Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Equestria Divided Roleplay

GreyScholar

House Stormwing - Cloudsdale/The Everfree Forest

Cloudsdale had not seen war in years, the last rash assault made by the fools in Earthborn. Rest assured it was over quickly. But now this was on a whole new scale; Parasprites consumed all in their wake and ferocious pegasi from the forests of Everfree harassed the defences. Spitfire rallied to her all the strength she could muster, no less than 2000 Pegasi stood at the ready. Hoplite phalanxes took formation along the walls; Heavy Lancers took to the sky and began to bring down the Wildings. On the ground Earth Troops began to assault the ground forces, Thetes and slaves moving in under Stromwing’s banner.

Wing Commander Soarin’ took flight with his formation of Sky Chariots, brutal and hard hitting. They managed to cast lighting at the swarms of Parasprites, scours falling to its devastating attacks. With throwing spears and iron shield at hoof, the forces of Storming began to fight back.

Rainbow on the other hoof was long away from the battle, with but twenty guard under her command and a small band of scouts. When the falcon arrived with word from Commander Spitfire, she instantly moved to counter. “We have to go, now! Everfree have launched an assault on Cloudsdale. Slippery gits. Scootaloo, take your company and head north as fast as your wings will carry you. Don’t stop until you get back.”

The orange pegasus gave a quick salute and then called her company to her side. “Okay guys, we’ve done okay so far, let’s get back and save our city.”

“If we make it back in time.” Star Keeper mumbled under his breath. “If there’s even a city left to save.” In quick succession they took off, setting off north, back home. Commander Rainbow Dash looked on as they flew out of sight, her guard now ready to depart also. They had lingered in the halls of Everfree for too long and gained nothing. They would pay for what they’ve done, for their stupidity. And here now within Fluttershy's dining hall sat ponies who must be dear to her. Rage was now the only thing that seemed to fuel her next decision, a chance lying before her.

“Soldiers…  kill them.”

(OCC: Just in case I wasn't clear, everypony in the dining hall is now being targeted by some pissed of Stormwing soldiers. Have fun.)

Edited by The-Master

@,

Rain put his foreleg around Fluttershy, then stood up tall and stared at the ent. Inside he felt terrified but chose not to let it show. "I will follow Lady Fluttershy to the ends of this world. If she trusts you and your plan. I will fight for you...but." He said, letting Fluttershy lean against him for support.

He mentally agreed to be Fluttershy's consort and help her with anything she needs...just speaking to the Everfree liege has made her weak, and he knew that she needed help. "I do have one thing I must say...when you speak to Fluttershy, I have noticed how tired and weak she becomes...its not good for her my liege, I know we must stay in contact with you...but is there perhaps some other way ?" He asked, knowing that this was probably a stupid question and it could possibly get him into trouble, but Rain was beginning to feel as if...he needed to protect Fluttershy, and if that meant getting into trouble with The Everfree liege, than so be it.

Wind...was still in her sell...still singing...still rattling the chains...but she was STILL getting nothing out of the guards, she stopped for a moment, then..."AND I SAID THAT HE WAS A POTATO FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE." She screamed, at the top of her lungs, rattling the chains even more now.

• Brohoof 1

House Moon and Star - Southwest of Hoofington.

- “So, does anyone knows exactly what Twilight wanted? I’m in the mood to criticize and analyze things” – Spell replied, yawning, while Lightning was flying besides her.

- “You always in the mood to criticize and moan about anything” – Lightning reminded, to which Spell would show her tongue to Lightning.

- “I like to think, Lightning. It’s not a bad thing.” – Spell would when answer – “Criticism is one of ways I can relax, like you do while flying. So, you always flying. So just let me do what I like to do, okay?

- “Fine” – Lightning would say, giggling – “Party-pooper”

They would start a little speaking battle, nothing too much out of ordinary. It was pretty common for them, it seemed their opinions differed greatly, even though they almost always could find one solution which satisfied them both.

It would appear he flux on Spells horn was pretty clean at the moment and she used magic to eat and treat herself a little bit more freely. It was probably some indication to when she shouldn’t use magic, or perhaps being in a good mood helped. Nevertheless, it was quite curious.

- “I wonder if we meet anyone familiar on our adventure. It’s always great to see new faces.” – Lightning would reply, to which Spell would roll her eyes up.

- “When they not trying to kill, rob or do something else to us” – Spell replied

-“Well, for the latter I have you, silly” – she would reply. 

House White Gold - Manehettan - The Military Headquarter.

@@MagicalStarRain.

Cunning Horn noticed the lack of soldiers in the headquarter. He hardly believed that the army of such great city like Manehettan could struggle just because an attack of three Cultists, or at least they should have spent some ponies to handle the headquarter. There could be an attack in the headquarter and everything would be burned to the ground, and this rich economic city would fall to the hooves of those cursed Cultists. He did have some briliant plans to besiege Manehettan from both land and sea while he was a mere tactician in the House of Moon and Stars, but he had never thought that the soldiers could be such...ignorant.

He snorted, "They sure are lack of military geniuses."

He heard the guard talked to him, "Huh? What? Oh," he paused to find a good answer, "I was with a caravan of traders before I came here." He lied to the guard and stifled a chuckle, "Caravan of course."

