Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Equestria Divided Roleplay

GreyScholar

@@AnonBrony,

@@MagicalStarRain

House Moon and Star - Hoofington Inn

- “Remember the time when she presumably hurt a bunch of ponies and gave a kick start to a cult of murderers just for the same target? What next?” – Spell replied finishing – “at least if I overheard all those talks right. It’s kind of interesting being around Silver Swirl, he’s kind of a party-pooper, but he knows a bunch of stuff. And being a filly it’s not particularly hard to eavesdrop 

- “So what are we gonna do if worst goes to worst?” – Lightning asked and Spell got thinking for a good chunk of time.

-“I dunno.” – Spell would reply, after thinking – “You know what I will do in dire situations and how well its’ probably going to work. If at all. Shame what I still have no idea what’s causing those things to just pop up. Otherwise it wouldn’t be that crazy to learn how to make them pop up on command”

She was half-sleeping, half-talking. She wasn’t a pony who needed a lot of sleep, even for a filly and she was used to that kind of sleeping. Traveling, sometimes alone, sometimes with Lightning made her understand what even in trying to catch some rest; you should be on your guard.

“Remember the time in that little town, what’s its name? When you actually tried and succeeded?” – Lightning asked, Spell started to think.

“Wasn’t it a giant flying monkey like creature which showed up? Started flying around and doing weird things with everyone”

- “Or when we wanted something baked, you tried to cook something with magic and this… thing shows up.”

- “Yeah, I remember that! But that was just funny”

Both fillies would start laugh.

The glitters and light from the illusions made by some Arcanists snapped Cunning Horn out form his day dreaming. "Alas." He knew, his thought was almost correct. The Cultists, were still there. It was not a security matter of Manehettan which moved him, but the fact that he didn't really like the Cult, and that they might be looking for something interesting. Opportunities among conflicts. Enduring his dizzy head, he galloped along the street and climbed a stair onto the top of a building for a better point of view.

He began charging his horn with energy, very slowly. Yet, he could feel that it drained his energy a little too much. His gaze moved wildly to the ground below him. Street by street. House by house. A good amount of soldiers searched for the Cultists. He skipped the places where he thought will be passed by the soldiers and hopped from one roof to another. He did hear some screams, and hurried by instinct to the source of the havoc. He gasped when his hooves slipped on a roof and he almost fell to the ground, just thirty centimeters away from where he laid. After unleashing a set of cruelest curses he knew, he stood up and continued his search, but stopped a second later to organize his mind.

"What kind of ponies that those Cultists could be?"

His mind darted back to the guard on the gate he met earlier, racing to remember as much information as he could. Not smiling dolls, he insisted, so they might be ponies. Three lovely mares. Only with scars, and only the guard.

"Smiling dolls don't move that slow."

That last thought was enough for him to set his mind to blame the mares. Still, it was worth to try. His simple magic drained his energy more and more, forcing him to stood still and just looking to the source of the havoc, but he continued, trying to find three particular mares who might take his interest.

@@Nightfall,@@AnonBrony, @@Spell Shock,

House Whitegold - Manehatten - Ivory Tower

A police pony rushed to take his place in front of the majestic, white tower. He skidded to halt at the sight of the "unicorn". "What is this civilian doing here?! He has to flee immediately!" he shouted urgently. "The Cult in on the loose in the city!" he added.

House Moon anmd Star - Hoofington - Hoofington Inn

Star Rain immediately calmed down when Eternity picked her up. It was like those times when her father was still around. He would use his strong levitation magic to give her the sensation that she's flying. Suddenly courageous and determined, she openly stated,"I hope Twilight's plan fails." Without another word, she picked up a book and began reading. Normally she would've read every word of it from beginning to end. This time however, she was skimming the text for anything that says "Astral Plane" or anything about portals. She didn't find anything though and she was beginning to feel tired. She didn't want to go to sleep though. Instead, she turned to Spell and her pegasus friend with slight envy. She never had a friend her age before and she had never seen pegasi or earth ponies either. What's it like to have friends?

• Brohoof 1

@@Nightfall,@@AnonBrony, @@Spell Shock,

A police pony rushed to take his place in front of the majestic, white tower. He skidded to halt at the sight of the "unicorn". "What is this civilian doing here?! He has to flee immediately!" he shouted urgently. "The Cult in on the loose in the city!" he added.

House Whitegold, Manehatten, Ivory Tower

"Flee?"

Nightfall, or rather, Dusk stood up, not moving forward or backward.

"Flee? Why? All because the Cult is here in they city?"

He started to chuckle, but quickly stifled his laugh so he wouldn't be accused of being a member of the Cult.

"I'm not going anywhere until I have talked to her lady's hip Rarity about this invention," he said, nodding his head at his cart.

"And even then, how many members of the Cult are loose? Considering that it is active here in the city, there could be many hundreds loose, and you just don't know it. Or, it could be only a couple of ponies trying to stir up trouble, as usual."

Dusk didn't mention how he knew the cult was active, and if asked, he could just say that is residents for the past number of years was in the under city, making it possible for him to know some good number of things that Whitegold's government didn't know.

"Considering this information, then, Lady Rarity may be home sooner than expected, making my wait shorter and my mood a bit better. Thank you for the information."

House Everfree - The Court of Lady Fluttershy - Dining Hall

Lily didn't really talk much, or at all for that matter. She kinda just sat there looking down at the table in front of her feeling rather uncomfortable about the whole situation. She still wasn't sure why she'd even been brought here in the first place, now she just wanted to go home and forget any of this happened. Well, she couldn't go back yet. Darkness had crept towards the farthest edge of the forest, consuming her home in its wake. Her only hope was Fluttershy. Maybe if she could just say something...

House Earthborn - North of New Ponyville

The Ponies at Arms, the first wave of attack. They lived on the front line, and Long Stride relished every second. All pain or emotion he'd bottled up was released upon the battle field, tearing through ranks as he led a relentless charge. Flailing himself round madly it was inevitable that he would come across a wound or two in his service, in fact he had taken many. But he was a fighter to the last, never stopping the assault.

