music Musical Confessions

Moog the Kvlt

So anyone here got any dirty secrets about their musical tastes?

You know all of those artists, bands, genres etc.

That people say suck but you don't find to be that terrible at all

For me it goes like this:

My Chemical Romance aren't all that terrible

They can actually make good lyrics

And they have half decent instrumentation

Sometimes their songs can sound half decent

But I still wouldn't wanna turn on their music

Slipknot definitely aren't as terrible as most people say

Surely they're not the best, but they aren't the worst

If someone were to put on a Slipknot song in front of me

Then I wouldn't mind it at all

But I definitely wouldn't wanna turn on any of their music

A7X aren't too bad, the lyrics that they write

Could use a little bit of improvement

And I'm not too big on their vocalist neither

but their instrumentation is quite nice

And it's alright to hear every once in a while

The last one I have is AFI

They actually are not the worst band out there

They can make pretty good lyrics actually

...Well sometimes they can, but most of the time

They don't have good lyrics at all

The only real major problem I have is their vocalist

And that they ruin themselves with their self image

Still though, I don't understand why they are so popular

And I won't wanna turn on their music

But I'd rather suffer through them than other bands out there

I don't like any of these bands

But they do have good qualities to them

That I think are worth keeping note of

• Brohoof 2

Basically what you said about My Chemical Romance is the same for me as well.

Also, some Blink 182 and other pop-punk is okay, although my friends always treated it like the worst music ever. Oh, and, though Nickelback isn't very good, they aren't as terrible as everyone says they are.

Basically what you said about My Chemical Romance is the same for me as well.

Also, some Blink 182 and other pop-punk is okay, although my friends always treated it like the worst music ever. Oh, and, though Nickelback isn't very good, they aren't as terrible as everyone says they are.

It's cool that I'm not the only one who thinks that MCR are terrible

Blink 183 were pretty good to listen to when I was around 10-12 years old

Though I still keep their greatest hits album in my room for some reason

Nickelback did make some good songs back when they first came out

But now they just need to retire if you ask me

• Brohoof 1

I think Anal Cunt is a good band that doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

I think Destruction is kinda overrated, Kreater and Sodom are much better. I've listened to Release from Agony and It's good but not great.

I think Pablo Honey is Radiohead's best album.

I like listening to The Smiths when I feel depressed.

When I was seven, I used to like Green Day.

Nine Inch Nails is the best kind of music to fuck someone to. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't listen to them much anymore, but when I was in grade school/high school, the band Simple Plan was one I could relate to a lot. These days, I listen to a lot of Switchfoot, Newsboys, Electronic music, and countless other rock bands. But Simple Plan will always have a place in my past. 

Especially the song untitled: I think they need to re-write and revamp the song to be against texting and driving, rather than drunk driving these days. 

• Brohoof 1

I think Pablo Honey is Radiohead's best album.

Pablo Honey is definitely not as bad as what people think

Though I wouldn't call it Radiohead's best album

Well here's another musical confession from me

I think that Radiohead's best album is Amnesiac

Nine Inch Nails is the best kind of music to fuck someone to. 

Well this actually makes a lot of sense

With tracks like Closer and Starfuckers Inc.

Yeah I think that they'd go well while you're doing it

I...haven't heard of any band mentioned here except for blink-182...

Uh, confession. Right. Dubstep is actually pretty good, and a lot of jazz (to me, anyway) sounds weak.

Sometimes Dubstep is good

I personally prefer stuff like

Skream, Datsik, and Zeds Dead

Dubstep songs that have more of a flow to them

I don't listen to them much anymore, but when I was in grade school/high school, the band Simple Plan was one I could relate to a lot. These days, I listen to a lot of Switchfoot, Newsboys, Electronic music, and countless other rock bands. But Simple Plan will always have a place in my past. 

Especially the song untitled: I think they need to re-write and revamp the song to be against texting and driving, rather than drunk driving these days. 

Simple Plan were a good band

Until their recent stuff

Which just sounds terrible

Though I agree that they have a place in my past

Even though I don't listen to them anymore

Since the first concert I saw was a Simple Plan one

Stupid, bubbly pop actually sounds quite nice to my ears. Half the time I don't even care what the lyrics mean in a song if I enjoy the sound, so I've been one to enjoy stuff like Call Me Maybe, which is immensely dumb, but...

I love that violin!

• Brohoof 3

Well, here is a confession I really hate to admit. I listened to this Justin Bieber song, and I actually liked it I think, either I was drunk or not. He has like only 1 good song, don't remember the name but it was the worst time of my life.

• Brohoof 1

Well this actually makes a lot of sense With tracks like Closer and Starfuckers Inc. Yeah I think that they'd go well while you're doing it

Dude have you heard Trent's cover of Queen's Get Down, Make Love?

Another song of his that would go good while you're doing it would be The Only Time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptvXhRKZTFk

• Brohoof 2

Stupid, bubbly pop actually sounds quite nice to my ears. Half the time I don't even care what the lyrics mean in a song if I enjoy the sound, so I've been one to enjoy stuff like Call Me Maybe, which is immensely dumb, but...