"After I got enough money, I stopped here for some fun," he shrugged, "And look what I've got here. An attack from the Cult!" He pulled out his bottle, "Wanna some?"

@@Spell Shock,

@@MagicalStarRain,  

House Moon and Star - Whitetail Woods

Eternity stayed silent as the two fillies rambled on. He was concentrating on other things. They kept on walking. Nothing special really happened. The landscape wasn't so great. Eventually they reached the Woods.

"Here we are. Whitetail Woods." Eternity looked at it more. They were still outside the forest. "Just looks like a regular forest to me. Though i never really seen this large of one. Well, let's head it. Still got a ways to go." The forest wasn't too special. But it was very peaceful, and sort of nice. It was relaxing in away. Eternity continued to looked through some books. But he thought the girls would of been getting tired or bored or something. The three of them were still young. Probably a bit impatient. 

"So..." he looked up from his book "Since were are probably living together now how about we get to know each other a bit more hm? I figured we should. I guess we are family now right? How about you start us off Star Rain? Tell us a bit about yourself why don't 'cha?

Edited by AnonBrony

@@AnonBrony,@@Sky Warden, @@Spell Shock,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - Inner City Boundary - Manehatten Military Headquarters - Vice General's office

A trader huh... I wonder how much I can get out of this guy? the soldier thought excitedly, though it didn't show. "It much be difficult, trying to score trades with other ponies with this war going on," he casually said. "It's a surprise you managed to get some bits out of them!" And I wish the mistress could have us go into battle instead of just waiting for them to attack us! It's so boring!

Star Rain followed Eternity and the two fillies silently. Ugh... the heck was that dream about? No wait... they were my memories. Why would my memories appear like that? Her thoughts about her memory dream vanished when a more recent memory rose up. "You killed one of your friends Twilight! You risked her life! And for what!?" Her eyes widened when she remembered Eternity's words. Twilight her own friend?! Who was that friend?! 

I guess I'll have to question Eternity later. "I was told I was born during a meteor shower, hence my name, fifteen years ago," she simply said. She wasn't about to go into her family, why she became Twilight's student, and other stuff like that. She then saw a rabbit through the corner of her eye and jerked her head to catch at least a glimpse of it. Her mane flipped with her head, revealing a scar made by a spell.

The two fillies would still ramble on and on, they were enjoying each others company. While they stayed silent when other talked, they still were mostly indulged in talking themselves, or trying to somehow poke or bump each other. They were as if sisters, bestest of sisters ever. They were laughing and teasing each other, while still looking around every once in a while.

When they were asked, Spell would a little bit too easy rely:

- “I and my parents lived somewhere in the forest like that, in the little hut. When, someone smoked it with poison gas, to kill us all. Well, okay – my parents. I still got hit. When they try to say it was the house blahblah who did it, to manipulate me into doing something and when there were big black monsters, ripping them in half.  When met Lightning. “

- “Well, my story is… I actually don’t remember much, beyond running from my parents and meeting Spell. So, just lots of trouble on the way” – Lightning would say, she seemed concerned for a moment, when she would be back into her cheerful mood. 

-“You have memory issues again?” – Spell asked, to which Lightning just shrugged a little – “Well, anyway – I still looking for those who were involved in my… past. Why they tried to deceive me and stuff like that. Through it’s last matter I worry about, to be honest. Everyone lies.”

-Lightning would laugh – “Would be kind of funny if Twilight would say something like, the other house invaded Hoofington and kidnapped all two working classes of ponies, it wasn’t our own forces, no way.

-“Funny as in?” – Spell didn’t see what was so funny about it.

Cult of laughter - Manehatten - Arcane district - streets

Tondrak looked back as the guards and arcanist prepared to take on his laughting dead. Tondrak had fallen into the arcanists trap, after a moment Tondrak let out a dark burst of energy destroying the arcanist magical trap. "I dont have time to waste with you" Tondrak send his laughting dead at the soldiers and made his way to the prison where the cultists were being held. After a while Tondrak made it in front of the entrance. He saw a few guards at the entrance, their was no way that the prison would be accesable to civilians, he was trying to think of a way how he could enter.  

House Stormwing - Heading to cloudsdale

Windslash felt as if a part of his heart was breaking, not only did the negotiations go baddly but fighting broke out because of it. He rushed with his company making their way to Cloudsdale. Hoping he could make it in time to help. He asked Scootaloo "Why did this have to happen?"

House whitegold - Manehatten - artisan district

Nightshade rushed away with Rarity and Sweetie Belle, she wasnt going to abandon them, for a moment she had a gready though, she began to think that she could maybe use this oppertunity as an advantage to raise herself in the house. Her though was interrupted as she looked back to see the assassin facing the two ponies. Nightshade continued with Sweetie Belle and Rarity.

Edited by discorded

House Earthborn - New Ponyville - Outskirts

@@discorded

(OOC: Edits in response to discorded's edits)

Fixit nodded in acknowledgment, but within he felt almost disappointed that the Supreme Commander hadn't gone through with the conclave. While he had no intention of getting friendly with House Moon & Star or the Cult, he had something of a grudging respect for House Stormwing for their honourable conduct and lightning assault tactics, which synergised well with the Earthborn "slow and steady" philosophy of war by attrition and devastating artillery. It had to be said, Earthborn needed all the allies it could get right now, and Stormwing were probably the best they could get.

