157 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

(edited)

There are subliminal clues and hints within the show. I would be happy to write you a short essay on it. Its more of a conspiracy though.

She had a moment which Celestia considered to be evil, (they never really explain fully what she was upset about), Celestia, instead of looking at it as "its just my younger sister being a bit rebellious," obviously saw it as some sort of threat and gave her sister 1000 years of isolated prison. Not 10 years while she comes up with a plan; 1000 years. :P

She wanted to force ponies to notice her nights by making sure it would always be night, thus bringing unbalance the threat of starvation... of a life that would grow colder and colder as everything slowly died without the light needed for life.

This is not simply a "my younger sister being a bit rebellious" but a threat worse then any war as it could kill everyone because Luna used dark magic/allowed a dark force to overtake her and become 'somepony else', one calling herself Nightmare Moon.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

I think that Magical Mystery Cure was an awsome finale,

good animations (as always), awsome music, an awsome plot and the fact that twilight turned alicorn at the end,

I would give this episode 100/100 ;)

• Brohoof 2

minnyasig_zps2854c7ef.png

Thanks to @kaz for making me this sig!!

I keep finding more reasons to love this episode. :-) The sequence of scenes that get to me the most are during the True True Friend song. Starting with Rainbow Dash soaring into the sky as Rarity watches and she knows she's not alone anymore. Moving on to Rarity walking into her store to help Applejack and her magic flashing around and the determined look on her face and joy after making the dress. But I think the most touching scene is the look shared between Pinky and AJ as the later fixes the busted water shoot. Again, the smile as Pinky realizes she's not alone. The most emotional scene is, for me, when Celestia rises into the air and spreads her wings as Twilight ascends to meet her destiny. So good.

Edited by Nature Spell
  • Brohoof 6

Princess Twilight Sparkle: Princess of Friendship

Princess Luna: Princess of the Night

My short stories

Did anyone feel like this episode was like an episode and a half mashed together?

I mean the whole cutie mark dilemma was cool and all and so were the songs. However as soon as that's solved the Alicorn Twilight thing kind of came out of nowhere. It just didn't match up with what had happened with the rest of the episode and is out of place.

I think the Alicorn Twilight thing should have been it's own episode rather than combining it with this one.

• Brohoof 2

Did anyone feel like this episode was like an episode and a half mashed together?

I mean the whole cutie mark dilemma was cool and all and so were the songs. However as soon as that's solved the Alicorn Twilight thing kind of came out of nowhere. It just didn't match up with what had happened with the rest of the episode and is out of place.

I think the Alicorn Twilight thing should have been it's own episode rather than combining it with this one.

Maybe. One way to think about it is that MMC is just part 1 of a 3 part episode, so it's possible that parts 2 and 3 will balance out part 1. The pace of the episode was fast, but in a lot of ways it worked.

My short stories

Maybe. One way to think about it is that MMC is just part 1 of a 3 part episode, so it's possible that parts 2 and 3 will balance out part 1. The pace of the episode was fast, but in a lot of ways it worked.

Hmmm I see you point. I think that the songs were a good way to pace around the episode to move it forward. My only problem with the pacing (and the episode in general) was Twilight looking at a picture with her and her friends and then instantly knowing what to do.

Hmmm I see you point. I think that the songs were a good way to pace around the episode to move it forward. My only problem with the pacing (and the episode in general) was Twilight looking at a picture with her and her friends and then instantly knowing what to do.

I agree with you to a degree, but I think that's the point. It's a reminder of episode 1 when the Mane 5 appear and Twilight realizes, all at once, how much she needs her friends. That was the moment she found her element and in MMC the moment she began to trancend and became princess.

Edited by Nature Spell

My short stories

I'm sure people already said this but my thoughts on the episode is that it was too rush first of all. And how the Twilicorn came out of nowhere.  Also how there were 8 songs to fill up the time. One thing I do like in the episode was when Celestia got to sing for the first time. :)  

• Brohoof 3

f40kn7.png

By:Paradigm-Zero

Been a brony since Oct. 28 2011 (On year four)"I'm a member of the old guard."- Life Giver "If tears had flavor ones of joy would taste sweet while ones of sorrow would taste sour."- Life Giver "My only purpose is to serve the holy light. "-Life Giver

I thought this episode was really mashed together at the last second. They tried to fit all of what should have been a two part episode into one episode (I understand why but still).The creators just wanted to match up to the season openers and season enders that they've had in the past. Filled with memorable songs, dramatic twists and a situation that effects the rest of the series as it expands further. My personal belief even before I watched the episode was that, they expected all of the bronies to get caught up in the hype rather than the actual episode. I remember going home that day just as it was coming on shouting to my friends, "Hurry we're going to miss the Princess Coronation aka the biggest moment of my life!" and then once the episode ended "Eh."

To sum it up, I think that this episode had really great potential, and I think many would agree with me. The potential was misused and that was truly the episode's, if not the season's, downfall. If I had anything to suggest if they were to try again it would be to add more dialog and less singing. (I love the songs in MLP FIM don't get me wrong).  