A hoof cannon flew past his head at an uncomfortable distance, Long Stride taking a moment to regather himself. To his tail was attached a spiked flail, a monster among the front lines. In his mouth he carried a skirmisher, perfect for hacking any who have not fallen to his arcing motions. He considered himself unbeatable, something he would get horrible wrong.

A blade from a Zebra Warrior found it's mark, striking Long Stride in his back beg. He fell to the ground in agony, cutting down the soldier that felled him, but clutching the open wound for dear life. The blade fell from his mouth and his helm slipped from his head. All the rage and madness of battle within him was gone, replaced by the dire need to survive. He pulled himself along on his two forelegs, but found even that task difficult and painstaking. HE was slowly running out of time, the great Hydra slowly drawing closer and closer to his position. He reached out and seized in his hoof one of the Pegasi Auxiliary Spears, his last means of defence. If he was going down he was going down with a fight.

House Whitegold - Manehatten - Artisan District - Performance Hall - On Stage   Looking at Encore and moving a little in a dance-like fashion, Sweetie Belle fought to keep her voice steady.   "We still hold each other in our hearts..." she held that last note before continuing onto the chorus, hoping that Encore remembered that this was one of the lines they sang together.   "It’s a sorrowful fact indeed, the distance between But no matter, you will never fade..."  

Sweetie Belle needn't have worried, as Encore had come in right on cue, his voice weaving a beautiful harmony around hers, almost as if their voices were dancing together beautifully.

"It’s a sorrowful fact indeed, the distance between
But no matter, you will never fade"

And then, he sang his single verse,

"I’ll sing your melody"

As he nodded to Sweetie Belle to sing her line so they could finish the chorus together, his ears flicked again toward that prop table hidden away just backstage, tucked behind the curtain as it was. What was it that was there? He was surprised to find, for a split second, that his gaze had wandered to where his ears were momentarily focused, and again, he was forced to wrench his attention back to the performance. However, this time he remained alert, ears somewhat stiffer than they had been, listening for anything that might sound even remotely suspicious.

((Sorry for how long it takes me to respond. I'm super busy at the moment. Should actually be doing my homework right now, but I'm roleplaying instead. Aren't I responsible?))

@@discorded@@Half-Note,

House Stormwing -Ponyville

Commander Rainbow Dash soured across the plains bellow at amazing speeds, 450 troops all following her at swift pace. All had devoted their lives to fighting, and now all would have a chance to prove themselves. Leading the assault at the head, Rainbow prepared to arrive at the sight of Ponyville, or rather what remained of it. If Scootaloo was correct she would be waiting here for her. But as they descended into the boggy landscape there was no sign of the orange mare anywhere. Could it be that they did not make it? What had befallen her that would stall their arrival?

But no, here they came. Scootaloo and her company, a burly griffon from the north, a hardened pegasi soldier, a senator from the courts and of course Scootaloo herself. They landed in front of Rainbow Dash, bowing low on their arrival. As they rose Scootaloo couldn’t help but gallop up and envelop her in a quick hug. Although very surprised at first, Rainbow gave in and returned the gesture.

“It’s so good to see you.” Scootaloo said, fighting back anything to emotional.

“Yeah, it’s good to see you too Squirt. Haven’t been struggling too much without me?”

“Rainbow, I am perfectly capable of looking after myself, and besides…” She looked back at the two ponies and the griffon standing behind her with gratitude. “…I had some good help.”

“Well, the time for talk is over. We have a duty to fulfil in the name of Stormwing. I could not wait for the senators to approve my claim of the threat of Earthborn, so I labelled this little movement of 450 soldiers as a scouting mission, led by myself.”

“Wait, weren’t they suspicious at all?” Scootaloo was rather perplexed how she even managed to get such a thing past the senators watch.

“Oh yeah, they knew, but they cannot say no to a routine scouting mission. It just so happens we’re going to be scouting deep into enemy lines. Isn’t that right pegasi!” Cheers echoed across the ranks before ending as quickly as it came. “We saw the armies clash just south of here from the sky. We have to take the side of Everfree if we are to pin down Earthborn once and for all. Once we are finished here I have amends to make between the Lady and Myself.”

“Everfree? Well…  you are the commander I guess. Let’s get going then.” Scootaloo drew her sword, making Rainbow flinch a bit at the sudden act.

“Whoa girl, I can’t have you rushing in like this. This is a proper battle, I’m not just going to let you and your friends…” Scootaloo gave Rainbow a look that clearly said ‘Are you kidding me?’ “Okay fine, you can fall in. But remember that we pegasi fight as a solid unit. If one pony falls then everything collapses. Protect your fellow mare and colt.”

Scootaloo gestured for the others to follow her, all of them falling in just behind Rainbows position. To either side stood ranks of hardy pegasi in dull iron armour, the sight almost chilling. Rainbow placed her helm on her head once more, drawing her spear to her side. “Pegasi, take heart this day, for we shall cast our foes back to Tartarus! Our spears and swords shall cleanse them, our shields protect us from corruption! We are the elite, we are Stormwing, and we are their doom!”

All at once the pegasi took to the sky, blotting out the sky in a sea of iron. Rainbow led the spearhead south straight towards the battle at the eves of Everfree, her guard quick in tow. Scootaloo and her company remained within a close distance of Rainbow, ready for whatever they may face ahead. Here they were, Earthborn finally sat in front of him, waiting to be crushed. Rainbow led the pegasi down in a torrent of churning steal, swooping down across the lines, picking of their troops fast and efficiently. The traitorous pegasi who sided with Earthborn were swiftly put to death, for domination of the skies was Stormwings, and Stormwings alone.

@@MagicalStarRain,

@@Spell Shock,  

Eternity was starting to get somewhat tired. Even though he should be used to do this kind of work. Looking through books for hours at a time. Unfortunately the four of them didn't find anything about the Astral Plane in the books. And Eternity didn't find anything about Spell magic. Though he did overhear Spell and Lightning talk about it. He heard that something appeared. But he didn't pay mind to that. He already had a theory about her magic and that seemed to fit.

