Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

263 users have voted

1. 1. And in your opinion, who IS Lyra?

• Just a background pony who sits awkwardly.
    • Bon Bon's BPFF (best pony friend forever).
    • A great lyre player who knows Octavia.
    • A pony who is secretly curious about humans.
    • A pony who wants to BE human.
    • Other?

Since you asked, here it is, Lyra fans! http://mlpforums.com/topic/44455-the-most-attractive-pony-tournament-2013-wild-card-round/page-8

But it's stickied at the top of Show Discussion so you can always find it. Lyra's up against Rainbow Dash and it's going to be a tough one. She needs all the votes she can get. :lol:

Who knows if Lyra can be any more awesome than she is now...but there's no harm in trying!

Time for more pics.

img-1072374-1-lyra_ruins_the_canterlot_g

Don't ask me where this mysterious picture is from, I have no idea.

img-1072374-2-tumblr_m8ebowZERh1r5ndxwo1

img-1072374-3-131173546638.png

Oh LOL, that second picture, I could just see Lyra walking around Ponyville in that thing.  I wonder what would happen if Lyra is introduced to the car?  I could see her cruising around in a Lyra colored '55 Thunderbird.

post-8252-0-13086800-1357921799_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I really find Lyra just so adorable and I love the colors used for her character. I'm also in the middle with her being close friends with Bon Bon and as a hobby with discovering more about these mysterious humans that seen to be mentioned a lot by this imaginative pony.

I really do like the idea of a Pony curious about humans such as we bronies are curious with ponies and Equestria. TailsAlone also brought up a point that blew my mind with her character being a Brony in reverse. I knew that she is has a decent chunk of fannon and art dedicated to her strange obsession. Never thought about it in that way. Interesting.  :huh: 

• Brohoof 2

It's just that whole thing with Lyra and humans just grinds my gears a bit is all, I'm sorry if my words were a bit harsh about it though.

I'm not that big of a fan of that aspect, but I am however a fan of Lyra. Considering they ran with that aspect, it created a lot more material for Lyra. So therefore it makes me a fan of it, if that makes any sense. It may be silly, but the more Lyra, the better.

Also, this thread seems to be boosting Lyra's popularity, so that's pretty awesome.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I'm definitely turncoat-ing on Twilight in the attractive pony tournament (I'm pretty sure Lyra will win against Rainbow), now that I see how adorable she is. Her color scheme is...I don't know, it just looks right. I can't really describe it.

Personally, I'm a fan of LyraxBon fics, since that's my headcanon. The pairing also just makes sense to me, even though I've read far fewer of them than the many OctaviaxVinyl fics I've read.

I haven't read Anthropology yet, but I have it open, and I'm prepping to read it after lunch. yey Lyra!

• Brohoof 1

I haven't read Anthropology yet, but I have it open, and I'm prepping to read it after lunch. yey Lyra!

I feel like a terrible Lyra fan, having not read that fanfic yet. There was a really good one I read awhile back that was very enjoyable though. The name of the fic threw me off, but the content was good. It's called Triple X, but nothing too crazy happens.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh LOL, that second picture, I could just see Lyra walking around Ponyville in that thing.  I wonder what would happen if Lyra is introduced to the car?  I could see her cruising around in a Lyra colored '55 Thunderbird.

attachicon.gif1955-Ford-Thunderbird-346911357743702.JPG

Wow, I can totally see that now! Steering the car with her magic, with a drink in one hoof and a foam finger on the other! xD Someone has to make a picture of that!! It would be awesome. Too bad I can't draw. ^_^

I'm not that big of a fan of that aspect, but I am however a fan of Lyra. Considering they ran with that aspect, it created a lot more material for Lyra. So therefore it makes me a fan of it, if that makes any sense. It may be silly, but the more Lyra, the better.

Also, this thread seems to be boosting Lyra's popularity, so that's pretty awesome.

