Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fluttershy Fan Club

Tomiix

Rainbow's face is priceless in this image. She pretty much saying "Really? This is seriously happening?" Though I'd love to see a X & Y variation of Ponymon. It would look awesome.

img-3398794-2-6434928de829d8f3fd307aa4ba

Link: http://twentypercentcooler.net/data/64/34/6434928de829d8f3fd307aa4ba3c4af7.gif

I did see that picture on the dA. Looking at that picture makes me wanna touch fluttershy's nose (or "boop" fluttershy)

• Brohoof 2

Thank you, I don't know how to react to that as it's not something I'm used to. :blush: And thanks, she really is adorable, especially when she blushes :squee:

Aww, dude you have that Mick Jagger Swagger except you're hotter than him. Also yeah blush is a bonus.

• Brohoof 1

Convince me that Fluttershy is good pone. What is yellowquiet's greatest strength and why should I adore her?

*rolls out 500 page essay* Weeeeell... :squee:

For me, Fluttershy's greatest strength is her kindness and sensitivity - which is pretty obvious, I know, since it's her element and all, but what I find most interesting is that it's also in many ways her greatest weakness (or at least percieved to be by others). "Shy" is a pretty generic trait, but I feel like Fluttershy is portrayed in a way that feels very true to my own experiences, as a shy/quiet person - it makes her even more adorable, yes, but unlike a lot of other designated "shy" characters, we also see how it affects her daily life, how much Fluttershy struggles to speak up for herself and how that makes everyday tasks much more difficult for her. Now, I've seen a lot of people say that that makes her defined by her negative traits, and that Fluttershy's boring character because all her storylines revolve around overcoming her fears in some way - but those people could not be more wrong.

What's really great about Fluttershy is that her problems and character flaws, for me, are portrayed fairly realistically for a children's show about talking horses, which means they don't gloss over them, they're not something she gets over in the space of one episode, because real anxieties don't work like that - but she's still a wonderful, positive character because she's still dealing with them, and she is improving all the time, although I think her character development is more subtle in that way. But just think about it - S1!Fluttershy is literally scared of her own shadow, but she's faced so many challenges since then, both big (facing down the dragon) and smaller (saying "no" to Iron Will) and she's grown so much stronger from them.

But I really think Fluttershy's greatest strength does come from her kindness - from how sensitive and empathic she is, how much she truly cares about everypony and critter, and how willing she is to see the good in everypony. That's often seen as a weakness, as her being too trusting/naive, but it's what gave her the strength to reform Discord (and you have to remember that's a hell of an accomplishment, considering she managed not only to get through to Discord himself, even when he thought he was totally playing her, by simply being his friend even when she had every reason not to - but also not bowing to the pressure from her friends, who she cares about more than anything and would be crushed by the thought of letting them down, and sticking by her convictions) and just generally, I think, what motivates her to keep trying - when others need her, her friends, animals, anypony, she always comes through. She may have trouble speaking up for herself in ordinary situations, but she will never stand by and do nothing if she thinks someone's in trouble - even if she turns out to be mistaken, like when she "kidnapped" Celestia's pet phoenix Philomena.

For me, the scene in Return of Harmony where Discord is first trying to corrupt Fluttershy sums her up perfectly: it's sad how easily she agrees with her negative character assessment ("I am weak and helpless"), but the most important thing is that she believes in her friends and can't be made to doubt them as easily as Discord was counting on. And that, for me, is a perfect example of Fluttershy's inner strength: her belief in the value of kindness and understanding - both in herself and in others - gives her strength in the unlikeliest of situations, where most would have assumed she'd fail, allowing her to accomplish what other ponies can't. And it also makes her an amazing, complex, realistically flawed but ultimately incredibly positive and even inspiring character.

...I mean, of course...that's just what I think, if you don't mind :squee:

Edited by Coco before Pommel
  • Brohoof 6

you got to love Fluttershy who doesn't?

Welcome to the club chefmac, and whoever doesn't love Fluttershy is either crazy, emotionless, or both, and I also see that you are a Big Mac fan also, so go visit that club too, though not much goes on there :/ , but it's nice to have you here.

• Brohoof 2

Fluttershy and Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh. This isn't intended to be a ship. Rather, they're two characters they are similar in personalities. The only difference is that Fluttershy talks more and is happier than Eeyore:

post-30335-0-29003300-1421192081.jpg

With Pinkie Pie trying to share a cupcake with Eeyore. Looks like Pinkie Pie has to cut down on desserts:

post-30335-0-79892700-1421192177_thumb.jpg

Who would win? I think Fluttershy would win because she's taken down a bear and stopped a dragon:

post-30335-0-25646900-1421192256_thumb.jpg

Ahh! The childhood nostalgia. I'm pretty sure lots of you remember Eeyore.

• Brohoof 6

Fluttershy really is the best, just saying that though is not enough as a post; so I will give my reasons why. Out of all the characters I feel she has one of the best personalities and changes more than people give her credit for, she may seem weak and quiet at first but once she opens up; she clearly becomes a nice and interesting pony to talk too. Sure there are times when she will be really quiet and shy (of course), but that is what makes her a great character and the fact that she has started to open up more as the show goes on is even better. What makes her truly stand out though is that she fears a lot of things but in the end she still follows through with stuff  for the sake of her friends and every pony else and it takes a lot of guts to stand against your fears, no matter how small they might be. Also, I really do love it when she gets angry.

Lastly, she's just the cutest thing there is. You can't tell me your cuteness meter doesn't go through the roof when you see her.

• Brohoof 7