There some faint noise outside. Sort of like knocking. Eternity then looked out the barred window. And a look of fear came upon his face. The Legion, the military, were looking through buildings and ponies houses. They must be searching for pegasi and earth ponies! Off in the distance he saw an Earth pony being dragged away form his home. And a Pegasus walking with some Legionaries  He must of gone with them willingly. He then saw a couple of them walk towards this building. Oh no!

He immediately blew out the candle lightning the room. It was exceptionally dark, besides the moon light coming from the windows. "Guys listen. There are some ponies out there. And they are looking for Earth ponies and... pegasi." He looked at lightning for a moment. "Now we-" 

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock* Somepony was knocking on the door to the inn. No doubt it was one of the military. There was a bit of commotion downstairs. Seems like the Innkeepers were welcoming them in. He heard them talking downstairs but he couldn't make out what they have said.

"Star, cast that sound barrier spell again so they won't hear us" He said in a wisper They heard some doors opening and closing. Not a good sign. Then he heard hoofsteps. They sounded like they were coming the stairwell that lead to the second floor where they were staying. Oh no... gotta think gotta think...

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock* "Is anypony in there? We just need to take a look in your room." There was a voice outside the room. Then came more knocking. Louder and faster."Hello?" The voice changed a bit "Listen this the military. We know you are in there. Cooperate and unlock this door"

What do I do what do I do!? ​ Eternity began to panic in his head. *KNOCK* *KNOCK *KNOCK* They began to pound on the door. They were breaking in. Even with the Iron bars they will still see us if they open the door.

@@AnonBrony,

@@MagicalStarRain,

Spell momentarily got extremely serious, look on her face turned to cold and she was thinking of something. She took with magic, which was not like her all her glass bottles and put them in the thickest bag, after which she started… she covered her hoof with another thick bag and started rushing the bottles into fine glass powder. It would ruin one’s eyes if she would throw it into them, dirty trick – but reliable. Also very and very evil, if you think about it, but she didn’t really cared about that side of things at the moment.

She when would split the powder between the bags, tying them up so powder wouldn’t leak through, she when would cover Lightning thicker in her cape, or well Spell’s cape which she lent to Lightning.

- “Okay, I can try and make it appear she has a horn or glue her forehead to the wall and say we were playing games and she got stuck by her own magic. Or I could try fight out way through, I don’t think they will expect dirty trick from a filly, through that puts you at danger. Since all of us except Lightning unicorns, they would believe perhaps she is a unicorn. Or we can pull out act of we are under direct orders. Through, again I would prefer something which hurts only me if it fails

- “And what if it appears? It's no solution. I knew I should have taken my fake horn with me” – Lightning replied, being kind of sad.

- “You have a fake horn?” – Spell replied looking at her like she never seen her before – “For what? And if it would, when better. Something to distract them.”

- “Later, later Spell we have other things on hooves” – Lightning would say – “Can anyone teleport? You are Archmages students, no? In the sky, no way any of them will ever catch me. Not unless they Stormwing spies”

She also seemed rather serious; it would seems she didn’t want to go whenever.

Whitegold- Manehatten - artisan district - concert - front row seat

Nightshade watched the concert in awe. She wondered if the rumors of Rarity watching the concert we're true. After the concert would be done she would need to go back to work for the house as a negotiator. But for now she would enjoy the show.

Cult of laughter - fillydelphia hideout - prophet's chamber

Even though Tondrak had been dismissed he wanted to stay. Tondrak laughted a little after high prophet Cranky Doodle left slightly angry. Tondrak had more respect for the laughting mare than Cranky Doodle, who he still had some respect for. "Thank you for seeing things my way oh great deity." With Cranky gone Tondrak and the laughting mare were alone, not including some laughting dead and a few smilling dolls to guard the deity. Tondrak spoke to the laughting mare more as if she we're a person rather than the cult's deity. "I never did properly thank you for returning my book to me and bringing me back to the land of the living all those years ago. When i have retreived my last items i will not rest until you walk onto this world..." The laughting mare didn't respond. "If you dont mind me asking, what is it like in your realm?" Tondrak was hoping to have a conversation with the laughting mare.   

House earthborn - Applelossa - hospital 

Applebloom was in the waiting room unable to see Granny smith yet. She worked on the blueprints of the new war machine Applejack had requested to destroy the Everfree forest. When she was finished a nurse came in and sayed that she could go in now. Applebloom walked in waiting next to the door entrance. "Huh who'se their?" Granny Smith's age had taken it's toll, her eye sight was worse, and she had to stay in bed all day. "It's me Granny, Applebloom."  

House earthborn - Ponyville - North of New ponyville

Applejack looked at a hydra slowly making it's way forward, she gave some orders to a few diffrent groups of soldiers. "Now go!!" A group of applelosan rangers roped up the hydra's left leg and juggenauts pulled the rope causing the hydra to trip. The hydra's heads fell a few feet away from Long Stride. Soldiers now charged at the downed hydra and attacked it's heads. The fall left the hydra stunned for a few seconds. They managed to kill 3 of the hydra's 4 heads. The forth turned around looking at Long Stride like he was lunch. Applejack charged the last head and stabbed it through the eye and into it's skull killing it, the hydra's scales were thick but it's eye's wern't. She looked around the battlefield, seeing a giant oak ent, and now stormwing fighting with Everfree. With Everfree in front of them and Stormwing above, earthborn was going to lose alot of soldiers if nothing was done. They were outnumbered, which dosnt happen often in earthborn case. Applejack sheathed her sword. "Retreat back to New Ponyville!!!" Looking down at Long Stride and seeing him injured and unable to walk. She picked him up and threw him on her back without asking for permission."Keep us coverd, i cant fight and carry you at the same time." Earthborn began to retreat to New Ponyville.  