You're right. I'm really excited about it now. BTW, sorry if it seems like I'm copying your avatar. I forgot that we had the same picture, mine is just zoomed out more. xD

Yeah, I'm definitely turncoat-ing on Twilight in the attractive pony tournament (I'm pretty sure Lyra will win against Rainbow), now that I see how adorable she is. Her color scheme is...I don't know, it just looks right. I can't really describe it.

Personally, I'm a fan of LyraxBon fics, since that's my headcanon. The pairing also just makes sense to me, even though I've read far fewer of them than the many OctaviaxVinyl fics I've read.

Man, Lyra and that tournament...it's getting so much bigger than I ever thought it would. Like all her fans are coming out of the woodwork to vote for her. Don't get me wrong, I love Rainbow Dash. She's my favorite Mane 6 pony. But if Lyra wins against her I will be the happiest brony on the forums! :wub:

And if you're reading Anthropology...well, I hope you don't have anything else to do today. xD  Because I couldn't stop reading that thing, it was so good. It kept me up well into the AM.

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 1

And if you're reading Anthropology...well, I hope you don't have anything else to do today. xD  Because I couldn't stop reading that thing, it was so good. It kept me up well into the AM.

I read Past Sins almost all in one day. I can wreck fics that are 200k+, so long as they keep me engaged and interested.

MY BODY IS READY! 

Like Lyra? Hell no.

I LOVE LYRA

After I read these two amazing fanfictions I've come to love Lyra for the personality that the fandom has given her. The fandom version of Lyra is really interesting in my opinion.

I've seen Lyra and Bon-Bon kinda replacing Derpy as the easter egg characters - I am totally fine with that as I honestly find Lyra (and possibly Bon-Bon too) to be more interesting that Derpy.

BTW, sorry if it seems like I'm copying your avatar.

It's alright, as long as it's not the exact same part, then it won't be a problem.

Don't get me wrong, I love Rainbow Dash. She's my favorite Mane 6 pony. But if Lyra wins against her I will be the happiest brony on the forums!

I'm not a fan of those brackets, but I'm a fan of the results so far. They've got my top 2 going against each other, but at least it proves how much her popularity has grown.

This thread is basically turning into a Lyra fanclub, which wouldn't be such a bad idea.

• Brohoof 1

If anybody was still looking for new opinions on the matter, I wouldn't have even known Lyra existed if not for threads like these, I still don't know where she shows up in the show, and I have yet to encounter even the slightest hint of why people think she wants to be human. Before I got caught up I figured it was just something I hadn't reached yet, but no I still don't know where all this came from.

• Brohoof 1

Good point, that's kind of hard to believe. I'm guessing that Cadence was possessed by Chrysalis at the time. We saw how callous and uncaring she was regarding the preparations, so I can see her just grabbing those three out of a crowd to be be the bridesmaids. 

Ehm, that was Chrysalis. Also, picking three random ponies wouldn't work, since Canterlot is filled with ponies who have been around Cadence all her life.

IMO its a nice little touch, hinting that Lyra has spend some part of her life in Canterlot, that's food for thought :)

If anybody was still looking for new opinions on the matter, I wouldn't have even known Lyra existed if not for threads like these, I still don't know where she shows up in the show, and I have yet to encounter even the slightest hint of why people think she wants to be human. Before I got caught up I figured it was just something I hadn't reached yet, but no I still don't know where all this came from.

Mostly because she sits funny in one scne and that she lacks fingers to play her instrument (assuming she has one) without the use of magic.

Its really just imagination running wild (in a good way).