He considered voicing his opinion, second guessed himself, then decided to speak candidly anyway. With that One True Sight of hers, chances were she would see right through him and question him on the matter anyway.

"While we aren't attending the conclave, perhaps we could consider parley with House Stormwing? I'm no politican but out of all the bloodthirsty psychopaths surrounding us they seem to possess a sense of honour in these times of trouble," he grimaced as he thougt of House Whitegold, and the constant politicking within the House, the constant scrabble for power and wealth, always thinking of the self and never the whole...

"And I think you know best of all," he said "That truth and honour are hard to come by these days."

Edited by Archi

@@Spell Shock,

@@MagicalStarRain,

"Oh. That's nice." He responded to what Star said. He noticed the scar on her neck, but as much as he was intrigued he didn't ask about it. He listened to what Spell and Lightning had to say. It was sad really to hear all of that. But what Lightning said, it further proved Eternity's thoughts about this mysterious filly. He decided he should share his story.

"I was born in Canterlot, and stayed there all my life. I've been studying magic ever since I was born my brother said." He then started to think about him. "I never really knew my parents. My brother said my Mother died soon after I was born, and then my Father left when i was just a foal. I wonder if he is still out there somewhere. Anyway, my brother raised me." He paused for a bit. "Eon. That's what we called him. Eon. He has a longer name but nopony ever called him by it. Things were nice back then I suppose. Went to magic school, met the Princesses, ponies were happy. Though i guess you three wouldn't know what it was like. I remember my brother used to be a guard. I believe he was actually supposed to become Captain of the Guard after Twilight's brother became a prince. He was good too. Not only at using a spear but magic too. He taught me a lot. Then, everything changed when the Sisters left and the House took power. My brother died soon after in a fire. Then i became Twilight's student. I suppose the rest is history. Then after several years of training with her she said I shouldn't be her student anymore. Still don't know why, though i suppose she was just using us. Like she does everypony else. And now we are here."

He continued walking for a little while. "So. That's my story... I guess we should continue walking."

He died in a fire... that was an arson. Eternity thought in his head. But the body was never found. Maybe he is still alive out there somewhere... Eon.

Edited by AnonBrony

House Everfree: Stormwing Invasion Forces (Influence from WH40K Necrons)

In the midst of the swirling tide of bodies sweeping across the landscape, spirit likes forms weaved through the chaos like ships upon calm sea's. The main goal of the invasion was not to break the enemy by force of numbers. Rather, the marching armies and rain of acid spit from the Parasprites was merely a front behind which the true strategy was employed. Everfree Wraiths could move faster than the eye could comprehend and Ents could crush a foe with a single blow, but the true strength of Everfree was the primal energy that ran through all of its vassals, down to the grass that covered the forest floor. A great flash, one of primal magicks unleashed that glowed bright green lanced into the sky, striking a Chariot and vaporizing its contents. Another beam caught a squadron of pegasi with a glancing shot, sending bodies half obliterated falling to the earth below.

From the crowds of ents strode monstrous abominations, massively overgrown ent-kin modified with killing in mind. One arm was composed of a large cylinder which had a large blade bolted to the end. From this arm flew the green death, destroying flesh and metal without effort. Atop the mightiest of these rode Zecora the Witch-Queen, magick trailing off of her like steam from a boiling cauldron. The ent-kin she mounted boasted numerous modifications, each more deadly to the last. Poison dripped from its bark where armor had been hammered into the wood. Its eyes were sealed shut by brackets, making it look more like a smiling doll than a living creature. But it was still very much alive, as its bellows of pain raked across the ears of all who heard it. Even those ents not subjected to this weaponization seemed sickly, corrupted. None dared go near from the Druids or Zebras.

Zecora called out to the swarming parasprites above her, her voice magnified so that it echoed over the din of battle. "Feed my creations! For when you feast there will be much jubilation! Consume all of these weaklings within your sight, for none can withstand Everfree's might!" This drove the insects to go mad, throwing themselves into suicidal rushes in order to distract their targets long enough so that one of the ents could knock them from the sky with their bastardized magick. "Who among you can hope to defeat me?" she called out mockingly to Soarin in the Commands. "For your city is doomed, that is easy to see!" Indeed, many of the cloud structures were readily being targeted by anything that could reach them, toppling towers and collapsing foundations.

House Everfree: Fluttershy and The Everfree Liege

The Liege studied the Stag for a long time, looking for all the world like a regular tree when he stopped moving. "My motivations are not to be question Stag," he rumbled. "But I do know that your concern is valid to mortals. Your Lady, my servant, is a conduit for all that is and will ever be of the Wild Places. Meaning, when I speak to her, she must experience all of the beasts, plants, and savage beings that will exist. All of them, stretched out across eternity. All of the pain, love, madness, growth, and decline. Her discomfort is a neccesary sacrifice so that the Wilds might grow. But... I will grant you a boon, for now. There is no use into breaking a tool." He passed his hand over Fluttershy, who moaned and collapsed into Rain Fell, totally weakened. "She will only experience a margin of myself. Her power will be weaker, but she will endure longer." The Liege hummed to himself and looked to the North on an internal compass. "The invasion of Stormwing is underway and I doubt the blue usurper will leave without vengance. Protect my Servant Stag. I must meet this threat myself." Fluttershy for her part was slumped against Rain Fell, only standing by leaning against him. Her mind brushed against his, revealing that she was incredibly vulnerable at that moment. 'Take me... down the stairs to the left... and lock the door behind us,' she told him. 'I... I need to be alone with you right now.'