House stormwing - Ponyville - North of New Ponyville

Windslash fought hard agaisnt earthborn, killing some earthborn pegasi auxillaries. Stormwing successfully took back the skies from earthborn. He fighting along side Rainbow Dash. "The ennemis, their retreating!!!"

(edited)

The Cult of Laughter - Manehattan (The Inner City) - Somewhere In The Streets

Derpy and the other cult mares had been through a few shops and found no crowns. Manehattans' guard was probably up by now, and maybe they had heard of the Cults' plan. Aw, Derpy thought, why do they have to be such cupcakes? She darted out of the shop they were currently in and jetted up into the skies, hoping the others would follow her example. She flew away from the city, but not towards the Cult, in an attempt to throw Whitegold off their track. We could message some of the, uh, ... ponies! Some of the ponies in the Cult in Manehattan to find the crown, and we could always find Tondraks' other magic thingy. Energetic from the flight through the city, Derpy flapped away into the blood red sunset, inhaling the scent of rotting flesh and decay.

The Cult of Laughter - The Fillydelphia Hideout - The Prophets' Chamber

Pinkie Pies' body moved somewhat, and it looked as though it was crying, now embodied by the Mare. "It is desolate and barren, void of all life," said she in a cold, distant, eerie voice that echoed through the chamber. "Contacting my followers is a strife. It is torture with no end, a world that could leave even me dead. It is impossibly hot and impossibly cold, but most of what it contains cannot be told." Her voice shook somewhat when she spoke. Then she told Tondrak, "If it is me you wish to free, I'm afraid it is the duo that holds the key." She leaned forward so Pinkies' nose was very close to Tondraks'. Then she withdrew, Pinkies' lifeless carcass appeared once again lifeless, and all was silent.

Edited by TheSonicAlicorn

@@EquestrianScholar,@,@@AnonBrony,@@discorded,@@Spell Shock,@@Nightfall,

The newly arrived guard paid no attention to the unicorn insisting that he stays where he is. Instead, he said,"There are three mares from the Cult on the loose. Two ponies have already been killed thanks to them, or so I've heard." He then heard shouts from the pegasi above, over half of them in pursuit of one of the insane mares who had flown up to escape. Ignoring it, he took hold of the "unicorn's" suit to drag him off to the safety of the Wall.

House Whitegold - Manehatten - The Streets of the Inner City

Some of the archers from the Wall fired their arrows into the air, hoping to hit the runaway Cultist. Some Arcanists were nearby where the Cultist had taken flight, so they moved in to set up illusion spells and a large dome around that area, hoping trap her partners in.

House Whitegold - Manehatten - Artisan District - Performance Hall - On Stage

"I'll keep your charm," Sweetie Belle sang, a tiny hint of emotion creeping in. In her dance-like fashion, she moved closer to the place where the "props" were being kept. She again hoped that Encore was going to be on cue again.

"We'll keep the chains between unbroken and free of rust

Until we meet again or until we pass away

But please be optimistic about the former."

(OOC: Ready, Scholar?)

House Moon and Star - Hoofington - Hoofington Inn

Star Rain was on the verge of falling to the floor and going to sleep, when all a sudden the knocking jolted her awake. Without hesitation, she put up her soundproof barrier again. She rushed over to the window and witnessed more ponies being dragged away, all of them earth ponies and pegasi. "What...? WHAT?!" she couldn't believe what she was seeing. Then she realized that they had a pegasus with them. She jerked her head around to face her, eyes filled with the need to protect. She thought about what to do, until she came up with only one solution. She turned toward Lightning and her horn began to glow cyan. Her magical aura surrounded Lightning, gradually turning her invisible. As much as she wanted to break off from the complicated spell, Star Rain fought to keep it up until Lightning was completely invisible. When that was done, the glow surrounding her horn and Lightning ceased. She looked toward the now invisible pegasus and whispered,"Stay absolutely silent, no matter what." She then sunk onto the floor, one hoof on her aching horn.

• Brohoof 1

@@EquestrianScholar,@,@@AnonBrony,@@discorded,@@Spell Shock,@@Nightfall,

The newly arrived guard paid no attention to the unicorn insisting that he stays where he is. Instead, he said,"There are three mares from the Cult on the loose. Two ponies have already been killed thanks to them, or so I've heard." He then heard shouts from the pegasi above, over half of them in pursuit of one of the insane mares who had flown up to escape. Ignoring it, he took hold of the "unicorn's" suit to drag him off to the safety of the Wall.

"Let GO!"

Dusk swiped at the guards hoof, knocking himself loose, but stumbling a bit.

"I'm not leaving, whatever you do, whatever you say! I'm safe enough here, and if anything happens, I am pretty sure I can protect myself. Now if you try to bucking touch me again, I swear that I will end you!"

He snorted, backing to his cart, his horn starting to glow faintly. His eyes narrowed as he sized up the new guard, and remembered what conclusions he had made when he sized up the other guards, trying to remember where their weak points were and how he planned on taking them down if necessary.

"And for all I care," he added condescendingly, "you're making me want to not see Rarity and to find some other house to show my invention. Trust me, this thing could change everything."

He glanced back at the tower, then his eyes opened a little more.

"Or, if you don't want me to stay, you could take me  into the Ivory Tower where I may wait for her ladyship safely. But I am telling you, I am not leaving until I've talked to her about my invention."

(edited)

@@MagicalStarRain,

@@Spell Shock,  

Eternity began to grab whatever books he cam until he saw Star turning Lightning invisible.

"Y-You turned her Invisble!?" He wasn't sure what to do then, he was going to teleport them out like Lightning suggested but they were about to break in. Eternity then removed the iron bars and hoped for the best.

The soldiers burst through the door bucking it down. There were only two of them at this door. They both were staring at as.

"Why didn't you open this door!?" One of them yelled at us.

Eternity tried to think of a lie as quick as he can. "We were umm... sleeping. Yes we fell asleep and were awoken by your banging and bursting into this room."