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 1

Lyra is awesome! Even though its fanon I still enjoy how her obsession with humans. I asked a friend of mine a while back if she could make me a lyra plushie and it was worth it! I know i've shown it before but I still think its awesome.

post-7513-0-10551100-1357936202_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Wow, I can totally see that now! Steering the car with her magic, with a drink in one hoof and a foam finger on the other! xD Someone has to make a picture of that!! It would be awesome. Too bad I can't draw. ^_^

*Images of Lyra driving through Ponyville like that, with Bon-Bon looking terrified in the passenger's seat, go through my mind* ... :blink: *Looks at tablet... then back at post... then tablet again, post again...* ... I'mma need that car as a reference pic... *snickers excitedly* Oh, how Discord would approve... :D

Since you asked, here it is, Lyra fans! http://mlpforums.com/topic/44455-the-most-attractive-pony-tournament-2013-wild-card-round/page-8

But it's stickied at the top of Show Discussion so you can always find it. Lyra's up against Rainbow Dash and it's going to be a tough one. She needs all the votes she can get. :lol:

Who knows if Lyra can be any more awesome than she is now...but there's no harm in trying!

Time for more pics.

img-1072374-1-lyra_ruins_the_canterlot_g

Don't ask me where this mysterious picture is from, I have no idea.

img-1072374-2-tumblr_m8ebowZERh1r5ndxwo1

img-1072374-3-131173546638.png

Oh right, I know that last pic. So many lulz when I first saw it. And that first one is hilarious. Celestia's kinda like "Oh, damn. Well that sucks. Maybe I should fix it." And for Lyra's part, her expression says it all.

Also, once Lyra wins again RD that's when the soul tearing will begin for me. Why must I choose between two epic unicorns!? Why!? *bawls*

This thread is basically turning into a Lyra fanclub, which wouldn't be such a bad idea.

I second this in becoming the Lyra fanclub thread! I need to go read Anthropology. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

So I've been through 12 chapters of Anthropology now, after about 2 hours.

Holy hell. That was...I can't...there's no words. I'll be really sad when I finish it, because...

IT'S FUCKING AWESOME. Like, Past Sins awesome. That's how awesome this is.

• Brohoof 1

I certainly have nothing against Lyra, I mean I'm not crazy for her or anything, but she is cute, and her story the fandom created is interesting.. to say the least :P.

I don't have an obsession for her though, shes cute and its hard to dislike pony's, or atleast for me.

I'm not really crazy about any background pony's as of now, I'm sure eventually I'll take a liking to one, but for now they're just cute and there and do some cool stuff, but I don't take any obsessions with any of them.

Certainly not anywhere close to yours Tails :P.

• Brohoof 1

Hello!

I certainly like lyra the most out of the background ponies. I really like the fandom about her being interested in Humans - The so called creatures that only exist in filly fairytale stories. Never liked derpy to much, never understood the obssesion most had on her...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

*Images of Lyra driving through Ponyville like that, with Bon-Bon looking terrified in the passenger's seat, go through my mind* ... :blink: *Looks at tablet... then back at post... then tablet again, post again...* ... I'mma need that car as a reference pic... *snickers excitedly* Oh, how Discord would approve... :D

Also, once Lyra wins again RD that's when the soul tearing will begin for me. Why must I choose between two epic unicorns!? Why!? *bawls*

I second this in becoming the Lyra fanclub thread! I need to go read Anthropology. ^_^

OMG we have to see that pic when you're done. I can just imagine it now. xD   As for Lyra beating Dash her chances look amazingly good, she's up by 7 votes ATM and YOU GUYS ALL HELPED IT HAPPEN. So give yourselves a pat on the back.

Another piece of good news for you, Wolf: Alfonzo the tournament master (LOL) says that if Lyra wins, she will not have to face Twilight right away. Instead she will go up against Applejack next. After that, the winner of Lyra/AJ would face Twilight in the EFC Championship (assuming Twilight beats the winner of Pinkie Pie vs. Octavia, and that's a safe bet).

And you're right, maybe we should make this the Lyra Appreciation Thread. I could ask a mod to change the name...what do you guys think? :D

So I've been through 12 chapters of Anthropology now, after about 2 hours.

Holy hell. That was...I can't...there's no words. I'll be really sad when I finish it, because...

IT'S FUCKING AWESOME. Like, Past Sins awesome. That's how awesome this is.

Damn, I know right? I was totally blown away.

