Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can anybody tell me why I seem to be getting popular all of a sudden?

Wingnut

Can anybody tell me why I seem to be getting popular all of a sudden?   

21 users have voted

1. 1. Plese tell me why you think why I'm getting more feedback.

• My new avvie. Don’t I look ad’awwable?
    • My thoughts on brohoofs in Feedback & Suggestions
    • My honest, unpretentious self-assessment in Feedback & Suggestions
    • My recent rousing defense of Fluttershy against several haters
    • The fact that I’m now showing affection to Main 6 ponies other than Fluttershy
    • More people like reading my walls of text than I thought.
    • Other (please reply and say why)
    • It’s all an illusion. Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame, Wingnut. By next week, you’ll be a nobody again.

Unlike some others in the Forum Lounge, I’m not going to ask "Do you love me?" Let’s be real. I’m nowhere near that elite status yet. Nonetheless, over the last month or so, there’s been a noticeable change. I’m getting frequent friend requests now. Posts which would’ve gotten one brohoof in the past are now getting three or more, including another star post.  And this trend shows no sign of abating.  I should probably ask experts like DashForever, Batbrony, and Harmonic Revelations. Is this how it starts?  Am I on my way? Do I have multiple pages of friends and thousands of brohoofs in my future?  I think I can deal with that. :)

FYI, I just achieved some interesting milestone stats...and they all happened today!

Brohoofs given: 1,000. Brohoofs received: 700. Active posts: 600. W00t!  :D

I guess as you post more and talk to more people, they take note of you

Just this.

• Brohoof 1

OK, you guys gave me something to chew on.  Not much, but something.  That's fine as this is a tongue in cheek forum lounge thread after all.  I might remove the six unused responses in the poll...or just leave them for the LOLZ. 

I don't know. I've never been popular.

Maybe we should vote you as the funniest forum member!  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't know.

I've never been popular.

You're so silly Harmonic :).

It's because of me. I radiate popularity and stuff. You must have peripherally absorbed some.

If you want a serious answer I have no idea. Some who are famous deserve obscurity. Some who are obscure deserve fame. Can you give it to them Wingnut?

Gandalf always helps answer my questions :). Stuff happens, and people do what they do. I didn't feel like anyone knew who I was until early January. Either way, glad you're finally getting some recognition :)

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 3

I choose the last one just cause.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.  :P

I'm getting pretty popular recently, too. I swear it has nothing to do with my name

Maybe people really are hung up on superficial things like usernames and avatars.

Stuff happens, and people do what they do. I didn't feel like anyone knew who I was until early January. Either way, glad you're finally getting some recognition

For real?  You looked famous to me ever since I joined.  Then again, EVERYBODY was well known compared to me back then. 

You're detailed, intellectual, post large discussions, are interesting to talk to, are active, the list goes on. IMO, the only reason you weren't popular before is just one of those flukes that naturally comes with popularity; you hadn't broken ground as it were, you hadn't done something that had introduced you as an interesting person to the regulars of the community. You made a blog talking about brohoofs that got a lot of attention, and I believe you've been doing more things since.

Keep it up, you're regularly known now, it would seem :P

• Brohoof 4

• 3 months later...

As you remain somewhere you have a better chance of being seen by people statically speaking.

Then once your known by alot of people its up to whether your a nice individual or a  informative person, or talented, or interesting to read stuff you type or cool to talk to stuff like that.

Thats what determines whether you become I guess popular.

I think theres a fine line between being well known and popular though, popular is being liked by alot of people and well respected, you get it from the things I mentioned above.

Or you can just be well known(sometimes you can technically be both.) by basically just spending a whole lot of time somewhere(such as here). Like me :P.

I think you deserve to be popular, you make highly informative posts and they are interesting to read, your a nice dude and your also very mature(I guess you should be at your age though hehehe.)