Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

263 users have voted

1. 1. And in your opinion, who IS Lyra?

• Just a background pony who sits awkwardly.
    • Bon Bon's BPFF (best pony friend forever).
    • A great lyre player who knows Octavia.
    • A pony who is secretly curious about humans.
    • A pony who wants to BE human.
    • Other?

Do you love Lyra? Like her? Know nothing about her? Whatever the case, this is the place to talk about the cutest, mintiest, and best background pony in all of Equestria!

Until this month I barely noticed Lyra on the show. But then I looked at some pics, and it was like seeing her for the first time. Then I looked up some pictures, read 'Anthropology,' listened to music about her. Then I voted for her in the Most Attractive Pony poll and now I'm a fan for life. xD

(You can vote Lyra too! Help her pull off the biggest upset in forum history! http://mlpforums.com/topic/44455-the-most-attractive-pony-tournament-2013-conference-championships/ )

img-1062182-1-lyralogo2.jpg

I don't just like Lyra, I LOVE her. I can't get that unicorn out of my head. I didn't understand background pony nuts or WAIFU fans before, but oh god, I think I've become one. Or both. So here's a topic about her. Tell me what you think about her, what kind of pony you think she is, post cute pictures of her...anything and everything Lyra! :wub:

img-1062182-2-lyra_revectorized2.jpg

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 24

There's not much to like about her....but there's not much to hate about her either....

On the plus side, she has a cute design, and I love the fanon surrounding her(the obsession with humans), and the way she sat at the beginning of the show looked funny. So yeah, she's just a background character, but I like her anyways

• Brohoof 9

Lyra is best pone, without question. Here's why, for the heretics who do question her bestponity.

Her mane. A wonderful colour scheme, makes me think of refreshment and gum, which makes me relax. Ergo, her mane relaxes me.

Her eyes. Their incredible colour stands out in any crowd, highlight any expression, and perfectly complement her Cutie Mark.

Her expressions. Thanks to her eyes and face structure, she has fantastic expressive curves, and her smile makes me smile without second thought.

Her coat. Mint green is an awesome pony colour. It stands out, without being overtly pastel.

Cutie Mark. Harps are symbols of the angels. Also awesome music.

She's so good, she clones herself and hides in a crowd just to amplify her bestponeness.

But that's just what the show tells us! How about the Fandom?

Anthropology by JasonTheHuman - One of the most popular FiMFictions of all time.

Anthropology the Musical by AwkwardMarina - I could listen to it for hours on end. Catchy and simple, with neat lyrics.

Background Pony by shortskirtsandexplosions - The #1 best piece of literature I have ever read. Enthralling and addictive, I would literally refresh the page for hours on update night, waiting to get my 30K word fix. In the last two chapters, I could not leave my room, I was so full of feels. Happysad kind of feels.

There is no doubt: It has been proven by everything ever: Greenpones are best pones. Lyra is greenpone. Ergo, LYRA IS BESTPONE.

• Brohoof 14

I think shes so cute /)^3^(\ she has to be one om my favorites. There isnt much about her than what fans came up with but she still amazing. I even went to hot topic and bought the i believe t shirt with her on it.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know to much about the canon Lyra, but I would say she is an awesome pony. As for what most the fandom has done with her, I like her "Human" desire/acts, so again I would also say she is an awesome pony. Great color scheme too IMO.

• Brohoof 2

I think shes so cute /)^3^(\ she has to be one of my favorites. There isnt much about her than what fans came up with but she still amazing. I even went to hot topic and bought the i believe t shirt with her on it. Plus ive seen alot of great art work for her to and thinking of doing a scetch of her my self soon. :) srry for the double post my kindle lagged and posted my mistake

Edited by Morager
  • Brohoof 2

I noticed that you seemed to be crushing on Lyra, I don't know if crushing is the appropriate word, but whatever.

I like her well enough, mostly for her interesting design. I tried to read Anthropology once but stopped partway through, but I might try it again sometime. I generally don't care about background ponies ( except Cloud Kicker, who I do a little victory dance for every time she appears) but Lyra's pretty cool :).

Dashie is still best pony though.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 4

I think that she's an interesting character.  I tend to have a soft spot for the background ponies (as you might be able to tell by my avatar).  She's not my favorite background pony (again, as you might be able to tell by my avatar), so I have no real headcanon for her.  To me, she's just sort of an easter egg, and when I see her in an episode I go, "Oh look, it's Lyra!"

• Brohoof 1

Like her? I love her!

Though, yes, canonly Lyra Heartstrings' appearances in the show are nothing more than that of background filler, and, that all important role as Cadence's Bride's Mare were she spoke. Her character design is pretty, the show pretty much set her up with a bestie (*cough* marefriend *cough*), and we've pretty much given her a great personality. Warm, funny, either somewhat odd or a diehard My Little Human fan, we all like her. 

• Brohoof 4

Lyra is a very nice design in a show that has a lot of nice designs. As background ponies go, she is probably my favourite (sorry Derpy). What I really like is the fanon that sprang up around her and that is IMO a good example of this fandom.

Not a fan of the whole "being obsessed with fingers/humans" thing though, mostly because I'm a grouchy fluff-hardliner who scoffs at people with Alicorn OCs.

I also like the idea of her being in a relationship with Bonbon, mostly because they look adorable together, both in terms of design and colourscheme, but also because there's a distinct lack of decently written same-sex couples in maine stream media.

Also. adorable humanized pic:

post-3492-0-31012000-1357600144_thumb.png

PS: Considering its a major direction of her fanon, you might want to add a "together with Bon Bon" option to your poll.

