Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is Soarburn so popular?

ggg-2

I have nothing against this pairing, it just seems odd to me. why is the pairing of Braeburn with Soarin, of all ponies, so darn popular?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Because why the hell not? I've seen Soarintosh, Sombra x Big mac, Spitfire and Sombra, Lyra and Big mac. There is no reason behind a ship, they are simply whatever the drawer/writer feel like doing at the time.

Edited by Kurai
  • Brohoof 1

As a shipper of Soarburn, I can tell you it is, like most crack pairings, absolutely adorable. Sure, they've never met on the show, but with so many fabulous fan fiction on them (Social Standards!) and charming artwork, it makes it seem like it COULD work. It's sort of like how people stuck Vinyl and Octavia together. People just thought Vinyl/Octavia looked nice. And so does SoarBurn.

To be honest I've never noticed it being so popular.

I ship them mainly because they are two male characters that keep re appearing that aren't related.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Most ships are hard to understand why people put them together :D My philosophy when it comes to these kinds of ships is something I call the "Meh" way of thinking. Ship what you want, I don't care.

Except Sparity. Don't ship that. Oh, and you have to ship Rarighost. Rarighost is everyone's OTP :D

So...yeahh. I can't really fathom a guess here, but there's nothing wrong with this. If people ship it, cool. If they don't, cool :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 1

Alot of people think they are attractive and some of these people aren't into incest which would disqualify Big Mac. I have seen much stranger pairings so I guess fans will do what they are going to do.

Well, "Soarburn" is not anywhere near as popular as all the ships between the mane 6 so I don't really understand why you think it is so weird. There's a lot of bisexuals and homosexuals in our community who loves to ship stallions with other stallions. Since there's not many choices of stallions to chose from this is just what happens. ...I guess :3 People think they're the cutest :)

• 9 years later...

Hi

I can only speak for myself here

The reason why I ship it is because both Braeburn and Soarin are like two of the few men/stallions in the series that I always/actively headcanon as gay and naturally I ship them together because Why not? Sure they in canon have likely never came close to meeting but like Big Mac and Sugar Belle I can Imagine a scenario where they start meeting and eventually fall for eachother. Plus its fun to imagine, two gay horses in love that isn’t women/mares for once.