Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think of this future Show Episode Idea? Please reply!

SingingFluttershy1279

Imagine a sea Kingdom full of Sea Ponies in Equestria that Twilight remembers she heard about as a filly yet she believed it was just an old fairy filly tale. It isn't until she learns through Princess Celestia that the sea Ponies and their kingdom are real. In this episode there would be massive earth quacks emerging throughout Equestria which are being caused by a sea monster attacking the sea ponies and Princess Celestia gives Twilight another test, which is for her to come up with a spell that will enable her and her friends the ability to travel and breath underwater so that the elements of Harmony can be used to destroy the sea monster which would save not only the sea ponies and their kingdom, it would save all of Equestria.

This show idea would also bring back the Sea Pony My Little Pony bath time toys yet they'd have the look of this generation of My Little Pony, which would mean more Money for Hasbro!

Edited by SingingFluttershy1279
  • Brohoof 4

First of all, I hate anything to do with water. So ponies who only exist in water is one of the worst things ever.

Also, that text is hurting my eyes. ._.

Sea ponies are going to be featured in one of the MLP:FiM children's books that will be released in March or April. And if I recall, there's going to be two species of them. 

http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-Under-Sparkling/dp/0316245593/ref=sr_1_18?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1359694781&sr=1-18&keywords=my+little+pony

Ahh that's interesting.

I actually have no problem with them being added. Since from that design alone, it seems their going in the right direction.

(No horrid half regular pony with mermaid tales)

Okay for those who don't think sea ponies will ever happen, think again. If you introduce sea ponies, what will happen? They sell sea ponies merchandise.

Now remember Hasbro is a business and they want to make money. If they want to go in this direction it will happen.

Now then, do I think the writers can pull it of and make the episode(s) with the sea ponies any good?

Well yes

I have compete faith in the writers to do a good job, should this idea ever happen. They have done a great job, and they have never made me lose faith in the show.

Whatever happens I know it's going to be great.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to start thinking of fan-fic ideas on how the sea ponies kingdom sank into the ocean. I'm thinking of an Atlantis style story.

• Brohoof 1

*insert Steve Carrel yelling no here* I think that would be too girly. sea ponies are the equivalent of mermaids which would look horrible. it would be nice to see new pony types introduced but i think hasbro and the writers got that out of there system with the crystal ponies. although, having looked at the supposed toys it wouldnt surprise me if they did bring the sea ponies in on the 4th season

(edited)

If you look at the post by himanuts there is a link which shows a book with the sea ponies (which I didn't know about) and they look more like sea horses. Sea Horses don't look like Mermaids so it wouldn't be too girly.

For some reason my quotes aren't working!  :huh:

I'll be honest...I'm not too keen on the sea pony idea.  But I've watched this show long enough to know I shouldn't dismiss it out of hand.  I strongly suspect the creative staff hates it when Hasbro keeps handing them new and weird stuff to put in the cartoon.  But so far they've handled everything that's come down the pike pretty well.  So if they are told to write sea ponies into the show, I'm going to expect something good to come of it.  :)

Do people forget that the Sea Ponies aren't 100% a new idea? They were in the first series and they didn't look like mer-ponies then either. They looked like Sea horses. Mer-ponies would have front legs and hooves and yes that would look creepy. Anyways they aren't 100% new however they would be new to this series. Bring back the old and make it better than it ever has been. That's one of the biggest reasons I started this topic to begin with.

I actually really hate the idea of Seaponies, because it happened in G1, and everything before G4 is inferior and a mistake and must be forgotten and ignored and never done again.

We could have axolotl ponies. That hasn't been done before and would look pretty cool. They'd have a full four limbs (plus tail) so they'd be more similar to the terrestrial ponies.

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEEEEEEE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEEEEEEEEEE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

XD

In all seriousness though, it'd be tough, but the writers may be able to pull it off, despite the idea itself being downright asinine. Let's just hope they don't bring back the Smooze as well...

Cool! I never knew about that book! I must think like the creators. Then again I am a creative thinker which I think most of us probably are. 

Don't flatter yourself. The idea of reinstating Sea Ponies has been tossed up in several instances across several message boards and articles and, as Himanuts put it simply, the Sea Ponies are indeed going to make an appearance in an upcoming book; something I'm actually very excited about being a fan of the G1 animated series.

Furthermore, your synopsis sounds like a generic rip-off of the Crystal Empire two-parter. I see nothing creative or innovative about this at all, but I am appreciative of your input nevertheless.

Sea ponies are going to be featured in one of the MLP:FiM children's books that will be released in March or April. And if I recall, there's going to be two species of them. 

http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-Under-Sparkling/dp/0316245593/ref=sr_1_18?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1359694781&sr=1-18&keywords=my+little+pony

I am so psyched for this because as forementioned, I have a special fondness towards the estranged species of pony.

I'd love to see a future episode that reintroduces them to the franchise.

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEEEEEEE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEEEEEEEEEE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

XD

In all seriousness though, it'd be tough, but the writers may be able to pull it off, despite the idea itself being downright asinine. Let's just hope they don't bring back the Smooze as well...

I totally have that song on my iPod. I jam out to it when I'm out running and doing push-ups.

I was wondering about this myself. Personally I think it would be a cool idea, It would look better if they made them look like sea horses like in G1, or maybe even a horse head on a fish's body. I'm trying to picture the sort of mer-pony appearance, and that seems kind of creepy, but then again, sometimes things look better once they are actually made than when you're imagining them.

We could have axolotl ponies. That hasn't been done before and would look pretty cool. They'd have a full four limbs (plus tail) so they'd be more similar to the terrestrial ponies.

That sounds cool too. Especially if they do something neat with the eyes that would make them look even more unique.

I personally see a lot of potential with the concept of Sea Ponies. But their designs where rather ridiculous in G1, and same applies for most fandom portayal. The lack of forearms makes them look pretty useless and pathetic. I'd like to see designs that resemble the mythological hippocamus (basically a water horse) more than the G1 take.

Though it seems one of the species to be introduced here is heavily based on the real world sea horse.

Edited by himanuts

(edited)

Don't flatter yourself. The idea of reinstating Sea Ponies has been tossed up in several instances across several message boards and articles and, as Himanuts put it simply, the Sea Ponies are indeed going to make an appearance in an upcoming book; something I'm actually very excited about being a fan of the G1 animated series. Furthermore, your synopsis sounds like a generic rip-off of the Crystal Empire two-parter. I see nothing creative or innovative about this at all, but I am appreciative of your input nevertheless.

You do not have to be rude about it! I didn't see it as a ripe off what so ever! First off since when did the Crystal Empire deal with Earth Quacks caused by a Sea Monster or perhaps a Sea Dragon?! There for it was not a ripe off of the Crystal Empire! Secondly I never knew that the Sea Ponies were ever mentioned in returning to the My Little Pony Universe! Not everybody keeps up with the whole My Little Pony Universe, not every adult that likes the show is a My Little Pony brony some of us are single or married mothers who watch the show with their kids! 

I've always heard about sea ponies....I don't mind wether ythey're canon or not, but this is a pretty clever idea! Sounds good, although maybe the show wouldn't include it. Plus, I kinda can't imagine sea ponies in the style of the show. They can I bet, but...eh. But don't get me wrong, this is still a great idea! Keep it in mind! ;)

If handled well I don't have a problem with it. Thats the key thing for anything in this show. If you had asked me how I felt about cartoon ponies almost two years ago I would have said "dont want" That is obviously not the case now. I seem to remember that Lauren Faust never planned on it but had no advesity towards them, so they were always an unlikely possibility.

Edited by Anadu Kune