I love that violin!

Darn it! (Lol!) I didn't know that was the Karaoke version! You almost had me singing that song outloud in my room! (I questioned my sanity for half of second lol) But I agree, its' a catchy melody...just like Party Rock etc. 

Well, here is a confession I really hate to admit. I listened to this Justin Bieber song, and I actually liked it I think, either I was drunk or not. He has like only 1 good song, don't remember the name but it was the worst time of my life.

75571-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic

Nah I'm just kidding! We forgive you :D

• Brohoof 2

I love that violin!

Well I hate the way bubblegummy pop type music is

But I will admit that those artists do have quite good instrumentation

Really though, half of the pop artists out there would be more highly respected

If they didn't do such pop-ish type music, since they can make good instrumentation within their songs

To admit it there is a Rihanna song that I actually don't mind

Russian Roulette is a quite well done song

The lyrics aren't too bad at all, and the instrumentation is beautiful

And blends in well with the atmosphere that the song tries to make:

There are a couple of other songs that she does this very well

Edited by ScootaMoog
  • Brohoof 1

I frikken love A7X :P Shadows definitely has that distinctive raspiness in his voice, i can see how some people could hate it. I love it though, his screams are delightful.

Hmm, confession? My likes are pretty generic (Metalcore, dubstep, orchestral pieces, and even jpop XD. Anything good.)

I like Buckethead, there.

Edited by Reversalx
  • Brohoof 2

I'm a fan of Selena Gomez's music. I mean, I find her flawless and amazing. My favorite song from her is "Naturally".

Well, in fact, I kinda like music from Disney Channel, like the sountrack to their original movie Let It Shine. I'm not a HUGE fan, but like...the music tends to catch onto me every time I listen to them. It's really weird.

i mean, it just does!

I frikken love A7X :P Shadows definitely has that distinctive raspiness in his voice, i can see how some people could hate it. I love it though, his screams are delightful.

Hmm, confession? My likes are pretty generic (Metalcore, dubstep, orchestral pieces, and even jpop XD. Anything good.)

And I can understand why someone would like Shadows' vocals

If you're into those sort of raspy vocals

So the only major problem that I have is their lyrics

They just tend to sound too uncreative to my ears

The lyrics are simplistic, but not in a well done type of way

At least to me that is

And don't worry you're not the only person who doesn't mind hearing J-Pop music

Well I don't mean to sound like a jerk but, I fucking hate it when people say things like "Avenged Sevenfold is the Metallica/Iron Maiden of today".

Iron Maiden was a pioneer in the NWOBHM movement, they and other bands in the movement incorporated elements from punk, such as speed into metal.

Metallica (along with Slayer, Exodus and Overkill) was a pioneer in the underground thrash movement in the 80's.

Possessed and Death pretty much layed out the blueprints for death metal.

Napalm Death invented grindcore alongside Carcass who later became one of the first bands to play melodic death metal.

Venom was a huge influence towrds the develepment of thrash, death and black metal. Although, Bathory (In my opinion) invented black metal.

Later in the early 90's you got black metal bands like Mayhem and Darkthrone comming out of Norway, as well as bands from Sweden like At the Gates and Dark Tranquility who played melodic death metal.

Now that I'm done with my lecture I can tell you that A7x is just another band, they didn't pioneer a genre or invent one. Plus they stole Overkill's band logo.

overkill_logo.jpg

112271.jpg

Boy, does it feels good getting the metal elitist out of you sometimes.  

Keep in my mind, I'm not saying that you shouldn't be listen to A7x. You can listen to whatever you want.  

Edited by Neighvana666

I don't really have any to be honest, because I don't really see why I should feel bad about any of the music I listen to.

I guess someone like me should be "ashamed" to Black Vail Brides, The Used, and Cinema Bizarre, what with all the tr00 metal I listen to, but I really don't.

I guess the other thing I should be "embarrassed" about is the fact that whilst I generally don't really like Dubstep, I like a bit a Brostep. But again, I don't really feel bad about it at all.

• Brohoof 1

Well I don't mean to sound like a jerk but, I fucking hate it when people say things like "Avenged Sevenfold is the Metallica/Iron Maiden of today".

Iron Maiden was a pioneer in the NWOBHM movement, they and other bands in the movement incorporated elements from punk, such as speed into metal.

Metallica (along with Slayer, Exodus and Overkill) was a pioneer in the underground thrash movement in the 80's.

Napalm Death invented grindcore alongside Carcass who later became one of the first bands to play melodic death metal.

Venom was a huge influence towrds the develepment of thrash, death and black metal. Although, Bathory (In my opinion) invented black metal.

Later in the early 90's you got black metal bands like Mayhem and Darkthrone comming out of Norway, as well as bands from Sweden like At the Gates and Dark Tranquility who played melodic death metal.

Now that I'm done with my lecture I can tell you that A7x is just another band, they didn't pioneer a genre or invent one. Plus they stole Overkill's band logo.

