Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So I learned a few people know I'm a brony.

DoctorWhovian1902

Here's the story: I'm at lunch with a few friends of mine, and while having a discussion and joking around, one of them responded (what sounded like) "Shut up Bernie". I was confused and couldn't figure out what he meant, and when I asked, he said "I'm making fun of you for liking My Little Pony." At this I kind of laughed and said, "Oh, for the record, we're called 'Bronies'". He said that was what he said and that he was just congested.

Okay, laughs over. Then things got...less than positive.

I'm explaining that more males watch the show than females, and one of them says that that is the saddest thing ever, and that she'd see some friends of hers watching it and asked "why they were wasting their lives watching My Little Pony". The other friend then added that it was a waste to watch something with a rating for little girls.

How either of them found out about it is beyond me, but things haven't gone well since. I encouraged them to watch the show, saying it was different now, but it was no avail.

Well, that's my story for the day. Thoughts?

• Brohoof 7

Time and patience is the answer. Most bronies start with hating the show and then slowly loving it. Just give them time and don't be too annoying when it comes to the encouraging.

Dont try and force them into anything (one thing most outsiders hate about Bronies they know), maybe go along with the jokes as it would most likely make any teasing easier, and dont show that it bothers you as it will most likely get worse. but have faith that if they watch it and love it (which they will).

BUwYr.jpg

Haters gonna hate.

You made them feel insecure about their own masculinity, so they lashed out at you. Just keep a positive attitude! This is what trying to troll a brony is like.

spongebob-gifs-punch_0.gif

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

If this doesn't describe what happens I think I might cry :L im sure if you keep telling them to give it a try they watch an episode or 2 and then they will start to love it! ^_^

The only difference is that I hardly ever bring the show up ever because it's always the topic of hate and mockery around these people.

By the way, one of these friends, a girl, saw the older gens of MLP and that's what she's based it off of. What would you have said to that person?

Edited by whoovesfan7698

The only difference is that I hardly ever bring the show up ever because it's always the topic of hate and mockery around these people.

By the way, one of these friends, a girl, saw the older gens of MLP and that's what she's based it off of. What would you have said to that person?

You should probably just try to explain thats its different to that as its a newer gen :D and as for the mockery beat them to the jokes and they wont be as funny :)

Well, they can't change your nature, and if they are true friends, they will accept you the way you are, there may be jokes about it sometimes, but it will be all in good fun! :)

It may not help you, but i'm just saying this as an personal experience.

• Brohoof 1

I have some friends who dont approve of me watching my little pony, but fortunatly they dont care about it either. All their "attempts at trying to stop me from watching can be brushed off as jokes. And i troll them back just as hard by throwing clop pictures in their faces when they get a little out of hand (not that i clop but i found its usefull ammunition against my friends) not that i recomend you using clop to try and get some really disaproving people to stop bugging you about it.

Don't let it get to ya. If they keep going on about it being a waste of time, point out that it's actually quite well written, and certainly no more a waste than the sitcoms/talk shows/etc. that a lot of adults watch for entertainment. Most of all, just keep being an awesome person. Not everyone has to like the show, but it's hard to deny the moral strength of this community. Something the world dearly needs right now, with so many people just going along with whatever the media/government/corporations/medical/school systems say.

• Brohoof 1

Don't throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them beneath their feet.

Don't try to "Educate" people who are clearly unwilling or incapable of understanding. They are set in there ways and trying to convince them will just make things worse.