House Everfree Renegades: Parthos the Younger ( @discorded )

Parthos the Younger emerged from the trees with two score of his fellow ents, thus far having escaped the experiments many of their kind had suffered. Behind them strange makeshift humanoid creatures screeched and his, part plant and part flesh. One of the refugees was brought down by the creatures, roaring once more before he was silenced forever. Having escaped the creatures, who could or would not leave the tree line, the ents plodded forward into New Ponyville. While it was towards those who could readily be called their enemies, what lurked inside of the shaded forests was far worse than what Earthborn could do.  They stopped short of the picket line, Parthos striding forward to call out to the ponies defending it. "This one would speak to the one who claims lineage from the Noble Earth, that which gives life to all living things. The one called Applejack!" He was smaller than the older ents, yet they crowded around him like frightened sheep and kept as far away from the trees as possible. "We come in peace and seek sanctuary."

Edited by Higurashi
  • Brohoof 1

House Everfree - Castle Ruins - ...a room somewhere...

@,

Rain quickly supported Fluttershy as the Everfree Liege brought his hand above her. "If you keep doing this to her...eventually you wont have anypony to communicate with you...its making her more and more weak." He said, glaring up at the ent. "But she confides in you which means I will not question her decision." He said, looking back at Fluttershy with a worried expression.

He nodded when she finished speaking to him and made for the door, letting her lean against him for support as they walked.

He looked back at the Everfree Liege once more before he did as she instructed and took her past the plants guarding her room, down the stairs and into the room on the left.

He locked the door and looked down at Fluttershy. "Is everything alright my Lady ?" He asked.

Rain was rather surprised that all in a day, the pony he had looked up to had told him that she wanted him by her side...and now he was supporting her and taking her to secret rooms so they could be alone.

House Stormwing – Cloudsdale – The Battle under the Stars

Shock and awe, there was no doubt that Everfree had mastered it. They used brutal guerrilla tactics, thinning out the defences and scattering the troops. Wing Commander Spitfire held the western defences as long as she could, but soon they were overwhelmed by a tide of ravenous parasprites and fearsome wraiths. Yet not once did they succumb to fear, not once did they flee. But even as they fought with valour and honour the battle was slowly falling from their grasp.

Soarin’ lead once last strike at the heart of the Everfree commanders, his Sky Chariots brining down a rain of spears and bolts. Their cry like thunder they descended upon them,   hacking at the armoured tree ents and setting many alight. Chariots were brought crashing down from the sky by the crushing blows dealt by the forest demons, but even now Soarin’ took his last gambit at victory. He commanded his retinue to take out Zecora, the Witch Queen of Everfree. Acting as a spearhead, they drove deep into the enemy lines, their eyes keen set on their prey.

But it was a doomed attempt and many were slaughtered. The heavily armoured elite could only withstand so much punishment. Wing Commander Soarin’ was wounded and battered from the fight, calling back what was left of his force. Only four chariots returned to the city in one peace, no more than seven pegasi to accompany them. Spitfire had already begun to withdraw her forces to the fortified city centre. Here 700 Hoplites, backed by nearly 100 griffins readied themselves for one last stand at the gates of the Agethis. Commander Rainbow Dash was nowhere to be seen, nor the 200 sent with her. They prepared to make their last stand upon the steps of their home.

No, not yet had their time come. From the west came reinforcements from Windsoar, 300 brutal fighters born and raised. Lead by their commander they dove right into the thick of it, their superior mobility playing to their advantage as they brought ents and beast crashing to the earth. Wilding fell in droves and even the agile wraiths had their work cut out.  From the east came the warriors of Las Pegasus, lords of the weather and masters of using it in combat. Their tornados sucked up and scattered the parasprite swarms, Stormwing suddenly on the offensive. Commander Spitfire led her Heavy Lances and drove straight for the heart, a last attempt at killing Zecora.

And then came the scouts, long awaited from their journey south. Scootaloo had taken to silence for the journey, but cursed now at the  treachery of Everfree. “They had to have planned this! It takes weeks to mobilise an army of this size! They were waiting for Rainbow to leave, they wanted us gone! Damn them!” Star Keeper was slightly shocked at her outburst, but it was of little importance right now. “Okay guys, here’s the plan. Dogmatic, head towards the Palace of Agethis, rejoin your griffin brothers and get ready to battle. Star Keeper, go with him and get to safety. We don’t need you distracting us. Windslash, come with me. We’ll regroup with Commander Spitfire and get ready to fight this battle. Let’s go!”

She took one last look back south, to the far off lands where her Commander remained. Rainbow would not be here to save her this time, this was up to her. “I’m not afraid…  I will do this for you.” With those last words they took off towards the city in the distance, towards the chaos and the bloodshed.

