I do think it's weird. It's a cartoon character, after all. But that is not necessarily bad. You know, whatever you're into, you're into it and that's that. You could just go around denying it to yourself, but that wouldn't be right either. I know that it sounds patronizing, but I think it's something you will "grow out of". When you find that person in real life who is right for you (she might even share some of the traits that RD has, which might be part of the reason why you like her, and that's okay too) you won't need RD anymore. For now, though, it's something that you can gain benefit from.

Just for the record, I'm a strong fan of Rarity. She has a lot of traits that I would admire in a real-life girl, which might make her attractive to me. But I don't have romantic feelings for her, because she is a cartoon character.

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 1

The fact that I like Skrillex is weird

I LOVE Skrillex :D

Is it weird to be attracted to a character in MLP?

I don't thinks so.. I mean, ponies are close to humans so... as long as you don't go out and fall in love with a real horse (which you said you wouldn't so, yeah). I think you should try to find someone who is a human that has a personality like Rainbow Dash if you like her that much.. But till then it's fine to be attracted to a character! I like guys on anime and that's not a problem (im a girl so yeah) ! 
  • Brohoof 1

Is it weird to be attracted to a character in MLP?

My non-brony friend said it's gross that I'm attracted to Rainbow Dash. He was like "It's a horse!!!"

And then I got into this argument with him about how she's not really a horse, but whatever.

Is it weird or gross that I am attracted to Rainbow Dash? 

It is by no means weird, to call somebody weird for an attraction to a fictional character would be absurd. It is only through fiction that we are capable of finding the ideals that are impossible to express in reality. Also I love Dashie too <3 so I totally get it

• Brohoof 1

Frankly, yes, I do think it's weird. It's a cartoon character, after all. But that is not necessarily bad. You know, whatever you're into, you're into it and that's that. You could just go around denying it to yourself, but that wouldn't be right either. I know that it sounds patronizing, but I think it's something you will "grow out of". When you find that person in real life who is right for you (she might even share some of the traits that RD has, which might be part of the reason why you like her, and that's okay too) you won't need RD anymore. For now, though, it's something that you can gain benefit from.

Just for the record, I'm a strong fan of Rarity. She has a lot of traits that I would admire in a real-life girl, which might make her attractive to me. But I don't have romantic feelings for her, because she is a cartoon character.

Ironically, I actually am not attracted to a lot of the traits Rainbow Dash has. I am not usually fond of arrogant, cocky people.

Also, I used to have a much bigger crush on her in the past. I have mostly grown out of it by this point. I still find her attractive though.

Eh, we all have our kinks, best to just except it and get on with your life, no matter what anyone else thinks. I've seen far stranger things anyway. As several people have already mentioned, the ponies have a lot of human characteristics, and I don't see why there's really anything wrong with being attracted to them.

• Brohoof 1

I clop all the time, sure, it's weird to other people, but do I care? No. It's what I want to do, and if some people can't accept that, some people can never talk to me, ever.

• Brohoof 1

Lots of great replies in this thread! But I'll tell you what's weird: questioning things that make you happy. Don't worry about what judgmental people say. Maybe take a moment to ask yourself why they might care so much? But no more than a moment, because it's probably not important.

To paraphrase one of the greatest rock bands in the history of history:

You don't need to fight to prove you're right

You don't need to be forgiven

Edited by decoherence
  • Brohoof 1

It depends...on the persons opinion... and such

If your an R34 artest or something like that... I'd imagin it's not weard...

If your a cloper... Then it's weard... Or not... Or... IM CONFUSED NOW!

Idk... It all depends on the person and the other person... (did I say that right)

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash, as well as most of the other characters on the show, are designed to be pleasing to watch; they're colorful, have big eyes, possess many anthropomorphic features, etc. Similarly, the characters' personalities are designed to be engaging, relatable, etc. Furthermore, since we've seen these characters in many episodes, we have gotten to know them fairly well. Therefore, it is perfectly understandable to find Rainbow Dash or other characters cute and entertaining to watch as well as have a certain investment in them. For me, the characters' being cute and entertaining doesn't cross the line into sexual attraction, but for others, it does.

It can be interesting to ponder why people have such diverse sexual preferences (including for non-human cartoon characters). On the surface, many people's sexual preferences could be accused of being pointless, unnatural, etc. since after all, any such preferences should evolutionarily speaking lead to procreation and ensuring the survival of our genes, right? However, I don't know that we have a full understanding of sexual attraction (in all of its forms) and its causes. How much are one's sexual preferences influenced by genes, psychological disposition, prior life experiences, present circumstances, etc.? We may not necessarily have good evolutionary or other explanations for one's sexual preferences right now, but that doesn't mean that we won't find any in the future.

In short, many people's specific sexual preferences could be said to be "weird" in the sense that they are infrequent in the general population or not well-understood right now, but that doesn't make them wrong.

