Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rarity Fan Club

Tomiix

So, after some discussion with The Golden Cross and Banul (thanks guys!) in the "Pony which lives up to it's element the least" thread i actually noticed something for me that i actually never thought of.

The thing i noticed being:

Rarity actually never really boasts about her accomplishments and her generosity. Especially if you compare her to Rainbow. Rarity is actually very humble and subtle in that regard... The closest thing to boasting she displays is actually just a little bit of (appropriate) pride and happiness that she made someone something beautiful...

What do you think about that...? Did i miss something? Am i full of horse feathers? Is this something everybody saw and im just late again? :muffins:

It is just that so many say Rarity is arrogant and self centered... Why does she never really boast if that is the case?

Happy to be of service!

I think the very first thing people notice about Rarity is that she can be a bit of a drama queen, because that kind of thing tends to stand out. That forms a negative first impression, and first impressions can be hard to break. There's this thing I learned in one of my psychology classes (Naturally, I can't remember what its called. Confirmation Bias? I think that's correct). Basically. people only remember the things that reinforce their worldview, and reject something that doesn't conform with it, sometimes without even noticing that they're doing it. So people get this negative idea in their head of who they think Rarity is, and they never really notice the evidence against it. So I think that's primarily why people don't think Rarity lives up to her element. 

• Brohoof 6

Happy to be of service!

I think the very first thing people notice about Rarity is that she can be a bit of a drama queen, because that kind of thing tends to stand out. That forms a negative first impression, and first impressions can be hard to break. There's this thing I learned in one of my psychology classes (Naturally, I can't remember what its called. Confirmation Bias? I think that's correct). Basically. people only remember the things that reinforce their worldview, and reject something that doesn't conform with it, sometimes without even noticing that they're doing it. So people get this negative idea in their head of who they think Rarity is, and they never really notice the evidence against it. So I think that's primarily why people don't think Rarity lives up to her element. 

Well, to be fair, they reset the poll in that thread this morning and Rarity has a small percentage of the votes :D

I think people are coming around :D

• Brohoof 3

Silly Rarity, that's not how you eat pizza :blink:

She wants that piece of Pizza goodness so badly... But it is out of reach... So close and still so far away. :(

Why is there no noble knight that helps our fair maiden?

...Wait... Is that salami?post-25189-0-78343100-1401653416.png

Happy to be of service!

You are right again.

A true shame though. :(

Every of the mane6 has so much to offer... Why deprive yourself of one of them just because of stupid bias?

• Brohoof 4

img-2695289-1-broniebrown-20121006T11341

^Because I just need an excuse to post this:

She looks... happy? Maybe even too happy... rarity_tic_by_ggd15-d41glsm.gif

rarity_as_princess_platinum_by_cruxtar-d

Found this little gem... :wub:

She looks so cute and regal at the same time... So basically she looks like always i guess... :huh:  :muffins:

I would be happy to have Empress Rarity the Fair as my liege. She is generous but still businessavy, so the economy would flourish and her subjects would be wealthy! Think about how beautiful her empire would be, think about how beautiful our empress would be! A empress worthy of worship!

I for one welcome our new fabulous overlady. :wub:

• Brohoof 5

Psst...May a Fluttershy fan step into this territory? :3 *sneaks in inside a bush costume*

I don't see why not! :D Our only rule is to show appreciation for Rarity - as long as you do that, you're always welcome! :D

Saw this on Derpibooru :D

I love Rarity's face in it :wub:

545620__safe_rarity_animated_smile_cute_

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

Psst...May a Fluttershy fan step into this territory? :3 *sneaks in inside a bush costume*

Absolutely! When I asked if an Applejack can could join, I was told that as long as I show appreciation towards Miss Rarity; I was welcome... Can't imagine it'd be any different for you dear.

Edit: Sorry for repost; we must have been typing it at same time and I lost the race to the send key. lol.

Edited by JLmle
  • Brohoof 4

I don't see why not! :D Our only rule is to show appreciation for Rarity - as long as you do that, you're always welcome! :D

Saw this on Derpibooru :D

I love Rarity's face in it :wub:

545620__safe_rarity_animated_smile_cute_

Lol no problem!