House Everfree –   The Southern Ruins – The Dining Hall

Lily peeked over the edge of the table to see more than a dozen armed soldiers looking dead eye at her, some kind of dread aura surrounding them. It was terrifying. She let out a small whimper when she looked to the commander, her rainbow mane slightly fading in the pale light. “I- I think they want to hurt us. Oh, that’s it!” She spread her wings and quickly took to the air, spreading towards Fluttershy’s chambers as fast as he could. When she found the door to be locked she began to pound at the wood with her hooves. “Lady Fluttershy, the soldiers are attack down here! Please help us!”

House White Gold - Manehettan - Inner City Boundary - Manehettan Military Headquarters - Vice General's Office.

Cunning Horn nodded, "Aye. Especially the Cult. Those insane ponies are probably the most dangerous enemy for traders." he drank from his bottle again still the guard didn't respond to his offering. Heck, rum wasn't made for free anyway.

He was a little glad that the soldiers were busy. That way, he could take some safe break in the Military Headquarters. Yet, he had an unpleasant feeling about those Cultists they captured earlier.

"Attacking Manehettan just with three mares was completely a suicide. No. There should be another reason. Perhaps it was their trick? Meh, they might be insane, but I bet could do better than that."

He burried his bottle inside his saddle bag again. The effect of the alcoholic drink felt enough for that day to think clear enough to talk properly.

"The bits were good indeed." He chuckled a little, "How couldn't be so great?".

He tilted his head to a running soldier, "Why the hay do your commander needs so many soldiers to handle such small attack?"

Edited by Sky Warden

Cult of Laughter- Manehattan- Prison cells

Lila laid on the floor listening to Wind's constant 'singing' and it kind of began to grow on her but she needed to keep trying to get out of this stupid cell. Any time she tried to use her magic it seemed to not work or it would back lash at her. Luckily for her the Whitegold ponies were nice enough to patch her up from that arrow wound. She knew the guards weren't going to help her, but if she could just slip one hoof out of these chains it would give her just enough length to be able to stick her horn on through the bars of the cell. Lila pulled as hard as she could while ignoring the pain of feeling the cuffs dig into her skin. *almost.... have it......* After a minute or two Lila gave up realizing that Wind was probably having better success. She also hasn't heard much from Prophet Derpy. "D-derpy?" was all she managed to get out from the magic exertion and back lashes.

(So sorry for the lack of posting. Was having a hard time trying to think of ways to interact with others. It's hard being in prison sad.png )

Cult of Laughter- Manehattan- Prison cells

@@MagicalStarRain,

(OOC: If this is too much just tell me and I will happily edit...they're gonna end up escaping soon anyway and I kinda want to use Wind when she isn't stuck in a cell...singing. Plus none of the guards have noticed the fact that she has almost broken out...)

Wind felt rather surprised that none of the guards had noticed the fact that she had started pulling the chains from the walls.

She kept up her loud singing until. "Oh goody." She muttered, grinning wildly. The chain that kept one of her forehooves tied to the wall had been pulled from the wall. She grabbed the other chain holding her other hoof and pulled with all her strength. It came loose as well and now she was almost free to move around her cell. She pulled on the last chains holding her wings and after a few moments, they came out of the wall...now it was just to trick the guards.

"HEY GUARDS...I FOUND A CUPCAKE." She screamed.

She gathered up the chains and held them all in her hooves, then she flew up to the ceiling of the cell, just above the door.

((Again...I can always just edit if need be.))

@@The-Master,@,

"Oh, just get behind me!" Evergreen almost snapped at the timid mare as, eyes flashing, she stood. This was just the chance she had been waiting for. All the same, there were so many of them... Jade had picked the absolute worst time to fall unconsious... Well, more for Evergreen. What fools they were to challenge her. 

Many vines began to snake in through the large cracks in the windows lining the room, each surrounded by a cerise aura, and began to wind themselves around the unicorn who wielded them. In second the pony, madly cackling, appeared as nothing more than a large fearsome creature made of the vines woven fiercely together, both very lifelike and very menacing. It was time to kill. Time to avenge the death of her garden. As one of the arms of the mighty vine creature swung at at a Stormwing soldier who had approached too close, making to simply swat it out of the air, it emitted a howl. 

Miles away, the pile of wood pulled itself back into a pack of timberwolves, and they ran towards the castle, howling back to their master, a terrible bloodlust the only thing on their minds...

Think of the Plantbending guy from Avatar, just a tad bit smaller, and wearing a semitransparent cerise poncho.  img-1275771-1-Swamp_monster_grabs_a_tank

Edited by Flareon
  • Brohoof 1

@@Flareon,

House Stormwing - The Everfree Forest - The Southern Ruins

Vines began to side though cracks and crevasses in the hall, binding together into one mass. Whatever foul art this was it was truly horrifying, a beast out of foal’s bedtime stories. After one unfortunate guard was swatted aside only to have his neck broken as he hit the stone wall, Commander Rainbow Dash called her troops to rally. They fell into phalanx formation, their shields linking and their spears readied. The wall of iron held out against lashing whip and coil till Rainbow gave the command. At once the spears of the guard were hurled into the beast, easily passing through the vine and sinking deep. Their weapons gone they drew their Xiphos’, deadly short swords wielded specially for their hooves. With their iron shield held aloft and their swords at their side they readied to make a stand.