One of them looked at him with a confused face. The other looked annoyed. "Not in the bed? On the floor? In a one bed room?" Asked the annoyed one.

"As you can see we were studying very hard. These two fillies are my magic students. We were working very hard and we fell asleep. Sorry." Eternity said "And as for the one bed... This is my room. These two have a room of their own." The second part was true. Both Spell and Star had rooms of their own.

They didn't look too convinced. "Well i don't see anypony we are looking for. Search this room anyway. These three are suspicious." He left the room and the second guard began walking around searching for anything suspicious. As he was searching around using his horn to light up the room. he saw something unusually large cast a shadow... yet nothing was there. And used a bit a magic in that spot and lifted up the invisible Lightning. Oh no Eternity thought. "Whats this?" The guard asked rhetorically. On to Plan B. 

Oh they better say yes. "If you want to teleport to get out of here say Yes!" Eternity said panicking. The Guard just starred at him with a confused face and said "What?"

(OOC SAY F****** YES!!!)

Edited by AnonBrony

House Everfree: Invasion Force (Now to be renamed Occupation Forces) (Also, this is Post-Battle)

In retrospect, it could have gone better; but that was from the unvariabling cynical viewpoint of the army's supreme commander: Buffalo Chief Iron Will and his liason to Lady Fluttershy: Tree-Ent Sage Pathor the Elder. The pair balanced each other, as both tended to fall on the opposing ends of military strategy. The buffalo was all for crushing their enemies wholesale, while the oaken humanoid favored subtlety and caution. From the viewpoint of the wolves who now readily feasted on the carcasses of the enemy it was a massive victory worthy of much celebration (otherwise known as gorging oneself). The loss of a Grand Oak subdued the mood a little, but the entusiasm won over. Such creations took over a decade of dedication from hundreds of ponies and associated animals to grow. The battle had cost the tree dearly; the near relentless cannonfire stripping nearly all of the foilage and gouging the plant all the way to the Heartwood. The ents were especially upset at this last fact. For Grand Oaks were the largest (if least intelligent) of Entkin, and their Heartwood was considered absolutely sacred. The life may have left its roots, but it still held a purpose. Wood was a valuable resource, even to those who abored its use for most purposes. Armor carved from a Grand Oak would protect against anything short of a cannonball, making it a highly sought after light weight armor.

There were not prisoners taken per se. Those among Earthborn troops captured who had potential use to Everfree were carted off to begin the retraining process, which equated to breaking their minds and reforming them to suit Everfree purposes. The vast majority of others captured had their throats slit, with exceptions being made for those whose deaths would have been pointless, like those who had recieved major wounds and the colts and fillies who really shouldn't have been in battle in the first place. These were healed to an extent and shoved back at Earthborn lines with a message: If you come back, you will not be spared again.

Everfree Forest now extended to the edge of Old Ponville, the outshoot growing to the North and South in order to solidify its hold on the region. Defences were being erected in the newly placed plants. Barrows were made in the roots of Grand Oaks, their hallways and caves hiding all manner of deadly traps and suprises that Earthborn would have to clear out if they truely wished to regain control. Wounds were healed and reverance paid to the Everfree Liege. Most of the Hydra's and larger creatures went to ground, hiding their positions from spys and potential threats. The wolves and other pack animals roamed the forest in constant patrols while the druids and witch conclaves reinforced their spells.

Pathor the Elder was knee deep in tree sap (keeping in mind ent's average a height of eight meters tall). His duty was to retrieve the Heartwood of the Grand Oak for transport, but the task was difficult. Despite the massive size of the creature, the Heartwood often only measured about a meter long and half that thick. The cannonfire had displaced the Heartwood from its location, sending it who knows where. It was essential to the Ents that it be retrieved. They would literally wait until the end of time looking for it, so Iron Will loaned a cabal of druids to speed up the search. Looking up from his work, Pathor caught sight of Rainbow Dash and her comrades.

"Reynbough Dach, Miistraes of thei Skai's," he called to her in his heavily accented wooden voice. It was louded than a boulder hitting the ground after falling a hundred meters. "Thein weings spraedh loung aent thein maene shaeneth Braeght! Coume spaeke to theis One. Hae woold coonvaey a maessache froom Mae Laeday."

House Everfree: Fluttershy and Sand

Fluttershy lounged on her couch, waiting until they had all arrived. The stag sitting directly in front of her allowed easy bodily contact, which she used to full affect. One hoof draped over his shoulders, the other propping up her head. The hoof lazily brushed back and forth, playing over his back in a rather rythmic manner. To the stag, it would feel rather marvelous. Though she did not have access to the inherited magic of a unicorn, Fluttershy readily used the shamanistic energies of the forest. The effects would wash over his body, strengthening the muscles, healing the wounds, and having an subtle pleasurable sensation. "My dearest Guests," she spoke when they were seated. "You all have arrived here for a reason, though what it may be is rather mysterious for the time being. Two of you have vowed alliegance and serve in your own way. But three of you have not. Of those three, two mares came here by intention. The stallion is a wanderer and a trickster, prone to roaming the land from end to end. So, here is what I think it pertinent to do."

She nodded her head at each of the three arrivals in turn. "I may be different than what some of you expected, I understand. But I still hold in my heart love for all life. I would have you three swear vows to me, that you will join my cause and preserve the world and Forest, even if it means your lives. Two of you, once again, have an inherent link to the wilds, similar to myself. You will serve as my students if you join and I will bring your connection to Life closer than you could imagine. You the Trickster will be... a bit of a pet I suppose. No... that sounds too condescending. Ah, yes. You, with your knowledge of the world at large, shall be an ambassador, messenger, and advisor. Evergreen, dearest I would also request that you join this little clan I'm forming right now. I may be the Everfree Liege's prophet, but I need experienced mares and stallions like you to be where I cannot be, as I only have one body and four hooves with which to manage all of a growing Forest. What say you four?"

