Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Human Spinoff?

Splodge Inks

I don't know how many of you know, but some people are creating a show of MLP where the Mane 6 go in to a portal to the Human World, and get transformed into humans.

To me, it seems a bad idea, I heard it was so the Mane 6 could also be Barbie Doll type things. Maybe the show would be called "My Little Human". :P  No, but seriously, just to make them Barbies dosen't sound much of a deal. I would like to see it, it may change my mind and I have seen the concept art... They all wear skirts, which is weird, because Rainbow Dash probablty doesn't like skirts as she is the sporty on of the group and hates that sort of thing.

Does anyone else know much about it? I would really love to see your views and any more infomation I may have left out! ;)

Thanks in advance!

The idea itself is pretty interesting, and it's good that it's only a spinoff with absolutely no correlation with FiM, so in case if it ends up sucking, we don't even have to pay any mind to it.

There has been A LOT of hatred and pessimism towards this idea, but I kind of like it. It puts the Mane 6 in a whole new environment, and that's a good idea, especially if it's in the HUMAN world!

• Brohoof 1

The idea itself is pretty interesting, and it's good that it's only a spinoff with absolutely no correlation with FiM, so in case if it ends up sucking, we don't even have to pay any mind to it.

There has been A LOT of hatred and pessimism towards this idea, but I kind of like it. It puts the Mane 6 in a whole new environment, and that's a good idea, especially if it's in the HUMAN world!

Huh, never really thought about it that way... Thanks! I'd like to see if it sucks eggs or not! Still, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic will forever be my favourite show!

I don't know how many of you know, but some people are creating a show of MLP where the Mane 6 go in to a portal to the Human World, and get transformed into humans.

To me, it seems a bad idea, I heard it was so the Mane 6 could also be Barbie Doll type things. Maybe the show would be called "My Little Human". :P  No, but seriously, just to make them Barbies dosen't sound much of a deal. I would like to see it, it may change my mind and I have seen the concept art... They all wear skirts, which is weird, because Rainbow Dash probablty doesn't like skirts as she is the sporty on of the group and hates that sort of thing.

Does anyone else know much about it? I would really love to see your views and any more infomation I may have left out! ;)

Thanks in advance!

Its call "Equestria Girls"

That's practically all we know about it besides what they will possibly look like. I don't really mind the idea. It doesn't affect the show at all so we don't even have to care about it. But I think it will interesting. I'm not going to be pessimistic and say it will be terrible. It definitely an interesting idea. I don't know, we'll see.

Oh wait also i believe they are starting the series off with a TV movie. I think. I know there is going to be a movie of some sort.

But that gives me an idea. If they start as ponies... wouldn't that mean MLP:FIM VAs are gonna voice them? are they gonna voice 'em when they are human? Or will somehow their voices change when they change?

• Brohoof 1

Its call "Equestria Girls"

That's practically all we know about it besides what they will possibly look like. I don't really mind the idea. It doesn't affect the show at all so we don't even have to care about it. But I think it will interesting. I'm not going to be pessimistic and say it will be terrible. It definitely an interesting idea. I don't know, we'll see.

Oh wait also i believe they are starting the series off with a TV movie. I think. I know there is going to be a movie of some sort.

But that gives me an idea. If they start as ponies... wouldn't that mean MLP:FIM VAs are gonna voice them? are they gonna voice 'em when they are human? Or will somehow their voices change when they change?

Ah, OK, a TV movie, I knew there was gonna be a movie, I didn't know whether it was just a movie or a TV series. I just hope it is OK, I'd like to see it. Does anyone know the date it comes out? 

• Brohoof 1

So wait a minute. When you say show, do you mean it's actually going to be on TV? Like on the Hub? Honestly, I don't know how good it'll be. I mean, spinoffs usually don't turn out very well.

Ah, OK, a TV movie, I knew there was gonna be a movie, I didn't know whether it was just a movie or a TV series. I just hope it is OK, I'd like to see it. Does anyone know the date it comes out? 

So wait a minute. When you say show, do you mean it's actually going to be on TV? Like on the Hub? Honestly, I don't know how good it'll be. I mean, spinoffs usually don't turn out very well.

