Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What do you want to learn in the future?

Dsanders

There’s several things I’d like to learn in the future, but I’ll name one: I’d like to learn how to become a good digital artist. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am really interested in computer science but sadly, now I don't have spare time to learn it. I am a college students and I waste all of my time writing those countless assignments. I am quite bad at writing so that's why I have to spend so much time on it. Wish I had some more money to use https://studymoose.com/ , that would solve the problem.

• 5 months later...

Learning new things is never hard to find... it’s just take ambition. And I for one wants to learn how to do animation or song production but never got the time or the energy to go for it. 

On 2/23/2016 at 6:13 PM, Thuja said:

I would like to master art, German and the sciences, biology, specifically.  I want to become a lab researcher one day.

I want to learn how to make my own clothing at some point.  Don't really want to go into the sciences anymore.

I really want to learn carpentry someday, or just general woodworking. I did dabble with it in school, and was pretty good at it, but I'd like to take it further and make it into a hobby rather than a profession. 

• Brohoof 1

I'd just like to continue learning how to fix vehicles. Working on my truck is a hobby of mine (an expensive one at that heh) but I'd also like to expand my knowledge under the hood of not just 2nd gens but also newer cars and trucks. 

I would love to learn in playing video games more professionally. I love playing video games from time to time. It's always been a dream to try and become a pro gamer and competing in tournaments like EVO. 

I would also love to learn how to play the guitar. I remember winning a guitar at a charity auction at this years Bronycon. I haven't played a guitar before, but it sounds like a lot of fun, in my opinion. 

I’ve already replied to this before, but I’m still determined to learn a language (Japanese at the moment, and then German if I’m still alive when I get around to it). I also want to put all my short stories into a single volume book.  

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Unity. I want to do a videogame one day.

Learn how to program stuff. Always wanted to do that but life circumstances sent me another direction. A less fulfilling one if I may ad.

Nahuatl. The language of my ancestors. I already know a bit of Latin and if I know nahuatl I can get a better understanding of many words we still use like normal but no one remembers what they mean. Also I could make a career out of it translating for nahuatl speaking communities.

LSM. Mexican Sign language. I just think is neat.

Use the sewing machine. I now how to do the patterns for plushies and I have done some. I'm good at it. But I do it by hand and I constantly forget how to use the sewing machine. I need to learn so I can do them much faster.

Write in Nexian. A made-up writing system based on a now dead videogame, reconstructed and adapted by me based on what was available. I know it's completely useless but it will be like my own secret language that only fellow nexians and cryptographers will be able to read.

Edited by Ittoni

On 10/18/2019 at 3:53 PM, The Demon said:

How to be a good person. :sunny:

Being a good person can be both relatively simple and terribly difficult.  It's a practice that you never really master in one lifetime but you sure as heck can make an effort, baby-steps.

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...
(edited)

Most of the things I've ever wanted to learn I kinda just did go learn, and then immediately moved on to something else. I'm a bit of a sponge that way.

But there are a few things that I only ever learned bits and pieces of, without getting good enough to really "do" anything with it before other things took priority:

• Spanish
  • Quantum mechanics (seriously: I have a textbook, I've read it, I get the basic concepts, but I never figured out any of the "real" math)
  • even more programming languages: Kotlin, Swift, Idris, F#

Okay, that might be the weirdest list I've posted on this forum yet. :adorkable:

Edited by Ixrec

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I want to improve my writing skills. I'm very inspired by people who write so that not one reader can't remain indifferent. I started with a book by Gary Provost" 100 ways to improve your writing". I like the author’s approach, it explains everything very clearly, and also gives a lot of examples and assignments, by completing which you can significantly improve your writing skills. I used to collaborate with many companies, reviews on them can be viewed on PickTheWriter. My main goal is to achieve such a level of professionalism as these guys have and I hope that once I improve my writing skills to the proper level.

Edited by OscarZullo