In a more private manner, Fluttershy's voice whispered into the Stag's mind despite her not moving her lips. "You I would like as a companion. Its really that simple honestly. You have proven strong and capable, not to mention wise. Oh, and do not doubt yourself. I have kept watch on you as I do all deer. This is not exactly a rash judgement."

(edited)

@@AnonBrony,@@Nightfall,

All three of the guards only thought for a moment before going along with the "unicorn's" idea. "Very well then, we shall allow you to wait in the foyer. Please, come in," the pony with the spear said. The swordspony immediately followed the "unicorn" in, just to make sure he doesn't do anything harmful. The new arrival took the swordspony's position outside, armed with a sword as well, except it was shorter.

Star Rain was still knocking away at her horn to try and cure it, confident that they weren't going to find Lightning. Then she remembered that though she was hidden, her shadow wasn't hidden. Unfortunately though, she didn't know a single spell that made shadows disappear. Thinking fast, she pulled her hood up to hide her horn before it began to glow again. One of the books on the floor began to glow cyan as well. She levitated it until it was three feet away from where the guard who was about to capture Lightning was. With great force, she slammed it into the guard's horn, cutting off his flow of magic. She turned toward Eternity and nodded frantically,"YES!"

Edited by MagicalStarRain
  • Brohoof 1

@@AnonBrony,@@Nightfall,

All three of the guards only thought for a moment before going along with the "unicorn's" idea. "Very well then, we shall allow you to wait in the foyer. Please, come in," the pony with the spear said. The swordspony immediately followed the "unicorn" in, just to make sure he doesn't do anything harmful. The new arrival took the swordspony's position outside, armed with a sword as well, except it was shorter.

Star Rain was still knocking away at her horn to try and cure it, confident that they weren't going to find Lightning. Then she remembered that though she was hidden, her shadow wasn't hidden. Unfortunately though, she didn't know a single spell that made shadows disappear. Thinking fast, she pulled her hood up to hide her horn before it began to glow again. One of the books on the floor began to glow cyan as well. She levitated it until it was three feet away from where the guard who was about to capture Lightning was. With great force, she slammed it into the guard's horn, cutting off his flow of magic. She turned toward Eternity and nodded frantically,"YES!"

Dusk almost stopped, then grinned. He hadn't suspected that his plan, made up on the spot, would work. He rehitched himself up to his cart and followed the two guards up to the foyer. It was much, much nicer than he expected, and wondered if Rarity would not like his own, seemingly shabby clothing inside.

"If she wants me to change, there could be a great many problems. First off would be what she wants me to change into. Second would be how to change in a way that is fast. And third would be if any guards come along or are order to come along to make sure I don't try anything funny, I'd have to knocked them out in such a way that they couldn't make a noise. And then there's the problem of Rarity herself; she isn't trusting of others, and her suspicions of me could reveal the fact that I am not a unicorn named Dusk Graystone, but am in fact an alicorn named Nightfall Starline. And if they capture me, it's over. Twilight will hear of me, and would want me to go to her so she can experiment on me, which would kill me, and- Focus."

@@MagicalStarRain,@@AnonBrony,

Spell would have all her things ready for teleportation, she would make sure too quickly if she could grab a sheet of cloth to cover up some books.

If they teleport out, she would when try to remove the writing off of books and cover them in a sheet, afterwards asking Star to make them invisible. They would have shape of Lightning somewhat and blank pages with a little bit of bluff could be used as intimidation means. The main thing is to get Lightning away from here through.

The only thing left now is actually staying alive and not killing any guards preferably. She would, of course if she would need to protect Lightning, but they probably have families of their own. And in the afterthought, that would it make her better when the people who murdered her parents? But, when again. Murder and self-defense is two different things.

She was holding to her bag of glass peace’s with magic, just in case she would need to blind the guy for them to teleport. Not now. Not like this. Not ever. 

(edited)

@,

Rain had to admit to himself...it was rather relaxing, but still...he felt rather awkward considering he looks up to Fluttershy and her giving him...a fancy back massage made him feel...special...but he also felt as if he didn't deserve it.

He stayed quiet and listened to what Fluttershy had to say to the rest of the ponies...but when she mentally addressed him, his eyes widened. He longed to stand up and leave...as fast as possible...but he couldn't do that in front of all these ponies. He gulped and tapped his front hooves together. "I...My Lady...I..." He looked up at Fluttershy but looked back down at the table. He would talk to her about this later...not in front of everpony.

@@MagicalStarRain

@@Marathon,

Wind swore under her breath as Derpy took off without them...apparently Derpy didn't notice that Lila was a unicorn. She was about to grab Lila and fly after Derpy until a magical dome surrounded them. "LILA. GET RID OF THIS DOME...I'll deal with them." She said, giving the guards on the other side of the dome a crazed grin. She cracked her neck and spread her wings, preparing herself for a battle...in case the ponies attempted to come inside the dome.

Edited by Sir Flame of Dancerville

House Stormwing – North of New Ponyville – Battle of the West Plains

This was a silent victory and no songs of triumph were sung this day. Applejack had escaped again. Rainbow Dash was in a good mind to pursue but held off against it. Earthborn’s strength was still unknown, heading deeper into their territory could prove catastrophic. Casualties were minimal, some 30 killed before the retreat was sounded. And now all that was left to deal with was Everfree.

Even after the battle the forces of Everfree still greatly outnumbered them a blistering two to one. Rainbow called her Pegasi into ground formation, a great wall of round shields protecting the front line. Scootaloo, Dogmatic, Windslash and Star Keeper stayed just behind the commander, weapons still drawn should the need arise.

Even though great beasts and monsters stood before them not once did the give in to fear, that was not how Pegasi think. No retreat, no surrender. But it seemed no such heroics were required, the forces of Everfree dispersed as quickly as they had arrived. Few remained on the battlefield, their dead carried off and their weapons scavenged. The only evidence of their contributions was the occasional blade or dart.