Rainbow cast aide her helm, revealing her multi coloured mane and letting it fall to her sides. Her scared face made her appear menacing and demented, her armour a blackened nightmare. “Alright Pegasi, let’s show them a real fight. For the glory of Stormwing!”  They charged into the fray, their shields protecting them while they followed up with quick and precise slashes. It cut easily, their blades practically passing through thin air. “Is that all you can do?”

Edited by The-Master

@, @@The-Master,

Evergreen  felt the giant form shudder as several swords penetrated into her vine golem, but just as easily as the vines severed, they repaired themselves, forming knots, allowing the form to remain whole and beastly. And it ever grew as more vines snaked in the window.

Evergreen herself was sweating and panting from the effort it was taking her to hold the vine beast together and fend off the Stormwing soldiers. It was just too much. The vines swung wildly, striking a number more of soldiers, but as far as Eve could tell with her limited visibility from inside the creature, not as many met the unfortunate fate as the first. Indeed, they seemed to be holding themselves together quite well, and more than once swords penetrated far enough inside the beast to nick Evergreen, slightly drawing blood from multiple places. She had just begun to panic when she noticed the trees outside, whispering frantically to each other. Maybe she wasn't doomed. Maybe Fluttershy would hear and send help. With that thought now providing her renewed hope, she began to fight ever more fiercely. She would not die now, not to a Stormwing sword. 

Evergreen took several more massive swipes at the soldiers, which, to her frustration, she seemed unable to land a solid, mortal blow upon. Each swipe was punctuated by a hoarse, demented, furious scream from within. "No!" "I'll get you!" "I'll make you pay for what you did to me!"

@@Sky Warden, @@AnonBrony, @@discorded, @@Nightfall,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - Entrance to the Jail

(OOC: Before you ask, the Arcanists got caught off guard and became momentarily stunned. The soldiers took care of the Laughing Dead quite easily.)

Two arqueteers stood on either side of the entrance to the war prison. Other arqueteers were in their posts above the entrance, ready to guard the prison and the prisoners inside at anytime. They were very strict about their "No visitors allowed" policy and because of this, no civilians ever came this way. So it was a surprise when they spotted a pony approach them in the distance. They kept their weapons undrawn, ready to use them when necessary.

House Whitegold - Manehettan - Inner City Boundary - Manehettan Military Headquarters - Vice General's Office

The running soldier didn't bother to answer, but the other soldier did so in his place and was careful not to let out too much. "It's not everyday that the Wall is penetrated in anyway by our enemies," he said. "I agree that those blasted Cultists are mentally unstable. And what did you have to trade with Houses like Moon and Star? Spellbooks and magic wands?" he said with a hint of mockery toward House Moon and Star.

House Whitegold - Manehatten - Artisan District - Outside of Performance Hall

Rarity planned on making a dash toward the high class hospital near the Ivory Tower in the Merchants District, but they soon changed. A messenger rushed up to her, delivering news on the Cultist attack. The idiot! Not coming to me sooner so that I could send out the Prateorponies to care of those maniacal ponies! She was seething on the inside, but looked like she didn't care one bit on the outside, the oppressive silence enveloping the messenger so that he shivered as if he was caught in a blizzard. 

Paying no attention at all to the kind zebra behind her, the frantic House leader bolted off toward the hospital. "Rarity, stop! We have let that zebra catch up to us!" Sweetie Belle yelled. Her older sister though, paid no attention to her plea.

(OOC: Timeskip! discorded, you can communicate with Sweetie Belle in anyway while she's at the hospital.)

House Whitegold - Manehatten - Ivory Tower - Foyer

A few hours later, Rarity returned with the messenger following close behind her in fear of what was coming next. She arrived, only to find a "unicorn" in the most unsightly outfit with some cargo in a cart attached to him. "Would somepony please explain to me what a stranger is doing in my foyer?" she softly, but coldly, inquired. She turned to the Prateorpony keeping watch over the "unicorn" and stared icy daggers into both of them.

Geez, he's almost like me... Star Rain thought with surprise at Eternity's conclusion. Heck, we're ALL similar! she realized suddenly for the first time. Not wanting to worry the younger fillies, she decided to wait until nightfall to question Eternity. Ugh! If only it can come sooner! It's frickin' killing me! 

Edited by MagicalStarRain
  • Brohoof 1

House Everfree: Everfree Liege

The gigantic corrupted ent, among the eldest and most massive of his kind, strode forth from Fluttershy's personal chamber. A dark aura swirled around him, extending from all of the living plant life. Grasses instantly rejuvenated with his passing, sprouting deadly razor sharp edges. The ivy lining the castle walls unraveled and flew to him, wrapping around his limbs like a protective second (or even third) skin. From one arm grew a massive spiked hammer, easily large enough to squash a pegasus with only a glancing blow. From the other sprouted a foul device: an acid hose that could shoot toxic fluids at high pressure. Parthos the Elder was now gone, his body slowly mutating into a combat suit for the Liege.

