Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What languages do you know or want to learn?

Mint Petal

I speak English natively and Dutch at a basic conversational level

I am getting rusty with my Russian,

I'm getting very rusty with french (which was taught at school)

And can basically only say "you eat bread and you drink water" and "hello, how are you" in romanian, 
"I don't speak Polish" and "hello" and "women" in Polish,

the others may break more

I know Russian natively and English at intermediate-advanced level

I'd like to learn German one day. Also I wanted to learn Chinese but this language is so different plus learning hieroglyphics

• Brohoof 2

Japanese sounds so funny to listen to, especially the acting in Animes, with all the little voice pitches up and down. If I learned Japanese, I would only talk like that

• Brohoof 2

I would like to learn Cajun French. It's practically a dead language now, and  since I'm part Cajun I think it'd be neat.   My grandma was a Cajun, but she never taught my dad the language because she was treated poorly for speaking French and didn't want the same to happen to my dad. 

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My first language is English. I took 3 years of Spanish in school, and I learned to speak Farsi/Pashto not long after. I haven't used them in years because I'm currently putting time and energy into Japanese, but surprisingly, they're still good. 

Once I'm done with Japanese, I might do either Korean or Mandarin so I can work as a translator. 

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to learn so many languages, mainly German, Dutch, Russian and Swedish, but also several more. I enjoy making characters and creating little stories, and it'd be fun to actually know the languages some of my characters speaks B)

• 2 years later...

I speak English as my native language and then I know some Spanish. Very strong emphasis on some. I used to be more proficient but lost it simply because I haven't practiced the language that much since I stopped taking Spanish courses about 2 years ago. Qué triste.