The line advanced closer to the forest, Rainbow halting near the edge when he spotted a solitary figure among the groves. "Reynbough Dach, Miistraes of thei Skai's, thein weings spraedh loung aent thein maene shaeneth Braeght! Coume spaeke to theis One. Hae woold coonvaey a maessache froom Mae Laeday."

“Who the hell is that?” Scootaloo exclaimed silently. “I can barely make out what it’s saying.”

Luckily Rainbow was having more luck. “Your words are kind, but I would like to talk to Flu-  I mean, Lady Fluttershy. My troops will return back to Cloudsdale, except for my personal guard, and I shall come with you.”

Rainbow cast back a gesture to the Pegasi behind her, near 400 taking to their wings and departing northward. Only 20 or so remained along with Scootaloo and her company. “So…  what’s this about Dash?”

“It’s a long story squirt. All you need to know is that where going to have to go on hoof from here on out. I think we should get going before it gets dark.” Scootaloo still felt really uneasy about this. Rainbow Dash gestured for the guards to follow, heading into the shadows of the Everfree.

House Everfree – The Southern Ruins – The Dining Hall

This hadn’t helped her nerves; all ideas of finding help were cast aside as all thoughts turned to getting out of here. She was fine being solitary, relying off herself; she did it to keep away from exactly this. Oh cures my unfortunate luck.

“Um… Miss Fluttershy… Lady, sorry.” She said in almost a whisper. “I- I’m not sure about this whole ‘swearing allegiance’ thing. I’m not sure If I want to be part of this…  war. I just want to go home now.”

House Earthborn – Road to New Ponyville

Long Stride’s vision began to slowly return to him, all the sings of battle long gone. He was being tossed around slightly by the galloping of hooves, his head and limbs bobbing around loosely. Much of his armour and gear was missing, his body still aching everywhere he moved. His back leg burned with pain, the open wound still seeping blood, refusing to heal up. He felt light headed and weak all of the sudden, unable to let anypony know he was awake.

If there was one thing he had grown very familiar with it was the madness within Everfree, their primitive nature erasing all sense of pity and mercy. It was kill or be killed, if ever it had more of a meaning. But the wound he had suffered was not one out of a mad attack, t was a well-planned and struck blow, careful timing and precision as to properly disable the target.

“Zebra’s, the bastards.” He mumbled to himself, adjusting his form on top of his rescuers back. He would have thanked them but he was past that sort of manner. Thanks serves no purpose in the end.

(edited)

@@Spell Shock,

@@MagicalStarRain,

House Moon and Star - Hoofington 

Eternity saw they were all ready. "Ok then... EAMUS!!!" And with that they teleported out of the building... though not that far.

The four of them appeared on the street only two blocks away from the building. Lightning was visible again. Spell had a bunch of bags again, and Eternity had his staff and a couple of books. Eternity started to breath a bit heavily. His magic has difficulty working with living things. But if they are willing he wouldn't have as much difficulty. So he needed consent. But it still was draining.

"Gah... oh i hate doing that... Where are we?" He asked rhetorically. He looked around. "Oh pony feathers! We are still near the building! Magic why are you so stubborn!" He yelled looking up at his horn.

"Its only a matter of time before they realize what happened and come out to chase us. Anypony got any bright ideas?" he looked at all three of them.

-------------------------------------------------------------

@@discorded

House Moon and Star - Hoofington  - Town Hall

"Archmagister! Archmagister!"

Twilight was going some paper work in her temporary office in the Town Hall, when all of a sudden a pony in uniform burst in. He looked like a Legionaire. 

"Yes what is it? I'm very busy." She looked up at the pony who just saluted her.

"We have received word that an Earthborn Army has been spotted North-west of Canterlot and is advancing on its way to Canterlot... Ma'am"

"What!?" Twilight got up from her seat. Applejack! Now!? of All times! "Has Shinning Armor received word of this? What about Commander Capricorn?"

"Yes Canterlot has received the notification."

"Very well. I will send word to the Commander myself. But as for now send this message to them: I want this battle to end as quickly as possible and by any means necessary, too much is going on right now. And I want NO damage to Canterlot. Capricorn will take command of this battle. That is all. Now, You are dismissed!"

"Yes, Archmagister Sparkle!" The pony saluted her again before leaving

"Oh a battle eh?" Trixie said to Twilight "Maybe Trixie should take command of it hm? It does get awful boring around here."

"Nonsense" Twilight replied. "Besides Trixie i need you here. With our newly gathered workforce we are going to need some mare to command it."

"Oooh! Will Trixie be able to whip some poor helpless Earth ponies!?"

"Yes, Trixie will, and Pegasi too."

Trixie had a tremendous smile on her face. "Thank you Sparkle!" Trixie said leaving the room happily and proceeding to leave town hall.

Edited by AnonBrony

(edited)

@@AnonBrony,@@Spell Shock,

House Moon and Star - Hoofington - Outside of the Inn

Star Rain shook her head violently to get rid of the dizziness from that teleportation spell. She looked around and silently cursed, realizing how short their travel distance was from their hotel room. It wasn't natural for her to curse, even silently in a whisper.

"Well first off, I say we get to Lightning's house and get her fake unicorn horn. I can also lend her my House Moon and Star robes as well," she said. Without hesitation, she levitated her saddlebags off of herself before taking her robes off. It was a relief, having that useless piece of cloth off of her. She felt more free. Nowadays, it wasn't very common to see a pony without clothes on, but she didn't care. Besides, if we need to, we can always swipe some other robes from somepony.

Holding her robes in front of Lightning with a cyan, magical hold, Star Rain said,"Wear these and keep your hood up. Don't open your wings either." She then looked around for some rope to keep her wings folded. "Eternity, do you have any rope on you?" she asked him urgently. 

Edited by MagicalStarRain

(edited)

House Everfree: Sage Parthos the Elder (For sake of keeping Discord Happy.)