• Brohoof 1

I really like the music numbers. I have them stuck in my head. My favorite was A True True Friend. What did everyone else think?

So true. My older brother won't stop singing it awhile after the episode came out. It also won't stop playing in my too. And speaking of it... *take a deep breath* A True, True Friend helps a friend in need. A friend will be there to help them see~

• Brohoof 2

f40kn7.png

By:Paradigm-Zero

Been a brony since Oct. 28 2011 (On year four)"I'm a member of the old guard."- Life Giver "If tears had flavor ones of joy would taste sweet while ones of sorrow would taste sour."- Life Giver "My only purpose is to serve the holy light. "-Life Giver

I luckily avoided all of the spoilers and what not, but after finally finishing it, WOW.

The episode at the start seems to be nearly rushed (still good) Then when it got to the end, I was beyond surprised, it was a amazing moment, the whole episode was great including the musical numbers, defiantly my second favorite episode! (Bridle Gossip being favorite).

Really can't wait until season 4!! :D

/)* Hasbro

6WHdeIU.png

~I'm sorry if I don't succumb to your Stereotypes~

Skype me, I'm always on (: ~n.wynne3~

I Loved Magical Mystery Cure, though I wish it was a two part episode(to build suspense) but either way it was great, this may seem odd but I personally liked the very dark depressing song, it made it seem less of a girly show and a much more in depth show, it really did a number on me cause of the bond I built with these characters.

What will Twilight be the princess of? Will she get a territory like Cadence, or have an important object (Sun, moon, possibly magic, friendship, etc.) I am currently neutral about Alicorn twilight, but maybe the rest of the mane six might become alicorns too?

Well based on what is shown in the book Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell it shows that Twilight will be staying in Ponyville by her choice, relying on her friends to help her adjust to her new situation as a princess.

Also, Twilight Sparkle had always been intended to be Celestia's successor as said by Lauren Faust... yet she then clarified by saying not a princess which makes me wonder because what is it the successor of a princess but a princess-to-be?

Edited by EquestrianScholar

Did anyone else thought that there was too many songs in this episode? Don't get me wrong, the songs were great, but they also distracted me from the actual episode. 7 songs in a 22 minute episode is too much for me to withstand.

• Brohoof 1

I seem to be the only one who didn't feel like the episode was rushed.  Even people who like the episode thought it was too fast paced.  I thought the episode was fast, but not TOO fast.  It's not really a super complicated show or anything, I could keep up.  I really enjoyed getting swept away as each new segment of the episode came to be.

• Brohoof 1

I love you.

I seem to be the only one who didn't feel like the episode was rushed.  Even people who like the episode thought it was too fast paced.  I thought the episode was fast, but not TOO fast.  It's not really a super complicated show or anything, I could keep up.  I really enjoyed getting swept away as each new segment of the episode came to be.

I don't think that it was too fast-paced, but rather much of the Cutie Marks swapping seems like it could of been adapted into a two-part episode without a loss of quality within the episode. The idea of a mane six's Cutie Marks swapping is just an interesting storyline they could of expanded upon much more, but instead we got an episode with a rather condensed feeling to it. 

I seem to be the only one who didn't feel like the episode was rushed. 

I do not feel like the episode was rushed.  I think that it was great just the way they did it.  

And I have said it before - I bet if it had been two episodes, people would have complained that it should have only been one.

• Brohoof 1

cmxKh.gif

I do not feel like the episode was rushed. I think that it was great just the way they did it.

And I have said it before - I bet if it had been two episodes, people would have complained that it should have only been one.

I agree. I've read analysis of the episode that argues that the pacing was spot on. Rather than drag the show on, and add lots of filler scenes, the writers made it compact and information dense. The songs were used to move the show along and provide information/emotion quickly and with the least BS. I reference this guy a lot but he makes good points. Warning he has a thing for salty language.

http://youtu.be/6rCAfv29g_A

Edited by Nature Spell
  • Brohoof 1

My short stories

i am very excited about what she does in season 4.twilight is and forever will be my favorite pony. i really wanna see what she gets to rule. 

• Brohoof 2

twilight_sparkle_signature_by_telimbo-d5

Reach for the stars, even if you fail at least you'll land on the clouds.

Gotta admit, its remarkable how much I hate this episode, they pretty much made Twilight an Alicorn in the worst way imaginable. The episode might as well been Celestia from out of nowhere tackling Twilight and forcfully turning her into an Alicorn and then saying afterward "its your destiny".

I respect Twilight too much to enjoy this episode.

This song had some really, really bucking awesome songs in it. It kind of makes up for the fact that it felt rushed for me. Oh yeah, my favorite pony became an alicorn too, thats another plus!  ^_^

post-8308-0-79770000-1395439789.png

Credit for the signature goes to Kyoshi

Oh yeah, my favorite pony became an alicorn too, thats another plus!  ^_^

Ha Ha.  Pinkie Pie did not really become an alicorn.  She was just dressed up like one.  See?

20130217102514!Pinkie_Alicorn_Party_Decl

I'm just kidding around.  Twilight is awesome. 

• Brohoof 1

cmxKh.gif