Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are the episodes becoming repetitive?

Princes  Cadance

This might just be me but I feel that a lot of more recent episodes feel really repetitive, I feel like there are only a limited number of lessons about friendship to be learnt, and everything else is just a slight variation from said lesson.

I feel like the show should have more variety in terms of events, at the moment it feels very limited as most of the show takes place in ponyville or around there and ponyville is relatively small. It would be nice seeing other places in equestria and maybe that will open up more variety in characters and their personality or different lifestyles. We could also see how different creatures live like we've seen dragons living amongst themselves, but that would also opens how more variety. Well atleast that's what I think.

Again this might just be me, but what do you think about it?

Well, a show can only run for so long before eventually dying, but this is something which EVERYONE says. Ultimately, it's true, but I don't mind. As long as I see my favourite ponies running around getting into all sorts of crazy shizz, then I'll be happy.

Also, remember that there are plenty of characters and that not every episode has to revolve around the same basic principle, we have character development, we got cliffhangers, we got lots of stuff, so I wouldn't worry. It's not getting repetitive, just hang tight and wait for what Hasbro has in store for us.

The Fact that their are six main characters, and many other side-main characters, there are many ways to develop each one alone, and with others. This gives the show an advantage so it will be able to run longer, unlike ones that only have a few main characters and only so many experiences they can have.

So I think some episodes may seam a lot like old ones, but I think we can count on the ability of their being many episodes before the show dies.

Eh I don't personally notice much, but I tend not to pay attention that much to that sort of thing.

I suppose technically there is only so much variety there can be in the show, but with 6 main characters and many side characters I think it'll be a little bit before the show gets repetitive.

And to be honest as much as I love the show I'm not to sure how much I'd care anyways :P.

I can see what you're saying. But I suppose they can mix and match now. Like with Spike episodes, the first greed lesson was about do not be greedy and exploit people. And the newer one (Just for Sidekicks) says don't let your greed get in the way of your responsibilities.

EDIT: Yes I do believe the episodes are getting repetitive not just in the way of lessons but for any attempted humor and references from past episodes.

Edited by poniesforfun

Their is some slight repetitiveness but I don't think it has gotten too out of hand, I think season 3 in a lot of ways feels like an intermission almost like a breather for something big and I will admit that they are taking a huge risk with the season finale that whether or not it pays off and I really hope it does time will tell.

Repetitive? Sure, that's why I like to see the status quo get shaken up and why I'm not quite to quick to condemn you-know-who getting you-know-what (if indeed that's still considered spoiler territory). Who knows? Maybe we'll get a solid plot arc or long-term villain or something in Season 4. Maybe Tartarus will open up and threaten to bury Equestria in a hundred feet of burning ash unless the Ponies can overcome the three ghostly forms of villains past and re-seal the Hellscape with the Magic of Friendship. Just so long as it doesn't turn into dating games, intra-party combat, and beach episodes.