• Brohoof 5

I really like Lyra's mane and that she looks so adorable, I think she is a really good background character.

Even though, Rainbow Dash is still best pony, Lyra is now my fav background character for now.

• Brohoof 2

I have seriously got to draw a picture of Lyra.  I really like her character that the fandom has.  I'm actually writing a story using her as a central piece along with a human.  It's a very silly story, so if you like those types of stories then here's a link to it.  http://www.fimfiction.net/story/70801/an-alien-walks-amongst-us  I'll probably have another chapter up in a few days time.

Here's a hilarious video using her -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmW6ErFS5xo

And here's an awesome image of her.

post-5025-0-28506300-1357600998_thumb.png

• Brohoof 4

Lyra definitely competes with Derpy for my favorite background pony.  She's well designed, has a really good color scheme and look, and I actually like the fanon that revolves around her the most.  Especially the human obsession related things, because it just makes her seem... I don't know, funny and cute.  (And then with the contrasting Bon Bon that accompanies her which makes her stand out even more)

It would be a good day indeed if they ever do reference her obsession in the show. (Even if it's something subtle like a #1 foam finger or something like that)

• Brohoof 1

She's got this awesome and huge amount of fanon about her, but she's still very fun to just observe as a background pony. She appears constantly, whether it's smiling crazilg and looking like she's taken ALL the pills or sipping a drink nonchalantly while a battle over the fate of Ponyville rages on.

• Brohoof 1

She has a cute design with an awesome cutie mark. As far as the whole human obsessive thing, I find it to be entertaining. I find her musical aspect to be my favorite part about her though. She has a good pairing with Bon Bon that spawned from them being in most shots right next to each other. She also has a good canon voice.

Lyra is best pony, so I'll just leave this here.

ycnDc.png

Edited by Jinx
  • Brohoof 3

Lyra definitely competes with Derpy for my favorite background pony.  She's well designed, has a really good color scheme and look, and I actually like the fanon that revolves around her the most.  Especially the human obsession related things, because it just makes her seem... I don't know, funny and cute.  (And then with the contrasting Bon Bon that accompanies her which makes her stand out even more)

It would be a good day indeed if they ever do reference her obsession in the show. (Even if it's something subtle like a #1 foam finger or something like that)

post-4823-0-35542900-1357601463.gif

I admit, while I thought that she was adorable and all, I didn't have a lot of respect for her, until I re-watched the Sonic Rainboom episode, and saw Lyra during the Best Young Flyer Competition, so she might know quite a bit of magic too, or she's just a weirdo. Either way, I love her!

post-10016-0-06464700-1357601808.png

• Brohoof 1

Haha that's awesome! Lyra is a wonderful pony and I've been falling in love with her for the last 24 hours since adding her to my MLP:FiM game lol. I'm really glad someone started a thread for her - she really is an under appreciated pony. I have to say: I really like her mane! (too, of course!) A lovely minty colour and her little face is just so cute. Her tails pretty cool too!

I wonder what her personality is like? Do we know? She looks like a happy, outgoing pony who is also kind and has a gentle spirit. I think Lyra is best pony :)

Edited by CyberFlash
  • Brohoof 2

Lyra is so close to Octavia for my favorite background pony, if not tied up.  I used this video to make a Lyra emblem for my Black Ops 2 game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVIgKQXAcaM

I might put up a picture of the finished emblem.  The only difference is that mine doesn't have the heart for some reason.  Anyway, I love her design, the colors just work so well for me.  I love the mint greens and light blues.  Here fanon obsession with humans is hilarious in my opinion, and I also love her connection with music.  Also, her voice is incredible.

• Brohoof 2

Lyra used to be my favorite background pony.  I just liked her colors and character design, though in the show she's nothing more then a typical background pony.

I think out of all the characters that the fandom has picked up on, asides from Doctor Whooves (who I'm biased to anyway), Lyra is probably my favourite background pony. 

The whole wanting to learn about humans amuses me greatly plus she has one of the better colour schemes in the show I feel. She's in one of my favourite MLP comics on Deviant Art as well which does help making me like her more. I just really like the fanon ideas that have been based on her.

Yeah, it's safe to say I like her.

• Brohoof 2

I thought of a totally original song that has a unique melody, never before heard:

Do you like Lyra?

Yeah I like Lyra!

Do you like Bon-Bon?
Yeah I like Bon-Bon?

Do you like Humans?

YES I LOVE HUMANS

Doo-doo-doo-doop

Can't wait to get some fingers

LYRA

(Doo-doo-doo-doo-doop)

LYRA

(Doo-doo-doo-doo-doop)

LYRA

(Doo-doo-doo-doo-doop)

Doo-doo-doo-doop

Can't wait to get some fingers

Yes, I'm crazy.

Also, I love the "Lyra hug" icon (seen in Rolls Royce's post) so much I had my OC's drawn in it.  In various costumes.

• Brohoof 3

Uh... yeah, I like Lyra.  She's not (quite obviously  :lol: ) my favorite background pony, but she's definitely one of my favorites.  I like her character design (the color scheme just really works for me!  :D ), it's always fun to see her in cameos with her BPFF Bon Bon, and the fanon content that's developed around her, especially the stuff about her supposed obsession with human's, is bucking hilarious!!!  So yeah, I like Lyra, I like Lyra a lot!  :)   Glad to hear you've discovered your favorite background pony Tails, along with the joy of loving background ponies in general!!!  :D   Background ponies FTW!!!!!!!  B)

lyra_and_derpy_wat__by_mrflabbergasted-d

• Brohoof 4