• Brohoof 2

Besides, also adding on, whether or not the fact that you are attracted to Rainbow Dash is weird or not is an opinion, not fact. So people, don't go ballistic if somebody posts in this thread thinking it's weird :U

• Brohoof 1

No, it's not weird. Alot of people have had fictional crushes, including me. I also have a huge crush on Rainbow, which I've learned to control before I do anything stupid.

Just don't let it get out of control, to the point where it becomes dangerously huge. That happened to me, and I thought about suicide just for that minute chance I might wake up in Equestria with her. Of course now I know that was just stupid, but then I had been reading so many HiE's my mind wasn't really... there. And my life then wasn't really the best, so... :/

Don't worry about what other people think about you. You're completely normal.

• Brohoof 1

As long as you aren't attracted to non sapient equines or underage sapient MLP FIM Ponies I have no problem with you.

I'm attracted to Rainbow Dash myself.

What?! She's sapient, so thus can think like a Human.

Would you turn down some sapient alien girl that liked you because she's not Human or Humanoid looking? 

----- 

Man, would I be lucky if Rainbow Dash liked a nerd like me. XD 

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 1

As long as you aren't attracted to non sapient equines or underage sapient MLP FIM Ponies I have no problem with you.

Nope, I am definitely not attracted to non sapient equines.

I'm not attracted to underage sapient MLP FIM ponies either. 

eeyup.

Besides, also adding on, whether or not the fact that you are attracted to Rainbow Dash is weird or not is an opinion, not fact. So people, don't go ballistic if somebody posts in this thread thinking it's weird :U

Yeah, I think you shouldn't really be surprised or offended if other people don't understand your sexual preferences or personally find them unappealing or even claim that they are uncommon in the general population (although such a claim could be difficult to back up). It would be a problem if other people assert that your sexual preferences are morally wrong or baselessly imply that they are indicative of mental illness or social maladjustment. Unfortunately, when some people call your sexual preferences weird, unnatural, etc., it can be hard to tell whether they are inappropriately implying moral wrongness, mental illness, or social maladjustment.

• Brohoof 1

To me, it's so fine to have a crush on a cartoon character. I mean like half of my childhood crush's were cartoon character or anime characters.

Usually people have crush's on cartoon characters because we want them to be real in the human world. But because they can't be real, they like them in the show instead. 

But anyways, it's fine to like someone who is not real, I mean I have done it a dozen times at least. And look at me, I'm fine. :)

Edited by Galex Dj
  • Brohoof 1

No, not at all. I'm kind of in the same situation as you on that one but more towards Rarity and Twilight.

I don't think it's weird anyways. And there are much stranger things on the internet anyways.

y6zB1.jpg

I for one strongly advocate doing whatever you want. It doesn't matter. I read saucy things and no one bugs me about it. Like I said above, the internet has much stranger things everywhere. 

• Brohoof 3

Absolutely not. If you were attracted to like a real life horse that would be weird.

It's not weird to be attracted to a MLP character because they're basically the same as us with pony bodies. They have will, emotions, consciences, personalities, etc. Even if they have the body of an animal, they act as if they're human. I'm attracted to Fluttershy because of her personality and characteristics. and not to mention she's damn beautiful. ;)

• Brohoof 2

It's not weird, it's more normal than to be attracted to humans as for now imo. But it sure may cause a lot of trouble in the world that we're living in. We're on the more or less exactly same boat. Unfortunately it has it's sweet as well as bitter side ( as for the crush itself ) :/  Although being physically attracted may be a bit weird. I mean if we're suppose to be attracted to humans, then what's more humanlike than human... Nevertheless this aspect also applies to me.

• Brohoof 1

Not weird. No such thing as normal anyway, so everyone's weird. For the most part, you decide what's weird or not. Anyone who calls you weird is essentially saying; "You like things that i don't, those things are weird!"

• Brohoof 2

The very definition most people have of "weird" is weird. As the previous post stated already, mostly people think about everything that they didn't encounter before it is weird. More close-minded people say that about everything that isn't common in their environment, they call other cultures weird. And some may even call everything weird they don't agree with personally.

So no.

I for one take things that are not natural as guideline to define weird. Most things that seem unnatural at first are actually easily explainable by logic and as thus not weird.

You attraction to a character - caused by whatever you want - is not weird simply because how humans work. You could call everyone who loves a character, even if it's a human like Harry Potter (as example) weird because they love a ficitional character and will never find someone like that.

So? Anyone calling that weird? I never saw that.

Point is basically - do what you want, just leave others out of it if they don't want to be involved - and it's not going to get you into trouble while you always can say to yourself: "It's not weird."

Anyone who still annoys you is just intolerant and they should rather focus their strength on becoming a better person than trying to convince you that you are weird.

• Brohoof 1