Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What languages do you know or want to learn?

Mint Petal

I know English and a bit of French. I don't remember very much of it though. It's been a while.

Edited by Cash In

• 1 month later...

I am interested in improving my English first and foremost.

I think getting to know some Spanish, German and French can be useful in general. Of course, learning one language to a good level is hard enough, so I really wouldn't make loud plans about it until I have a proper way to learn the language(s) I would find interested in learning. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I might wanna consider brushin up on my German, maybe.

Also might need to speak Turkish a bit more... it's my native tongue, and yet I struggle to find words sometimes. Then again, I struggle to find words in any language I do speak sometimes...

Mother tongue's Norwegian. By extension I understand Danish and Swedish through similar language patterns, grammar and syntax. That and we have been borrowing words from one another for hundreds of years and share a lot in common throughout history.

And then there's English, obviously. I'm more fluent in English than my own language.

I know a bit of Japanese as well, though not enough to make a full conversation. Which is also a language I would like to more properly learn to both speak and write.

I started learning German but gave it up after a while. Now I’m learning Japanese because I couldn’t find anything more ridiculously difficult. Maybe if I succeed the other languages won’t seem so daunting.

Someone asked me once if I spoke Jibberish (and I had never heard of the term before) so I said with a very straight face, “No, I don’t.” I must have looked like an idiot. (Yeah, I speak Stupid very fluently!)  

• Brohoof 1

I've taken some semesters in French. Still faarrrr from advanced, though.

I've casually began learning German through free programs. I only recently started that and don't know much beyond how to type/read basic phrases like "Ich bin eine Frau". lol

I know: Dutch - English
Trying to learn: Japanese, German, Korean <3 though that's still small..I can understand german by hearing as it's the neighbor country.
Flemish

• Brohoof 2

9 hours ago, Deerie said:

I know: Dutch - English
Trying to learn: Japanese, German, Korean <3 though that's still small..I can understand german by hearing as it's the neighbor country.
Flemish

I wanna learn dutch! 

• Brohoof 2

During my senior year of high school I took a world language course which taught Greek and Italian and during my Junior year I took Spanish I loved learning Greek it was such a beautiful language to me and I did end up forgetting how to speak it well all 3 languages due to well my memory is not the greatest, but I would like to learn Greek again.

I speak Turkish natively, and know a little bit of English (still struggling a lot with it). I'm a beginner in German (like really really beginner) but I apparently kinda quit learning it. Honestly I'm fond of all the languages and want to learn a little bit of everything but the first language I'd like to get into would be Russian. I looooove Russian literature and I would die to read my favorite books directly as they were written. :yay:

• Brohoof 1

I know a couple of computer languages like C, C++, Basic, Intel x86 assembler. ARM assembler. Hitachi SH-2 assembler. PowerPC assembler. Motorola 68000 assembler:Pharynx:

And I can read and write machine language directly. Back in the day I could write a program in Notepad that shut down the computer. It was fun to do that while in school. But it only worked on Windows 95 to Windows Me operating systems, that allowed that kind of things. :oh_golly:

(edited)

I know english and polish

I want to learn German, Russian, Japanese, and French.

On 3/31/2020 at 5:21 PM, Super Splashee said:

I know a couple of computer languages like C, C++, Basic, Intel x86 assembler. ARM assembler. Hitachi SH-2 assembler. PowerPC assembler. Motorola 68000 assembler:Pharynx:

And I can read and write machine language directly. Back in the day I could write a program in Notepad that shut down the computer. It was fun to do that while in school. But it only worked on Windows 95 to Windows Me operating systems, that allowed that kind of things. :oh_golly:

So if machines take over the world, would you join them?

Edited by Muffinnz
  • Brohoof 2

17 hours ago, Muffinnz said:

So if machines take over the world, would you join them?

We have already taken over..... Haven't you noticed? :oh_golly:

I am actually very bad at languages in general. Grammar is difficult for me. Computers do things in logical steps, and I find that much easier to deal with.

• Brohoof 1

Besides my native language german, I also can speak and write english, but not perfect. I also would like to learn spanish because I really like that language. 

I speak russian natively and english at intermediate level

I'm not really planning to learn any other language, my goal is to speak english fluently

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I only know English, but I'd like to learn Spanish, Russian, and Polish for these reasons:

Spanish because I live in Texas and the Spanish-speaking population is growing rapidly where I live.

Russian because I used to live in Kiev, Ukraine and I'd like to return.

Polish, because my ancestors are Polish and I just have a soft spot for Poland in general.

• Brohoof 1

I'd love to learn every language but realistically I'll probably mostly stick with Asian ones. I only know English but am currently learning Japanese. I took a Chinese class in high school and I'll get back to learning Chinese once I'm fluent in Japanese. I've also kinda tried to learn Norwegian for a short time but was really lazy about it and got nowhere. I definitely wanna eventually pick it back up though.

• 4 months later...