Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

starting to question Lyra and Bon Bon

Rainbow    Dash

I sniffed around the internet after watching some fan made mlp stuff when i started to question the situation with Lyra and Bon Bon. Now i know in the show they are background ponies who are living together. The one thing that always stood out was they always sat together in a way that only couples would. i know that sounds like a stupid reason but there are other things that stand out. Just a note im talking about the fan made Lyra and Bon Bon and not what the show has showed in its descriptions.

Well, Lyra and Bon Bon, in fanon are in a relationship, how serious is up to everyone else.  The canon lyra and bon bon are just two background ponies, and there is no real proof they live together.

• Brohoof 1

im not certain they are even friends, they just happen to be side by side because their color schemes compliment each other. you can speculate that they're friends, based on one scene when they seem to be on a lunch date in the background, but thats one of the few clues that they have any connection to each out. 

we like to pretend though, since they look so cute together. 

I see them as friends but don't bother that in fanon there a couple, find it interesting though. But that's just my opinion.

Gotta say its interesting that the fandom took two ponies who are seen with each other by coincidence to be friends or an item. Gotta love the fandom.

Depends on who you ask and how much of it you like. Lyra and Bon Bon are traditionally shipped together by the fandom, meaning there is actual romantic stuff going on. However, many Bronies just take it as them being really good friends. A lot of artwork, though, will have them shipped, so be warned. 

They're probably among the most famous shipping in the fandom, since a lot of people seem totally ok with them. Also, unlike other ships, Lyra and Bon Bon are portrayed more as a casual relationship to best friends. Very rarely do I see a very "saucy" or scandalous Lyra x Bon Bon thing.

<side note> Lyra is also famous for being fascinated by humans (she sat like a human on a park bench in the show), And Bon Bon for her many voices (on the show, at least). <side note>

So, what are Lyra and Bon Bon? Basically, whatever you want them to be. If you aren't comfortable with Homosexuality, then just imagine them as friends (and watch out for the mane 6 ships, they tend to be more... you know...) If, however, your brain doesn't care (like me), just let them be whatever you feel like them being. 

For the record, I put their cottages next to each other in the MLP game, so there.

Why the hay did I write this thing, anyway? I'm pretty sure everypony in this thread knows all this stuff...

• Brohoof 1

Depends on who you ask and how much of it you like. Lyra and Bon Bon are traditionally shipped together by the fandom, meaning there is actual romantic stuff going on. However, many Bronies just take it as them being really good friends. A lot of artwork, though, will have them shipped, so be warned. 

They're probably among the most famous shipping in the fandom, since a lot of people seem totally ok with them. Also, unlike other ships, Lyra and Bon Bon are portrayed more as a casual relationship to best friends. Very rarely do I see a very "saucy" or scandalous Lyra x Bon Bon thing.

<side note> Lyra is also famous for being fascinated by humans (she sat like a human on a park bench in the show), And Bon Bon for her many voices (on the show, at least). <side note>

So, what are Lyra and Bon Bon? Basically, whatever you want them to be. If you aren't comfortable with Homosexuality, then just imagine them as friends (and watch out for the mane 6 ships, they tend to be more... you know...) If, however, your brain doesn't care (like me), just let them be whatever you feel like them being. 

For the record, I put their cottages next to each other in the MLP game, so there.

Why the hay did I write this thing, anyway? I'm pretty sure everypony in this thread knows all this stuff...

call me slow or whatever but i am just now realizing all this. I was so focused on the uber-cuteness of the pairing that i saw nothing else until i had a little alone time(not that kind,get your mind outta the gutters) and started looking at this in different perspectives. as for the pony game you mentioned i'm guessig your the creator of the game that is destined to be great(again,just peicing things together). For the record i dont mean for this topic to come off as homophobic as i dont care about sexuality and preferences and whatnot. Although i think it would be a cool move for the show to incorporate the fanon a little.

call me slow or whatever but i am just now realizing all this. I was so focused on the uber-cuteness of the pairing that i saw nothing else until i had a little alone time(not that kind,get your mind outta the gutters) and started looking at this in different perspectives. as for the pony game you mentioned i'm guessig your the creator of the game that is destined to be great(again,just peicing things together). For the record i dont mean for this topic to come off as homophobic as i dont care about sexuality and preferences and whatnot. Although i think it would be a cool move for the show to incorporate the fanon a little.

First off, the pony game I mentioned is the Gameloft one for idevices and Android, but I'm flattered that you think i'd be a developer for a game :P

Also, the show incorporates a bit of fanon in it. Not enough to be be excessive, but enough for bronies to say "yay." (ie "Alicorn Amulet?" Alicorn was a fan word that was never used on the show before that episode, among other examples)

PLUS (you're gonna find this awesome) In this official MLP poster

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-S6VcoYziwks/TicMw3e3pkI/AAAAAAAAArQ/vb2YJ89hxBA/s1600/ponyposter.jpg

and this one

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vFaiLliYtL4/T5cBoJqJkII/AAAAAAAAnRM/cXH30704evQ/s640/mlp_fim_s2_character_cluster_fun_by_blue_paint_sea-d4xfkf5.png

Lyra and Bon Bon are next to each other. The Staff knows :P

• Brohoof 1