Keep in my mind, I'm not saying that you shouldn't be listen to A7x. You can listen to whatever you want.  

Haha dont worry, im not one of those obsessive fanboys, i was merely stating that i like A7x (i know they didnt invent jack shit), as opposed to moogs's statement, nothing more. I mean yea, i like Metallica and Slayer just as much as the next guy. Interesting, never knew that logo was taken.

Oh, and thanks for the metal history, the more I know XD

What exactly have you heard from A7X? They have much better songs than the mediocre ones that are on the radio. If you want good A7X stuff, listen to Remenissions, Chapter Four, MIA, Eternal Rest, Radiant Eclipse, etc.

img-1175619-1-overkill_logo.jpg

img-1175619-2-112271.jpg

Who the fuck cares if they pioneered a genre or not? That doesn't make them a shitty band. And by the way, they didn't "steal" Overkill's logo, ever heard of a coincidence? And who cares if they have a similar logo as another band, that's such a stupid reason to hate on a band.

Also, just for your information, not everyone who likes A7X is a stupid ignorant fanboy, so please don't assume all of their fans are idiots. I know that A7X is nowhere near the most talented or greatest band out there, but that doesn't mean I can't like their music.

Why the hell do people like you insist on hating on bands you don't like? I swear all I've seen from you is hate comments towards A7X. All that does is make you look like a jerk. If you don't like A7X, that's perfectly fine, but there's no need to go around spewing hate.

(Sorry for ranting so much, I just can't go anywhere without seeing people hating on A7X and it's getting on my last nerves)

Edited by RainbowDash92
  • Brohoof 1

People find My Chemical Romance terrible? I was under the impression that they had a pretty decent following. I haven't heard anything since their Three Cheers For Revenge album but I've always liked them.

People find My Chemical Romance terrible? I was under the impression that they had a pretty decent following. I haven't heard anything since their Three Cheers For Revenge album but I've always liked them.

I personally love most of MCR's stuff. The Black Parade is an amazing album. In fact, I would say it's one of my favorite albums ever. You should check it out, it's much better than Three Cheers.

The only reason people don't like them is because they are like "lol they're emo lulz" and they don't even give the band a chance. 

Edited by RainbowDash92

The reason I love Three Cheers better is because it has more rock/metal sound to it than the first album which sounded much more indie. Plus Gerard's voice sounded pretty amateurish in the first one but was AMAZING in Three Cheers. If Black Parade improves on that then I'll definitely check it out.

So anyone here got any dirty secrets about their musical tastes?

You know all of those artists, bands, genres etc.

That people say suck but you don't find to be that terrible at all

For me it goes like this:

My Chemical Romance aren't all that terrible

They can actually make good lyrics

And they have half decent instrumentation

Sometimes their songs can sound half decent

But I still wouldn't wanna turn on their music

Slipknot definitely aren't as terrible as most people say

Surely they're not the best, but they aren't the worst

If someone were to put on a Slipknot song in front of me

Then I wouldn't mind it at all

But I definitely wouldn't wanna turn on any of their music

The last one I have is AFI

They actually are not the worst band out there

They can make pretty good lyrics actually

...Well sometimes they can, but most of the time

They don't have good lyrics at all

The only real major problem I have is their vocalist

And that they ruin themselves with their self image

Still though, I don't understand why they are so popular

And I won't wanna turn on their music

But I'd rather suffer through them than other bands out there

I don't like any of these bands

But they do have good qualities to them

That I think are worth keeping note of

It's funny that you named 3 bands that I like a lot lol (A7X, Slipknot, MCR)

Like I said, A7X's popular songs tend to be not that great most of the time. However, they have really great songs that are not as well-known.

In terms of Slipknot, I like their first 3 albums, but I don't care much for their 4th one.

When it comes to MCR, I love their 1st and 3rd albums. And I hate how people say they are for "emo" people, that's really stupid.

I only know 2 AFI songs, but I really like one called "The Boy Who Destroyed The World". It's very punk-ish.

Edited by RainbowDash92
  • Brohoof 1

It's funny that you named 3 bands that I like a lot lol (A7X, Slipknot, MCR)

Like I said, A7X's popular songs tend to be not that great most of the time. However, they have really great songs that are not as well-known.

In terms of Slipknot, I like their first 3 albums, but I don't care much for their 4th one.

When it comes to MCR, I love their 1st and 3rd albums. And I hate how people say they are for "emo" people, that's really stupid.

I only know 2 AFI songs, but I really like one called "The Boy Who Destroyed The World". It's very punk-ish.

Three Cheers For sweet Revenge = The greatest MCR album

A7X's songs are half decently written

The major problem with them is not the band itself

But the way they execute some of their songs

Half of their songs have nicely written lyrics

While the other half have basic structure to them

But the half of the songs that have nice, half decent writing in them

Get washed over by the way the song is structured

The lyrics can sometimes seem unfitting

Mostly within Gunslinger, which to me was their worst song besides Nightmare

Reminissions I'll admit had a pretty good lyrical structure

But still seemed to lack in it's whole musical structure