Her face is all like, "Uh...Coco?" xD

• Brohoof 4

what responses would ya'll muster to the accusation that, in Manehattan, Rarity was only being generous with the expectation of favors from those she was generous with.

I know what I would say but I want your guys' thoughts as well, untainted. 

It's a bit late but it just hit me again today how ridiculous these kind of accusations are... Almost as if the Rarity haters are getting desperate... :muffins:

Lets pretend it was Raritys plan all along to somehow get favors from the ponies she was generous to in this episode...

Her plan is to go into a city that is far away from Ponyville that she may never visit again, instead of just choosing Ponyville, where the chance of getting a favor would be much higher. Once she is in this city she performs little, random generous deeds, without caring about who she targets. She gives generous tips, gives her scarf away, buys a little colt a carrotdog and gives a random tourist precedence in using some binoculars.

This is the first but most important phase of her insidious plan! She chooses completely unimportant ponies, like kids, tourists and cab drivers. Ponies that have no significance in Manehatten and are partially not even locals. She is careful to avoid being generous to important, high society ponies, because that would make too much sense if she wants to get some kind of important favors! They would expect that!

Now that the has numerous ponies in her debt (Because that is how it works right? If you give someone your scarf, or give him a generous tip that person is forever in your debt. Thats how the Spainards did it to the Aztecs!) she could finally claim her favors... BUT THEY WOULD EXPECT THAT! So she leaves the city to maybe never return knowing that after she bought that colt a carrot dog his soul forever belongs to her.

To recap the whole thing:

Rarity goes into a city and is generous to completely unimportant ponies to get "favors" from them, even though she will probably never see them again and even if she does, the kind of favor she could expect would be laughable at best.

Makes perfect sense... The rarihaters again prove to be as intelligent and competent like they always are. :muffins:

• Brohoof 5

Whoa. I haven't posted in here. Ever.

That's surprising. So what do we do in the fan club?

Not much. We're probably one of the more active fan clubs on this site :D Just drop in and share pictures of Rarity or say what's up and what not - we don't judge :D We usually talk about Rarity or share pictures of her or what not.

Have some Rarity! :D

642692__safe_solo_rarity_meme_image+macr

large.png641567__safe_solo_rarity_spoiler-colon-s

• Brohoof 5

Whoa. I haven't posted in here. Ever.

That's surprising. So what do we do in the fan club?

We bask in the fabulosity of Rarity. We talk about the fabulosity of Rairity. We post picture representing the fabulosity of Rarity.  :D

We also talk about the OTP Rarighost, Asterian Rarity Tulpa, Rarity Paige Belle pegadaughter and anti-brony GF, Obsidian haters hate or AV unrelated videos.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

We also talk about the OTP Rarighost, Asterian Rarity Tulpa, Rarity Paige Belle pegadaughter and anti-brony GF, Obsidian haters hate or AV unrelated videos.

That...actually is the fan club in a nutshell :D

Plus Nosebleeds. Don't forget those  :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 5

We bask in the fabulosity of Rarity. We talk about the fabulosity of Rairity. We post picture representing the fabulosity of Rarity.  :D

That...actually is the fan club in a nutshell :D

Plus Nosebleeds. Don't forget those  :D

This fanclub in a nutshell indeed.

Ghostie how could anyone forget the nosebleeds? Post all the nosebleed pictures!

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

This fanclub in a nutshell indeed.

Ghostie how could anyone forget the nosebleeds? Post all the nosebleed pictures!

NOIRE!!!! :D

Haven't seen you around here in a while, man! :D How are you?

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 3

Hnnnnnnnng 

Kleenex probably makes a lot of money off of this thread :D

I got a picture for this.

post-25449-0-48920300-1401675298_thumb.png

NOIRE!!!! :D

Haven't seen you around here in a while, man! :D How are you?

Ready to stalk back into the fan club =p

• Brohoof 5