The Ent was pulled between himself, quite literally in fact. One part of him started to follow but the other foot rooted itself into the ground. Grumbling in agitation he took one last longing look around the glade he stood in. Then, like something out of a storybook, he caught sight of it. In his haste to pick up the Heartwood he simply scooped up the ground rather than waste time picking it up. With suprising speed for an Ent he caught back up to Rainbow Dash and company, hiding the Heartwood inside of his own bark. To those who knew the proper preparation, Heartwood could easily be carved and then made harder than diamond. A dagger made out of it would not melt in the forge and careful sharpening could make it so sharp it cut gemstones like butter. This and its sacred nature made it an often fought over object for being a peice of wood.

He did not speak for a moment, though it was clear he intended to. A faint groaning sound emenated from his mouth for a full minute, obviously some internal change was taking place. "Thine words hold truth young filly," he said to Scootaloo in a much less accented tone. However, it still retained its booming volume and wooden texture. "The Tree Folk are not given to speech, sometimes for centuries at a time. For even when we do speak, it is not in the tongue of flesh. But I will so no more. My Lady will instruct you on the Volshiin should you survive your meeting." He turned his gaze to Rainbow Dash with a slightly apologetic gaze.

"It is a great desire of mine for the reality to be less fearsome Sky Hunter," he said quietly, well quietly for an ent. "My Lady greatly wishes to see you... to be as close as you once were I might add. But the Forest has changed her, as surely as the wing changes the clouds. Please give her the pleasure of your kindness. Though even the fiercest of the Forest's daughters can stare down even the stones themselves, she is fragile, more so than all those years ago when I was but an apple tree on the Earthborn's farm."

Edited by Higurashi

House Everfree: Fluttershy and Sand

Fluttershy lounged on her couch, waiting until they had all arrived. The stag sitting directly in front of her allowed easy bodily contact, which she used to full affect. One hoof draped over his shoulders, the other propping up her head. The hoof lazily brushed back and forth, playing over his back in a rather rythmic manner. To the stag, it would feel rather marvelous. Though she did not have access to the inherited magic of a unicorn, Fluttershy readily used the shamanistic energies of the forest. The effects would wash over his body, strengthening the muscles, healing the wounds, and having an subtle pleasurable sensation. "My dearest Guests," she spoke when they were seated. "You all have arrived here for a reason, though what it may be is rather mysterious for the time being. Two of you have vowed alliegance and serve in your own way. But three of you have not. Of those three, two mares came here by intention. The stallion is a wanderer and a trickster, prone to roaming the land from end to end. So, here is what I think it pertinent to do."

She nodded her head at each of the three arrivals in turn. "I may be different than what some of you expected, I understand. But I still hold in my heart love for all life. I would have you three swear vows to me, that you will join my cause and preserve the world and Forest, even if it means your lives. Two of you, once again, have an inherent link to the wilds, similar to myself. You will serve as my students if you join and I will bring your connection to Life closer than you could imagine. You the Trickster will be... a bit of a pet I suppose. No... that sounds too condescending. Ah, yes. You, with your knowledge of the world at large, shall be an ambassador, messenger, and advisor. Evergreen, dearest I would also request that you join this little clan I'm forming right now. I may be the Everfree Liege's prophet, but I need experienced mares and stallions like you to be where I cannot be, as I only have one body and four hooves with which to manage all of a growing Forest. What say you four?"

In a more private manner, Fluttershy's voice whispered into the Stag's mind despite her not moving her lips. "You I would like as a companion. Its really that simple honestly. You have proven strong and capable, not to mention wise. Oh, and do not doubt yourself. I have kept watch on you as I do all deer. This is not exactly a rash judgement."

House Everfree - Everfree Forest - Castle Ruins - Dining Hall

Evergreen shifted slightly in her seat. It seemed to take rather a bit of effort for her to wrench her eyes from the trees visible through the window to gaze steadily at Fluttershy when it became apparent it was her turn to respond. She supposed that that was a good sign, for what Fluttershy seemed to be saying. Although Evergreen was not entirely clear on what it was she was being requested to do. One body, four hooves? Growing forest? It sounded like Fluttershy... wanted her help overseeing the spread of the forest? Well, there was easily nopony more qualified for that. And Evergreen would love nothing more... Than to try to find him... Because she knew he was out there somewhere, looking for her as well... But she had to make sure. Don't get your hopes up, Evey.

Wilting slightly, as if preparing to hear the opposite of what she wanted to, Evergreen caught Fluttershy's eye again. "So... You want me to help oversee the growth of the forest? Make sure it spreads?" Momentarily pausing, she only wilted more, as if scared. "Just to make sure, milady. You understand?"

@@@discorded,

House Stormwing - Eves of the Everfree

The thought of seeing Fluttershy after all these years sent chills down her spine, and yet another feeling she couldn't pinpoint. Rainbow turned back to Scootaloo, her gaze practically saying it all. "Scoots, I know you're egger, but I need you to be quiet right now." The orange mare shied away a bit, Rainbow returning to the matter at hoof. "You are truly as magnificent as the stories told to us a foals, and you have shown your honour. I will go with you along with my guard, we shall see your mistress to discuss these matters."

Slowly but surely, the troops from Stormwing shuffled their way into the dense undergrowth. They felt confined and uncomfortable, the sky blocked off from them. But they pressed on none the less, Rainbow leading at the head followed by Scootaloo and her company. If this Parthos was leading them on the right path then it would be no longer than a few hours before they reach the Southern Ruins, and probably before nightfall even.

Scootaloo hung back a bit surprisingly, arousing the suspicions of the others. Star Keeper took no notice on the other hoof, far more focussed on how the hell he was going to explain this to the council. Eventually Scootaloo walked up next to Windslash, her head still hung low. "Soldier...  I mean Windslash, do you mind if I ask you something?" She didn't exactly wait for a response  "Have you ever felt like you were trying to live up to somepony, or living in someponies shadow? Like you're never good enough or you keep slipping up at every turn?" Scootaloo's tone began to fade into incomprehensible mutters. "I'm sorry to weigh all this down on you, I just don't really have anypony to talk to."

• Brohoof 1