The Mane 6 and their nationalities

The Soldier

There's a problem here.<br /><br />I thought we were finding nationalities matching their personalities, but AJ is ALWAYS associated with South America based ON HER DIALECT ONLY.

No it's not.  Her entire persona is also entirely wrapped up in the image of the American Cowgirl.  The whole Cowboy/Cowgirl mythology is unique to the US.  I mean, how many Asians do you see perform in rodeos?

• Brohoof 2

No it's not.  Her entire persona is also entirely wrapped up in the image of the American Cowgirl.  The whole Cowboy/Cowgirl mythology is unique to the US.  I mean, how many Asians do you see perform in rodeos?

The mythology is.

The concept, behavior and code, aren't.

There are shepherds in all cultures. The idea of using competitions with wild beasts for entertainment, or to show your maturity, is not uncommon.

And believe it or not, the combination is also found in many cultures.

Edited by Feather Spiral

Well it depends on what we're baseing this off. but..

I think Rainbow Dash would be American, I dunno why he just always seemed US to me. And AJ is from US aswell I think, but south.

Rarity always seemed British to me.

Twilight would be Like Chinese or from Asia somewhere.

Fluttershy would be like... Um.. Maybe uh.. Idk I feel like she would just be some kinda tribe. Except it would be a nature loving tribe. Idk.

And Pinkie pie.. Uh.. I got nothing shes a freakin alien :P.

I suck at this sorry :P.

• Brohoof 1

Hm.  I'd probably put it like this:

Twilight Sparkle - China

Applejack - USA

Rarity - Italy

Fluttershy - UK

Rainbow Dash - Russia

Pinkie Pie - Jamaica

That's right, Jamaican Pinkie Pie.  Where else are they going to PAR-TAY all day except in the land of reggae, mon?

• Brohoof 2

Sure, here goes.

Twilight & Rarity: unicorn

Applejack & Pinkie Pie: earth

Rainbow Dash & Fluttershy: pegasi

That sounds about right.

It's official: species are the new nationality.

By the way, now I think of it, I'm guessing Twilight is Asian. Somewhere from Asia.

• 9 months later...

For Fluttershy, I just picture her as Japanese for some reason,  Rarity should be from some European country, Maybe England, Apple Jack should be from the Southern United States cause of her accent, Spike maybe, some European Country or A Country in North America, Princess Celestia, I just feel like sh e should be from Greece, cause of her name, King Sombra, Spain cause of his name, Fancy Pants, probably France, Fleur dis lee, again France cause of her name.

Edited by Flipturn

Twilight-Japan. She is modest, and intelligent. She cares about academics, and lives with a dragon. 

Rarity-France. That outfit she was wearing in "Becoming Popular (The pony everypony should know)" just screamed France to me. Also she's into Fashion, which seems to be a stereotype of the French.

Rainbow Dash-Russian. She is confident, and athletic. Also, I love the sound of her Russian voice (dub). 

Pinkie Pie-I'm not sure why but I can see her being from some Scandanavian country. 

Fluttershy-Canada. She is quiet, kind, and likes nature. 

Applejack-Southern USA. She has a large family, a southern accent, and is a farmer. 

Edited by Digital Tears

Why does everyone think Applejack sounds Texan?

Has no one ever heard accents of people from the Ozarks?

She sounds more Tennessean or Missourian to me.

Texas isn't the only Southern state guys.  Is it because she's a cowgirl?   :huh:

Rainbow Dash- USA...somewhere

Rarity - France or somewhere in Europe

Apple Jack - USA, Southern state or western

Twilight - USA  New England area 

Pinkie- USA- California or some big city

Flutters-.....Um she's hard...maybe...um...ok USA too

(Wow lots of USA, Sorry I'm not trying to racist or anything  :(  )

RD is definitely Texan, like, central Texas. Huge Air Force influence, plus they're all super independent.

Applejack is Georgian, trust me.

The others are all Canadian. O CANADA

I could probably take a guess at 'em. :)

Twilight: I'm gonna have to say that she would be either Chinese or Finnish. Chinese because of their huge focus on education and excelling grades/performance, and Finland because of their high graduation rate and high quality educational system.

Applejack: You all know what I'm gonna say: most likely American, more specifically Texan, although she could also be Japanese. She fits the whole country girl idea. I mean, she lives on a farm. I'm sure I sound like I'm simply going off of stereotypes, but as a Texan myself, both her lifestyle and personality fit pretty well, although I can assure you her accent is either over-exaggerated or that from another state(perhaps Tennessee, as many of you are suggesting). The reason I also included the possibility of being Japanese is that she has a huge focus on family, one of the more important aspects of life in Japan. They respect their family members, especially those who are older, and they're just flat-out a fairly family-based group of people(not that Texans aren't the same way, which we are to an extent).

Rainbow Dash: I can't really think of something on the spot, but I know a lot of you are suggesting Kenya for their athleticism. Most likely any country with a strong athletic focus and "can-do" attitude.

Fluttershy: I have to say somewhere in Africa, if only for her love for nature and animals. Africa is practically known for its exotic wildlife, with all kinds of animals and plants that Fluttershy would die to meet and see(respectively).

Pinkie Pie: Wow, this one is hard. Maybe Russian, or even Swedish? Someplace known for being outgoing and loud. In fact, she could probably be American, since the U.S. is the "melting pot" after all. Pinkie Pie's crazy nature fits the diversity of the United States' many citizens, so that might work.

Rarity: Definitely some European country, like Italy or something. Europeans are known to be pretty polite and neat for the most part, and some countries are very focused on fashion as well. Almost any European country would work for her.

When you said Fluttershy could be Japanese, I couldn't help but think of Numbah 3 from Codename: Kids Next Door.

Twilight Sparkle: Somewhere in northern Europe.

Applejack: American

Rainbow Dash: Canadian

Rarity: British/French

Fluttershy: Yeah, Japanese sounds about right.

Pinkie Pie: Um... German? I don't know...

Edited by Mars Brownie

An impossible question to answer, since, first they are animated horses dancing around and talking about friendship, second, judging one's nationality by their personality is well to put it bluntly, stereotyping,...so...yeah......oh and one thing that i find weird here is that everyone says aj's from texas,..now correct me if i'm wrong, BUT, wouldnt her nationality be american? Since as far as i know, texas isnt exactly an independant nation state....

I actually can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Not trying to be mean, by the way.

Not being sarcastic. There are a lot of German Mennonite communities where I live and a lot of them have sideburns like Pinkie's dad. Hope I didn't offend anyone.