"You should have heeded the Ent foolish gnat!" He spat at Rainbow Dash, coating one of her soldiers in acid. The pony promptly fell back screaming, the acid melting right through his shield and devouring his flesh. "For your rash hatred has only succeeded in giving me a physical form and dooming any hope your pathetic 'comrades' had of leaving this place alive!" Talking did not seem to distract him, his attacks continuing without the slightest decrease in mobility. In the most gut wrenching way possible, he was an enemy to be feared. The massive body he occupied moved as quick as a wraith, despite the cumbersome weapons he employed. A mare tried to dodge backward, only to be impaled on a spike with a split second change in direction. The Everfree Liege laughed as he struck another down, crushing its skull with his foot.

House Everfree: Fluttershy (No, there will not be any 'adult' content.)

Fluttershy shuddered at the desperate knocking at the door. She was too weak now to do anything and it hurt her deeply. She could feel the Liege dealing with the problem, but she was not sure if he would bother to keep her own vassals alive or intact. Inside the room she now occupied was a rather sparse set of furnishings. In the middle of the room was a stone, massive in size but worn perfectly smooth in interesting patterns by water long ago. It formed a sort of bowl, in which was a nest composed of luxurious pillows and bedding. Around the room were several cabinets, all of which were locked with thick chains. A few armchairs were scattered about aswell. She limped over to the bowl crawling into the pillows and expending what little energy she had left. "Come here..." she whispered to Rain Fell. "I need... you to be over here for what is about to happen. I don't think I can stand it alone."

House Everfree: Stormwing Invasion Forces (The Ent's long range weapon is henceforth named 'Flayer Canon'.)

Zecora did not pay much attention to Spitfire's final assault on her person. She was more concerned with cutting off the reinforcements. The ultimate objective of this attack had still not been achieved and almost everything was expendable if it was not. Her ents lumbered forward, firing magic death at opprotunistic targets. This did not mean she ignored Spitfire however, directing several of the modified ents to group their shots to block the way between Zecora and the charge. Despite the overwhelming modifications, the ents were not invulnerable. One went down, split through the middle by a massive wound from a lance. However, this was not the end of its use. Another of its mutated kin strode forward and grotesquely absorbed his fallen comrade into his own form, adding more armor and another of the Magick Flayer Cannons to its weaponry. Most of the smaller infantry had left the scene of battle for the time being, either dead or commanded to sow chaos amongst the nearby settlements. The Wraiths remained, darting around the shins of the Ents. From the rear one of the Grand Oaks, now horrifically modified like its Ent cousins, began to advance. Its trunk was now devoid of foilage, morphed into a massive long ranged artillery peice. This began to lob gigantic globs of acidic gel at Cloudsdale, those that struck it sticking to the structure and growing upon it as it gorged.

House Everfree - Castle ruins - Fluttershy's secret room place thing

@,

Rain looked back at the door. "My Lady...what if that is something important ? Cou-" He was cut off when he heard the fight coming from up the stairs. His eyes widened and he moved towards the door, but stopped, remembering that Fluttershy had asked him to join her. He turned around to see her laying in the bed (?)

He let out a slightly exasperated sigh but walked over to the bed anyway. He stood next to it and looked down at Fluttershy. "What is it you wish my Lady ?" He asked.

Cult of Laughter - Manehattan - prison cells

@@MagicalStarRain,

Wind let out an annoyed sigh and decided to get straight to the point. "HEY GUARDS I BROKE OUT OF THE CHAINS." She yelled, hoping that would get their attention. "These guards are not very good at guarding are they." She muttered, waiting for one of them to open the door. She was getting slightly bored of just hovering in one spot above the door...but she wanted to get out of the prison cell and boredom isn't something thats gonna stop her.

@@Spell Shock,

@@MagicalStarRain

The four of them kept trotting through the woods. The woods was pretty relaxing and calm the whole time. Couple leaves falling every now and then due to the slight breeze. Every once and a while they would scavenge for food. Finding some good plants and fruits and berries to eat. Spell and Lightning were good at finding food. Sometimes Eternity would create some food with his magic, but me main create some water every now and them since there wasn't really any streams nearby. Eternity would be readin' books the whole way and Spell and Lighting would be talking about... something.  Never really knew what though.

Eventually the sun began to set. They reached a small quiet clearing and Eternity decided to set up came for the night. He gather up some wood and made a fire with magic. And lied down for a bit. He wasn't that tired even though they were walking so much. He wasn't sure why. He stared at the fire for a few minutes and then decided to speak.

"So. Anypony know any good stories? Maybe we should tell stories around the campfire. Ponies usually do that around campfires right?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

House Moon and Star - Hoofington - Town Hall

"Archmaigister Sparkle!" and pony came bursting through Twilight's Office.

"Yes? You don't have to barge in here you know. Is there any news of the Traitors?"

"No ma'am. But We have received word that Stormwing, Everfree, and Earthborn have all engaged in combat. A Three-way battle ma'am!"

"Hm. That is news. Very interesting news. And good news at that. Maybe they will kill each other and I wouldn't even need to raise a hoof."

