Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do I find local bronys?

defaultremix

(edited)

Currently the only other person I know likes mlp is my 4 year old niece (lol) and I'm not sure about my cousin. So anyone know how to find any at school??

Edited by jb912doc
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Be brave and ask. Even if they tell everyone, still ask. If all else fails, just go ahead and tell yourself that there are always forums.

Edited by DashForever
Inappropriate Joking

(edited)

1. Go to amazon.com and buy yourself a brony-detector.

2. Run around your school and scan for bronies.

Seriously though, it's just something you will need to discover yourself.

If you are brave enough you could buy yourself an mlp t-shirt an wear in school a few days and see if someone reacts positively.

Edited by DashForever
Quoting Hidden Content
  • Brohoof 8

(edited)

Thx for now I think I will ask my cousin as he is into some Internet cultures so he would understand. And my niece likes the app, so yeah

1. Go to amazon.com and buy yourself a brony-detector.
2. Run around your school and scan for bronies.

Seriously though, it's just something you will need to discover yourself.
If you are brave enough you could buy yourself an mlp t-shirt an wear in school a few days and see if someone reacts positively.

Yeah I'm from england and school is stupid so you have to wear uniform xD so that sucks a lot.

Ps I showed my friend epic cupcake time but he was like wtf (did not even know it was mlp)

Edited by DashForever
Quoting Hidden Content
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Thx for now I think I will ask my cousin as he is into some Internet cultures so he would understand. And my niece likes the app, so yeah

Yeah I'm from england and school is stupid so you have to wear uniform xD so that sucks a lot. (And why to posts have to be over 100 characters long ~angry face)

Ps I showed my friend epic cupcake time but he was like wtf (did not even know it was mlp)

Oh yeah haha. I think it's quite funny you have to wear stupid uniforms (no offence).

Posts has to be 100 characters to avoid spam and it helps the posts on the forums to get a higher quality. Don't ask more about why, there have been a lot of discussions about this and this is how it is.

It could also be quite funny to show people the

since they are very well made. But don't show your friends too much pony stuff at once or they'll get annoyed. Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 2

I've learned myself it all depends on how lucky you get if you find one. Wheree I live I have yet to find one, at school or anywhere. This is after mentioning the show, wearing shirts and making references. There is no real way to find out any bronies unless you are really open about it or they are really open about it. One thing I would suggest is to listen to pony music and when people ask what it is tell them. Or you could look at pony stuff when people are around. That's all I can think of.

I'm hoping you're not some sort of a closet brony or anything like that, because if you are, that's going to be a bit difficult if you want to look for brony friends irl. You gotta show off that you're a brony. Wear a T-shirt, do some MLP stuff on the computer like looking at fan art or read a fanfiction or go on here! :P It's easier to find people like you when you're showing off that you are. I found two bronies at my school irl because of my lanyard, and one brony at a supermarket while wearing my Pinkie Pie t-shirt.

I was able to quickly find a group of local Bronies by joining Meetup.com.  It doesn't cost anything to join.  I haven't actually gone to any Brony events yet, but I could if I wanted.  And they do stuff all the time. 

Do something small. I personally wore a bracelet that said brony on it with a short sleeve shirt on. It got the attention of another brony because our school doesn't have a lot. While others will see it as a lame ol' bracelet, a brony will see it and hand you that sweet brohoof /)

I think the best way is to wear something that references something only another fan of the show would understand. For instance, I sometimes wear a shirt with the logo from AC:Brotherhood on it and people who've played the game will take notice and make a point of talking to me about the franchise.

ACB_Dev_tshirt_hero2.jpg

You could try something similar with FiM stuff.

• Brohoof 3

What worked for me, I just wore a shirt and people reacted.  Found 23 bronies that way.  It's just something you have to discover for yourself.

(edited)

I find other bronies by randomly quoting the show around people. But I don't just go, "It needs to be about 20% cooler... THAT'S FROM MY LITTLE PONY!!!!" No. Just no. I quote it and then I see if anyone kinda looks at me funny.

Once, at school in the lunch line, I said, "This is the worst. Possible. THING!" to my friend.

And the person standing next to us said, "I could make something worse in about 10 seconds flat."

And I laughed and said, "Yay!" (Insta-friends much????)

But that's beside the point. You can find bronies all over the place!!! You just gotta be all sneaky-Pinkie Pie-ninja-spy-style about it! :ph34r::lol:

Edited by TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos

I think you could try setting a trap for the non-bronies, then maybe start up a conversation. But, I think you will find local bronies soon.

Then after you find them, maybe do a evil laugh. :P

(edited)

blank empty blank empty blank empty blank empty blank empty blank empty blank empty blank empty blank empty blank empty 

Edited by empty

(edited)

I find other bronies by randomly quoting the show around people. But I don't just go, "It needs to be about 20% cooler... THAT'S FROM MY LITTLE PONY!!!!" No. Just no. I quote it and then I see if anyone kinda looks at me funny.

Once, at school in the lunch line, I said, "This is the worst. Possible. THING!" to my friend.

And the person standing next to us said, "I could make something worse in about 10 seconds flat."

And I laughed and said, "Yay!" (Insta-friends much????)

But that's beside the point. You can find bronies all over the place!!! You just gotta be all sneaky-Pinkie Pie-ninja-spy-style about it! :ph34r::lol:

Ugh I quote it all the time, but there are apparently NO bronies at my school (except one of my friends). Maybe I have to quote it even MORE?

Extremely-real-awesome-mega-amazing-super-plan: in the middle of class: yell "I LIKE PONIES!!!!!!!!" then start singing the theme song as loud as you can. (actually don't do this, you would get in trouble)

I'll just continue to quote it.

Edited by Eragonrde12

(edited)

I was surprised at the sheer amount of local forums for bronies on google.

I'd say just about every state has a forum dedicate to bronies which is a good place to start.
Since personally I haven't found any where the shirts and what not like everyone else seems to have.

*Also if anyone happens to be in colorado I just posted this

http://coloradobronies.org/simplemachinesforum/index.php?board=37.0

Edited by Jawmuncher

Ya know, you could just whistle the MLP: FIM Theme song out loud for everyone to hear between classes.

If not that, whistle something like Cupcakes or some other memorable song from the show.

Otherwise, just make random references whenever you can

(edited)

You could always start a Brony club at your school.  It is usually pretty easy to get a club started and then the bronies would find you.

It is not a very good idea to start a brony club when he does not even know if there are anyone besides himself who is a brony. Though that is my opinion.

I mean, what if there are no bronies in his school or what if there are but they are closet bronies?

>First meeting with club

>

Forever_Alone.png

Edited by Jokuc

I am a substitute teacher.  When I am in a classroom, I like to casually throw out "Friendship is Magic" references to see if any of the students are fans.  Now there are students in some schools who know me as the Brony Sub.  I am not sure if that is good or bad.  

• Brohoof 2