Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So yesterday I a made a topic about ponies you have overlooked which you can see here

http://mlpforums.com/topic/50940-anypony-you-overlooked/

and I figured why not make its opposite were there any ponies you loved from the start? There are a lot of ponies I liked from the beginning but 4 in particular come to mind and they are Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Luna and Derpy and a certain Draconoquis that loves to cause chaos.

Applejack: I like characters that shoot straight from the hip and tell it like it is and you certainly get that in a charming cowpony package with Applejack. She became my favorite pony pretty much since I started watching the show.

Pinkie Pie: Pinkie Pie has always made me laugh and it is very hard no to like a character that can do that because of this when I first started watching she became my second favorite pony but has moved down on my list not because I like her any less but because I have gotten to like some other characters more but she still enjoys a pretty high spot on my list at #3.

Luna: I can't say that I fell for Luna exactly from the start because she really didn't start to get going as a character until Luna Eclipsed in that episode I saw somepony who struggled to fit in and readjust to society after being gone for 1000 years in other words I saw a lot of myself when I was growing up. This brought her though I didn't stress this on the forums as much to being tied with Applejack for best pony.

Derpy: Before I started the friend that introduced me to ponies told me about the Derpy controversy and when I eventually watched the original version of the episode on youtube I was extremely angry because I felt like a great character was sabotaged because of a simple misunderstanding without really being given much of a chance to make it right. Even as a Derpy fan I can admit that it could have been handled better but I recognized and still do the great teaching opportunity that Derpy presents to those who are seen by society as different.

Discord: It was hearing about this guy that finally convinced me to watch this show and though I cheated and watched the Return of Harmony 2 parter before the other episodes I watched all the others in order. I may not have been completely sold on the show yet but once I saw him I just had to know if every episode was really this good and though not every episode is as good I found even the more mediocre episodes enjoyable.

• Brohoof 6

I've always loved Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle. Pinkie as never failed to make me laugh or put a smile on my face. And Twilight, because well, she has some great lines as well, And she's a Unicorn. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Trixie. Trixie was and always shall be best pony. I've also always loved Rarity. My other favorite, Pinkie, is my only fave that's more recent.

Characters like Pinkie Pie and Applejack, I loved straight off the mark. Actually, for a few days after I first watched the show, Applejack was a fierce contender for favourite pony spot, just because of the great impression I got from her from the first four episodes. 

Characters like Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy I didn't appreciate at the beginning (second least favourite and least favourite respectively for a while), but they quickly became second favourite and joint third favourite respectively after Read It And Weep and Putting Your Hoof Down... respectively. :)

• Brohoof 2

I liked Applejack, Fluttershy, Twilight and Scootaloo from the beginning, although not nearly as much as I later would. Flutters was actually my second favorite character for most of Season 1. Scootaloo won me over with her entrance with Sweetie Belle. Scoots caught my attention more somehow.

And of course the most dramatic examples are with Dashie and Discord. After Rainbow's first scene my half awake mind went (talking to myself) "See that one? That one right there. That is the best freaking character in the entire show."

As for Discord, I heard about him on TV Tropes before I watched any episodes with him, but his scenes certainly didn't disappoint. Instant best villain.

Oh, and Luna. I got involved with the fandom for the first time after I finished season one. "What? There are loads of other people who watch this?" Anyway, until I watched Luna Eclipsed I kept wondering why everyone loved Luna so much. My question was answered, and she's been one of my favorites ever since :)

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 2

I immediately loved Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Twilight Sparkle from the very start. 

Probably because they all have character traits I have. Honesty, Intelligence, and Randomness. :3

Edited by Hazmat Headcase Hero
  • Brohoof 1

I loved Fluttershy immediately from her introduction, and it wasn't until the first Fluttershy centered episode (Dragonshy) that I was convinced of the greatness of this show. I'm still not sure if its because of  my "favorite pony bias" or if Dragonshy really is better than the first six episodes.

Fluttershy has always been my favorite pony. The only ponies who have ever changed in my rankings are Twilight and Rainbow. Twilight is my 3rd favorite, Dash is my 5th.

• Brohoof 1

My two that i have always loved are Rarity and Luna but kind of torn on who i like more.

Luna and i have a lot in common. Both still trying to make amends for things weve done.

Even though Rarity would drive me nuts if she were a real woman. She strives to be better without sacreficeing her integity which is something i can respect

Well, I liked Pinkie as maybe my second favorite, I just considered her the random spontaneous character every show seems to have, but she just grew more on me on the next episode.