In fact I'm going to review Anthropology (spoiler free) on my brony radio show tomorrow night at 8pm Eastern. I just had to spread the word about that awesome fic and if you guys want to hear it the Livestream link is right here. ^_^

Lyra is awesome! Even though its fanon I still enjoy how her obsession with humans. I asked a friend of mine a while back if she could make me a lyra plushie and it was worth it! I know i've shown it before but I still think its awesome.

That's a really cute plushie. ^^ Your friend must be good at those.

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 1

Yes, yes I do.  I almost voted for her instead of Dashie in that "Most Attractive Pony Tournament" thread, but I just couldn't do it man.  I like, pussied out. 

Anyway, I love her huma-esque tendencies, her wonderful mane color, and her appearances with Bon-Bon.   Her Cutie Mark is original as well.  I haven't seen a Cutie Mark like hers before, and I'm very happy about it.   

• Brohoof 2

And you're right, maybe we should make this the Lyra Appreciation Thread. I could ask a mod to change the name...what do you guys think?

I think Lyra Fan Club would suffice for a name, since there's a few other ones lurking about. The only one I know for a fact exists is the Rainbow Dash Fan Club.

K, I'm finished with Anthropology. I have but one appropriate response to it. I think it will suffice, since I can't really put how I feel into words.

Back to Lyra. This fic definitely brought her up to one of my favorite background ponies. I find a lot of difficulty ordering them absolutely, but I will say that I like her as much as I like Vinyl and Octavia.

Edited by HandMan

(edited)

I think Lyra Fan Club would suffice for a name, since there's a few other ones lurking about. The only one I know for a fact exists is the Rainbow Dash Fan Club.

All right then, I'll ask SBB64 to change the title!  :lol:  EDIT: Nvm, I just found out I can do it myself. xD

As the one who started all this delightful madness, I declare the name official as of this post.

We are the Lyra Heartstrings fan club!

img-1074684-1-lyra_jumping_happily_by_mr

Join me for some cake and soda on the nearest park bench!

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 2

We are the Lyra Heartstrings fan club!

Sounds good, and here's what I did earlier today. I got inspired by Silverwisp's rendition of Lyra as a bard, so I took that and ran with it. I think I might turn it into a full body drawing, but I'm not sure yet.

XnnLZ.png

• Brohoof 3

If you do draw that, it will probably be the coolest thing I ever see.  I've always wanted to see Lyra behind the wheel of a car, especially a '55 Thunderbird that's the same color as her.

Ah, Lyra...one of my three favorite background ponies, along with Berry and Colgate.

I remember I picked her up when I used to be obsessive about the background characters of the show, and Lyra was one of the big three. Now, do know that this was right after the season 2 finale, and it wasn't even a whole month after I succumbed to the show. I don't think I had very good reasons to choose the three I chose, I think it was more of a "they just called out to me" situation.

Anywho, one of my favorite aspects about Lyra is her character design, I was very attracted to her mane style (especially the way it curls out at the end of it, yeah I'm a big fan of sharp, pointy manes >.>), and overall just liked her for her role in the fandom. I think so much that I considered her to be my favorite background pony above Berry and Colgate. I remember switching through craploads of Lyra avatars, it was insane.

I used to be crazy about her, too...I even made an Ask Lyra thread that I was so dedicated to for a good long while...but motivation and my love for her died down. Now, er...*ahem*, that's not to say I'll never post again...*cough cough*... >.>

Anywho, I love her as one of the best background ponies, so I'll just leave it at that.

Now, uh...as for you, TailsAlone, you seem to be very passionate for her. I don't blame you one bit. ;P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I made this for the tournament thread when Lyra advanced to the next round. I'll play it again if she wins this week. I kind of think of it as our theme song. No matter how many people doubt her, she just keeps on walkin'.

Don't even try to flatter me, it's bad. ^_^ But it gets the point across.

Also! After three episodes without an appearance we finally saw Lyra again at the beginning of Spike at Your Service. She was standing next to a foal (name?) by the apple cart when Spike went running after the hot air balloon.

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 2