Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something awesome Rarity did in Sweet & Elite

TailsIsNotAlone

I mean, besides be true to her friends and just generally BE awesome.

I've never seen anyone mention this moment before. But remember when that uncouth, countrified colt washing the windows recognized her from a "hoedown" ( oh, I HAVE to hear the story on that one) and embarrassed her in front of the upper-class couple she was talking to? ("Rarity, is that you?!" *falls*)

She could have just pretended not to know him. In fact, a LOT of ponies might have done that.

But instead? "Oh, yes! How are you?" Naturally this ruins any chance of her befriending the snobs. But she takes the disappointment in stride. Didn't even lash out at 'Hayseed' (fanon name?) for embarrassing her.

Rewatch that scene and tell me Rarity is shallow or not generous.

img-1168175-1-po314.jpg

• Brohoof 10

Oh i saw it. Its one of the many reasons why i like her character. (As in personality).

As I've said before she has humble roots but doesn't discard them in her drive for the status of class. And this scene proves that.

She's a lot of things but stuck up isn't one of them and it one of the many reasons why she's my favorite pony

• Brohoof 6

yeah i thought Rarity acted a little out of character but then i realized she was the element of generosity and generous people/ponies usually arent tools. i now think that rarity is a drama queen. it just goes to show you that you should always be proud of where you came from and who your friends are.

• Brohoof 5

Oh I don't deny she's a drama queen. She's also manipulative and narcissistic. Most of which I despise in a woman. Or anyone for that matter. But when it counts for something and when it gets right down to the nitty gritty, she will drop her guard and let the real Rarity show through.

May not last long but its there

Yeah, that was pretty cool of her to do, even though it was really nothing I guess it was something, and I guess it shows that Rarity won't forget where she came from or something, kinda. :P

Edited by SBB64
  • Brohoof 2

I honestly believe that Rarity has gone through some of the most character development, especially in the second season. That's why she's best pony. The fact that her behavior and appearance contradict her actual ability to be a generally good pony. I loved her in Sweet and Elite. I think it was one of her top moments, if not her best.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...