Her and Rarity are the characters I've always loved.

I've always loved Pinkie ever since I started watching FiM. I didn't find out about Derpy, my other favorite, until later- it took me a while after I started watching the show to get involved in the fandom. I loved the CMC from the start, too. Hmm... I guess pretty much the only ponies I like now who I didn't like as much at first were some background ponies, like Lyra and Bon-Bon. I didn't see what everyone saw in them at first- Derpy was honestly the only background pony I cared about. That's changed, however.

In conclusion: I love everypony!

Edited by Derpular
  • Brohoof 1

I knew I liked Pinkie Pie from before I even watched my first episode because one of the things that got me watching was a Pinkie Pie compilation video :). I automatically liked Fluttershy from her very first moment in episode 1, and I liked Rainbow Dash because she was a tomboy speaking against the annoying girly stereotypes that people have come to associate with MLP (and rightly so, looking at G3)

• Brohoof 1

I loved Fluttershy before I even watched the show technically, as she was the first charactor I saw clips of from the show and then I liked it and watched more of her, and then I finally decided, eh why not watch the show, I saw her first lines and I was like yep still like her :D.

So yeah I've liked her from the start. To be honest the only pony I can think of I didn't like from the start was Rarity, I guess I only really "loved" Fluttershy from the beginning, but the others grew on me pretty fast to.

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 1

The one that springs to mind instantly would be Fluttershy. The shy squeak she did during her introduction was one of the major elements that dragged me back to watching the show and actually becoming a brony or whatever.

Other than her, Luna. After her being purged and becoming an adorable little co-ruler I had always wanted to see her again. I kept on hoping but it never happened. She ended up being forgotten about by my favourite list. She then returned of course and shot straight back to her rightful spot.

Pretty much all of the others had to earn their place :P

The ones that left the strongest impression on me from the beginning are probably Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Rarity.  I loved Pinkie's randomness; she's basically a character straight out of Looney Tunes.  I liked Applejacks' straightforward friendliness, and though it took a while for her to become my favorite, I liked the fact that Rarity wasn't the stereotypical evil snob but was actually very nice.

The ponies that I loved from the beginning were Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight. I liked Applejack since the 1st episode, but when I saw Rainbow Dash I thought to myself ''A very awesome pony right there.'' But, right now my list is starting to change. But, I still like Applejack though.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm... If anyone can't tell, Discord is best draconequis... Let's list:

Twilight Sparkle: She has many of the flaws that I have; perfectionist, book worm, nerd, ect.

Pinkie Pie: Around my friends, I am just like her, and her randomness is something I admire. At first, though I didn't really like her because I thought she was kinda dumb. DON'T KILL ME YET! Because after a few episodes, I realized I loved her and her never-ending comedy act.

Fluttershy: Around all people I don't know and large crowds, I am just like this adorable little pegasus. I also love animals just as much as her. She was an insta-fave pony for me and has remained so since.

Applejack: I'm still trying to place her exactly on my personal likeable scale, but for the most part, I love her. The thing is, I don't really connect with her very well, so that's why I have such a hard time liking her. 

Rarity: At first, I didn't like her, cause she was such a diva and such, but now I really love her.

RD: I really didn't care for her at first, because I thought she was really mean. Then, I realized that I love to win things as much as she does!!! Now she's my second fav pony.

Discord: This amazing draconequis got me into the fandom, mostly from the fandom-famous song by Tombstone, Discord. Now, I love both versions of the song equally, but I will always have a soft spot for this fun-loving, cynical, strange-looking creature. #1 Fave Character!

Right from the beginning? Applejack! She's exactly the kind of person (uhh....pony, I suppose) that I would love to have as a friend - honest, straight-to-the-point, helpful and reliable. She's a simple but very smart and stable character, and I really do respect those types of personalities. That, and she's pulled straight outta G1. That kinda gave me a bit of a biasfor her, right there :D

• Brohoof 2

Rarity! Admittedly  I had read up on the series a bit before first watching, but from her introduction, with how focused she was on her work, I knew I'd like that character. Sure I don't talk about her much anymore because the writers never give me any material except for Charlotte Fullerton WHO SHOULD WRITE MORE EPISODES BY THE WAY, but I was a pretty reasonably big Rarity fan back in Season 1 before I found out how awesome Applejack and Rainbow Dash were. She never came across as shallow to me; just interested in her passion, and a true artist. 

• Brohoof 2