Its gonna be a Spinoff series. Starting with a movie. Then I THINK becoming a TV show. MAYBE. It might just be small shorts. I don't know. But yes it will be on the HUB. And no, no one knows when it will come out.

Edited by AnonBrony
  • Brohoof 1

Nothing that I am about to type has been confirmed other then the title. As far as I know Equestria girls is going to be a tv show similar to mlp (once a week and about 20 minuets per episode). Its a spin off so it is not going to affect mlp, Its made by hasbro and shares some animators and writers with mlp (apparently) all we know about the story is the mane 6 are sent to earth and become humans to "take on a new mission" Thats it unfortunately as for when its coming out I read somewhere that it will be out in spring 2013 witch basically means any time from 20th march to 20th june. As for the tv movie I cant find any information on it other then it is aimed at a teen audience and also set for release this year. 

Edited by mycarhasaMoustache

Since it is only a spinoff even if it goes badly the worst that will happen is that it will just go down another in a long list of crappy spin offs of good shows. But since there are many directions they could take this and there is more we don't know than what we do know it might actually be a decent show.

If it is aimed at a teen audience, makes me wonder what the dialog is going to be like? I hope that they don't make the girls sound crude or anything of that nature (especially when it comes from the original voice actors)

If it is aimed at a teen audience, makes me wonder what the dialog is going to be like? I hope that they don't make the girls sound crude or anything of that nature (especially when it comes from the original voice actors)

I highly doubt they take that kind of risk, it may be a spinoff but there are still some things they can't do and language and sexual content and pretty good examples of those things as that would create a controversy that would dwarf even the Derpy one. Though since it does seem to be aired more at teens I think we will likely see more stories revolving around romance.

There are Fanfics of this, I know there is! I just can't remember the name!  :angry:​  Well, nevermind, at least spin offs don't do anything to the original (Thanks guys for saying that it won't harm MLP, because if it did, I would just about explode.  ^_^

I don't really care either way. It doesn't affect the actual show, and I'm probably not going to watch it, not because I dislike the idea, but rather because I'm too lazy to go out of my way to watch it. Anyway, I'm far more concerned with the return of Teen Titans and the Powerpuff Girls, and that far outshines this show. All of that being said, this show's plot sounds like a bad fanfic, to be honest.

• Brohoof 1

Well, to be honest, I don't really know why they are created a spin off in the first place. I didn't really know spin offs existed until I saw "Equestria Girls".  Shows that I go outside alot. And anyways why do people and companies like Hasbro want to make spin offs? Doesn't Hasbro think they reel in enough money with the shows they got? Even with MLP: FiM?

personally, I think tehy should be in their own world and still have their wings and horns and stuff, because that's what makes them unique! I really like this video by Chanokun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aqk7c9jhNo

he draws them so like their pony selves. i think that hasbro should hire him and his crew to do Equestria Girls.

• Brohoof 1

its made by hasbro 

so its not the writers idea

but luckily its a spinoff so it wont be cannon

like fallout "tactics"

in all ways i will not be watching that version

"Friendship is Magic" was also made by Hasbro. Do you think it just sprang up, and Hasbro ran over and stole it? Hasbro commissioned the show to be made and paid Lauren Faust a huge amount of money to create it and the characters we all came to love. Now they have commissioned "Equestria Girls" (actual title) to be made. As for the design art floating around? That has pretty much already been shown to be fake. Why not wait for the show to actually air before you hate it? It will have no bearing on season four. It is a separate show meant for slightly older girls. It IS NOT aimed at the Brony fandom.

Well I don't know how this will turn out.

First off it's a spin-off so it won't affect the FIM series.

Second, we don't know how things will turn out.

Here is what I am going to do.

For now I do nothing about the subject. Then I watch the trailer(s) and get an idea l what it may be like. I create some idea of what the show may or may not be like. I watch an episode or two depending on how they present it as a one-parter or two-parter.

Then and only then will I make a decision if the show is good or bad or decent.

The show may be decent enough for us to watch. It may be that we actually enjoy this spin-off series, you never know.

Either that it the show will be horrible enough to go down in our fandom's history of something we never want to mention again.

Either way only time will tell.