"A Threesome?" Trixie added "Really? Oh Twilight we should of been in that battle and made it a Foursome!"

"Shut up. Trixie"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@

@

@@Marathon

House Whitegold - Manehatten - Prison cells

A white stallion dressed in a guard's uniform, walked over to the pony screaming at the guards. He had long black mane and red eyes. And along with the uniform had had some saddlebags as well. A wide smile grew on his face as he saw the pony on the ceiling waiting for an actual guard like if she was some predator. Shes perfect. He thought to himself.

"Hey. You. Cult pony." he said to her "I can see ya up there you know, you crazy pony you. And by the way you don't need to yell so loud. Your singing voice is horrendous. Anywho,  I'll let you and your friends out. On one condition. Yes. A very nice condition. Very nice indeed."

(OOC: Just to clarify he is talking to Wind. Sorry for the sudden appearance and mystery but you will all find out who he is soon enough. And again, sorry Star.)

Edited by AnonBrony
  • Brohoof 2

House Whitegold - Manehatten - Ivory Tower - Foyer

A few hours later, Rarity returned with the messenger following close behind her in fear of what was coming next. She arrived, only to find a "unicorn" in the most unsightly outfit with some cargo in a cart attached to him. "Would somepony please explain to me what a stranger is doing in my foyer?" she softly, but coldly, inquired. She turned to the Prateorpony keeping watch over the "unicorn" and stared icy daggers into both of them.

Nightfall turned and saw Rarity. But before he could do anything, he felt as if his heart were pierced but coldness, the coldness of Lady Rarity's stare.

"Good evening, your ladyship. I am hear to talk to you about something I have invented. Something that could help this house against the Diamond Dogs."

He looked at the guards.

"But I would like to show it to you where we won't be... interrupted, or for lack of a better word... disturbed."

He bowed a little after saying this, then looked around, hoping Rarity would approve. But he couldn't be so sure, so he decided to at least have a back-up plan.

"Or, if you need a guard, just have them outside the door. Prying eyes are not what I want."

He looked the lady over.

"And if she rejects, what then? Well, then I will go to Fancy Pants and try. He may have a use for it if Rarity finds that she doesn't. And if Fancy Pants rejects... I'll find another house. I cannot afford to let this engine and all the years I spent on it go to nothing but waste and ruin. I will not allow that."

He glanced around, finally setting his eyes back on her.

House Stormwing – The Everfree Forest – The Southern Ruin

No retreat, no surrender. These were the laws taught to the young Pegasi of Stormwing, an ideal passed down from the times of old. It was this that made the Pegasi Empire the great and mighty force it was, a pinnacle of strength and might among the clans.  And now Commander Rainbow Dash was left with a choice; to stand and fight, or to flee. Even now she could only watch as mare and colt were crushed or incinerated by goliath that was the Everfree Liege. It was one thing fighting daemon spawn, but the devil itself was another game entirely.

Rainbow grasped the spear shaft firmly in her hoof, her eye keen set on the target ahead. She raised her foreleg, lining up her target carefully. With a quick run and a thrust she released it, sending the spear soaring towards her target. It hit the Lady Sparrow with deadly accuracy, the tip running through her side as she attempted to hide beneath the oak dining table. The traitorous pegasi would be put to death. No pegasi should betray her own kin.

“Fall back! Fall back!” Rainbow called out to her remaining troops. Instantly they disengaged, taking to their wings and fleeing by whatever means possible and reaching towards the sky. Behind them they left the shattered remains of the hall, littered with the bodies of the fallen. Only nine guards escaped with their commander, nine left for the journey back home.

“Fluttershy has been lost to the foal clutches of this daemon. That forest is evil and it would be wise not to enter it again. But now we must go north, Cloudsdale won’t hold much longer against those beasts.”

House Everfree – The Southern Ruin – The Dining Hall

Lily dared not move nor stir, but she knew whatever had happened it had caused allot of damage. She couldn’t feel the spear in her side, only the burning sensation as blood escaped from the open wound. Her brown cloak was stained red; the cobble stone underhoof was slick and smooth. Moving any part of her body caused more pain and more agony.

But they were gone, they had been saved. How could any pony be so cruel? She tried to get back on her hooves but all attempts and getting her legs to react were met with failure. She flexed her wing slowly, trying to find some kind of movement that didn’t cause her more discomfort. She settled for simply resting them at her side limply, her energy long drained from her.

House Earthborn – The Whitetail Woods

Long Stride had been travelling for a day now, his limp making progress slow but he had a good idea about where he was heading. He wasn’t too sure what he would do once he reached his destination but it was a start. He kept off the road, tracking through the brush and undergrowth of the Whitetail Woods. About this time of evening it was peaceful, but he knew that soon he would need to find shelter and a place to rest. These parts would soon be thick with bandits, scavengers of the wild.

It did not take him long to spot the camp, just a small clearing where a few unicorns were gathered. Watching from the brush he could see they were certainly not from Whitegold, they were too well dressed. Could these be from Canterlot, or maybe Hoofington? Who knows’ Long Stride hadn’t seen a unicorn in one piece in 12 years. As he drew closer he moved carefully and silently, skulking through the dark like a shadow. Maybe when they weren’t looking he could relieve them of a few supplies.