Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Vinyl Scratch?

AzuelFox102

Her design is pretty cool. But I hate her fanon personality, for one thing, and one thing only. The majority of people claim she's a dubstep artist. She's a DJ. This may come from my dislike of dubstep, but still, you don't have to be a DJ and only play dubstep. I like to imagine her as a really good DJ, who plays at clubs and special events. Not a dubstep artist.

I don't mind her relationship with Octavia, it's actually really cute, but it makes me wonder how people even came up with that in the first place. There are plenty of other musicians in Equestria.

My favorite depiction of her is when she has a guitar. Because Rock and Roll, you know.

So yes, I like her, I just think her fanon is really off. Anyone else agree with me?

img-1119385-1-VinylScratch_zps75abad26.png

• Brohoof 7

Vinyl actually is one of my favorite ponies.  Her unique mane design is really cool.  I love the Octavia Vinyl stuff floating around.

I just think her fanon is really off. Anyone else agree with me?

I agree with you about her not being strictly dubstep, I mean I always thought she just played whatever.
  • Brohoof 1

Her design is pretty cool. But I hate her fanon personality, for one thing, and one thing only. The majority of people claim she's a dubstep artist. She's a DJ. This may come from my dislike of dubstep, but still, you don't have to be a DJ and only play dubstep. I like to imagine her as a really good DJ, who plays at clubs and special events. Not a dubstep artist.

Agree'd. If anything I've always considered her a house/trance/hardcore artist.

Nothing against dubstep (sometimes I listen to it), but I grew up on artists like Tiesto, Armin van Buuren, etc, and their genres will always be closer to me than dubstep.

I do like the other "party hard" aspects of her personality, though.

• Brohoof 2

Love her. She is one of my favorite ponies! I think they should show more of her in the show, that would be pretty cool. :) I do enjoy the music that is apparently "hers" on youtube, but I agree, it's not always about dubstep. She should be a musician of many talents.

Have to say, though, I love her with a guitar. :wub:

I don't mind her relationship with Octavia, it's actually really cute, but it makes me wonder how people even came up with that in the first place. There are plenty of other musicians in Equestria.

I think she's been paired with Octy because of the whole "opposites attract" kind of thing. I actually think it works really well, they're musicians, so they have that in common, but their fanon personalities are completely different, which makes things interesting.

It's also adorable.

As for her music, I think people have declared that she makes Dubstep mostly because it's a form of electronic music that's "in" at the moment. I see her as an electronic artists, yes, I think it suits her. However, when she says "drop the base", In my head she means 

kinds of bass.  :P

I can kind of see her as a hard Rock musician as well, though. Maybe even old school Punk.

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 1

Who doesn't love Vinyl Scratch? She's obviously best pony.

My favorite depiction of her is when she has a guitar. Because Rock and Roll, you know.

So yes, I like her, I just think her fanon is really off. Anyone else agree with me?

I agree with you on the dubstep thing. I don't hate dubstep, not really my style, but I tend to think she plays House/Techno a bit more.

And about her relationship with Octavia, it might just be that they're opposites and well.... Opposites attract?

It sure is funny seeing those two together. Prime example:

• Brohoof 1

I personally think she is a bit overrated... while her design is quite nice, she has appeared for relatively no time, and has no speaking lines. The three ponies I never understood why everyone liked so much are her, Tavi, and Luna...

Just my opinion though.

• Brohoof 1

No, no I am not a fan of Vinyl scratch...just ignore my current avatar...

Obviously kidding. I love vinyl and just had to share my favorite pic of her here

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/236/5/d/vinyl_scratch_r3c0rds_by_tsitra360-d4oe0l7.jpg

THAT. PICTURE. IS AWESOME. (and for those who don't feel like clicking a link, here is the freakin' awesome picture, which is still, awesome.:

post-12028-0-46525800-1359227395_thumb.jpg

there you have it :)~

guys, i just found this. i think it fits this topic well~

YES HOH MAI GAWD!

post-12028-0-41057300-1359229293.jpg

HOH MY GAWD, YES. BASSCANNON. lol. uh... wut do you guys think?

i know.

OH MY GAWD, YES.

• Brohoof 1

i do admit shes awesome, awesome enough to where im designing a decal for my new car when i get it, plus painting her cutie mark on it, and this is most important a new sound system and i have great idea for what im doing with that :).  other than that she cool, well designed, the dubstep thing is to be expected with this day an age, and just becuase people got inspired to do some great pieces of art and music. so yea im a fan, she not my number one but shes high up there. :)

i do admit shes awesome, awesome enough to where im designing a decal for my new car when i get it, plus painting her cutie mark on it, and this is most important a new sound system and i have great idea for what im doing with that :).  other than that she cool, well designed, the dubstep thing is to be expected with this day an age, and just becuase people got inspired to do some great pieces of art and music. so yea im a fan, she not my number one but shes high up there. :)

don't ask me why, but for SOME odd reason, Vinyl Scratch reminds me a lot about Skrillex? does this seem odd to anybody? (pony?)

i don't know. and, i'm making a collage of all the fandom (most that i know,) and some of my favorite ponies..... yeah :)

who hates vinyl scratch? who hates any pony? besides diamond tiara

anyways, i like vinyl scratch, she has a really cool design, she is my 2nd favorite background pony

Hey where you at? This is the perfect thread for you. :P

For a while Vinyl Scratch was my second favorite pony and I still do like her quite a lot. She brings the wub the the I wub her. ;)

She's not in my top 5 anymore. :/ She's still up there though.

I personally think she is a bit overrated... while her design is quite nice, she has appeared for relatively no time, and has no speaking lines. The three ponies I never understood why everyone liked so much are her, Tavi, and Luna...

Just my opinion though.

I do like the 3 ponies you mentioned, and I feel that they're probably liked so much because people can project their own images of them almost without boundry. Vinyl never got much of a speaking role in the show, so she gets a fan voice, her music has been depicted as varied throughout the show, but she most definitely produces Electro/house music in my eyes. If people want her to produce Dubstep, that's fine too. 

Tavi again, she has no speaking lines, no name...nothing. But she's a recurring background pony that people seem to notice more than others, mainly because of her oversized violin (I went there). And again, she's pretty much a blank slate for people to project what they would like her to be. 

Luna...well I don't know why, but she's just awesome. I love Luna myself, but if you ask me why, I couldn't tell you. She just has that...thing. 

Back on topic however, Vinyl is possibly the best in the show, but i'm torn between Vinyl and Spitfire. I think Vinyl may win out though, because of the personality I feel she has.

Hey where you at? This is the perfect thread for you. :P

For a while Vinyl Scratch was my second favorite pony and I still do like her quite a lot. She brings the wub the the I wub her. ;)

She's not in my top 5 anymore. :/ She's still up there though.

Ah, thanks LF. :P

This sure is my cup of tea. xD

I really love Vinyl, her design is just perfect in my opinion. And the fact that she's a unicorn makes her 20% cooler. lol

Edited by ~Wubs~
  • Brohoof 1

Vinyl has an amazing design in my opinion, and she's just overall cool, carefree and kickass. I'm just sad I don;t get enough of her but I did just read the fanfic of Octavia and her university days. It's amazing.

Yup. Like her color scheme. And her eyes I believe were red or something. Let's just hope that Rina-Chan doesn't voice her. Oh lord.

Edited by ~Vallo~