Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is Scootalove so popular?

Mywas

(No I am not talking about the poster scootalove)

I never understood why people like Scootalove so much. I don't see the big deal about it. Scootaloo being an orphan is pure fanon. Its not really intresting. Can somebody explain this to me?

• Brohoof 3

we have yet to see her parents. And being a pegesus and not flying is rather sad. Folks take pegesi as there oc's because they wish to fly themselves. Scoots is one and is still denied. :)

I've noticed it too, but like Malinter mentioned, we have yet to see her parents.  However, I, for one think there should be more episodes involving her sister-like relationship with Rainbow Dash.  Like I wish there were an entire episode featuring Rainbow teaching Scootaloo how to fly. 

we have yet to see her parents. And being a pegesus and not flying is rather sad. Folks take pegesi as there oc's because they wish to fly themselves. Scoots is one and is still denied. :)

Let me also add they are athletic and not eggheads, ;)

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Because unlike the other members of the CMC, we never see any of her family.

I myself don't personally believe in that but it is the reason I could think of why somebody might think that she is an orphan. And of course, to people who do believe it, she is a kind of underdog character.

I'm not sure what else, as nothing comes to mind.

Edited by Captain Jack
  • Brohoof 1

Because unlike the other members of the CMC, we never see any of her family. In addition, we never get to see where she lives, either. She just kind of tags along wherever they go.

I myself don't personally believe in that but they're the reasons I could think of why somebody might think that.

We saw her room in Flight To The Finish.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

'Cause Scoots is forever alone compared to the rest of the cast, she's had no family revealed and many fans would like to see her get more love in that regards, especially with Rainbow in particular due to her admiration and the push for their relationship.Also keep in mind that this gained a lot of steam between season 2 and 3 due to how many fans felt like Scootaloo was getting no love from the writers. On top of that besides Scoots, Rainbow's family has been show the least right after Scoots(well Fluttershy has the least but a lot of fans consider the animals her family), so they put two and two together and voila. 

Plus it's so goddamn adorable

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 2

It is popular because it is seen as adorable and because it presents some excellent character development opportunities for both Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo. It is not confirmed that Scootaloo is an orphan as is often depicted in fanfics but we do know that she may have some family issues or be an only child and there is the whole matter of not being able to fly, Scootaloo probably wants the kind of relationship with Rainbow Dash that Sweetie Belle has with Rarity and Applebloom has with Applejack. Rainbow Dash has been shown to have glaring insecurities and trouble expressing her emotions and a sister like relationship with Scootaloo could help her be able to get over those insecurities about expressing her emotions because we know that she really is a big softie deep down.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

I've never understood the popularity past "Ohey they're like sisters but they're really not and 20% cooler Sonic Rainboom :muffins: :wub: "

People are so...infatuated with the idea of them being sisters that it was one of two things (the other being Luna) to save what was otherwise an objectively terrible episode, and I hate throwing that damn word around because I like watching the show subjectively; it's just more fun for me that way :D

Their popularity has always confused, yet fascinated me. I can't understand it, but I'm one of those douchey Rarity fans and it seems to be more of an RD thing, which, of course, those two fanbases have proven to be polar opposites and disagree quite often. (There's even an admin-made topic about it on here.)

I don't understand it's popularity past the shallowness of "d'awwww," but I like to think there's often more to it than that I'm not seeing here.

Of course, Sleepless in Ponyville and Flight to the Finish are still two of my least favorite episodes, but not because of Scootalove :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 1

It makes up for the scootabuse that was there before. I just wish there was a little more of it in the show.

While I don't care about Scootaloo I hate Scootabuse. If people wanted to maje fun of her you can call her a chiken or make fun if hiw tomboyish she is. But hateart is just immature
  • Brohoof 1

I never understood why people like Scootalove so much. I don't see the big deal about it. Scootaloo being an orphan is pure fanon. Its not really intresting. Can somebody explain this to me?

I love Scootaloo she’s my faverite pony:

But is Scootalove a nickname for Scootaloo or does it mean something relating to something about her or something?

Sorry I’m confused

(edited)

I've never understood the popularity past "Ohey they're like sisters but they're really not and 20% cooler Sonic Rainboom :muffins: :wub: "

People are so...infatuated with the idea of them being sisters that it was one of two things (the other being Luna) to save what was otherwise an objectively terrible episode, and I hate throwing that damn word around because I like watching the show subjectively; it's just more fun for me that way :D

Their popularity has always confused, yet fascinated me. I can't understand it, but I'm one of those douchey Rarity fans and it seems to be more of an RD thing, which, of course, those two fanbases have proven to be polar opposites and disagree quite often. (There's even an admin-made topic about it on here.)

I don't understand it's popularity past the shallowness of "d'awwww," but I like to think there's often more to it than that I'm not seeing here.

Of course, Sleepless in Ponyville and Flight to the Finish are still two of my least favorite episodes, but not because of Scootalove :D

I still don't understand why you dislike 'Sleepless in Ponyville', and Rarity is my favorite character. I suppose it could be that, despite my love for Rarity, I like RD a lot (an oddly rare trait in the fandom). 

The reason Scootalove is so popular is the ironic tension behind Scoots idolization of RD. Scootaloo can't fly and might never be able to, Dashie is the one of the best flyers in all of Equestria. 'Flight to the Finish' showcased how sensitive Scootaloo is to her flightlessness, yet despite this she still looks at Rainbow as a role model. Scootaloo isn't obsessed with Rainbow just because she's a great flyer though, she's obsessed with her because she's the type of person Scoots wants to be. That is why Scootalove is so popular, because there IS depth to their relationship besides "d'awwwwwww" (though it is pretty cute).

EDIT: I don't assume she's orphan either, because the show hasn't implied or shown it in any way imo.

Edited by DryColt84
  • Brohoof 3

I still don't understand why you dislike 'Sleepless in Ponyville', and Rarity is my favorite character. I suppose it could be that, despite my love for Rarity, I like RD a lot (an oddly rare trait in the fandom). 

The reason Scootalove is so popular is the ironic tension behind Scoots idolization of RD. Scootaloo can't fly and might never be able to, Dashie is the one of the best flyers in all of Equestria. 'Flight to the Finish' showcased how sensitive Scootaloo is to her flightlessness, yet despite this she still looks at Rainbow as a role model. Scootaloo isn't obsessed with Rainbow just because she's a great flyer though, she's obsessed with her because she's the type of person Scoots wants to be. That is why Scootalove is so popular, because there IS depth to their relationship besides "d'awwwwwww" (though it is pretty cute).

EDIT: I don't assume she's orphan either, because the show hasn't implied or shown it in any way imo.

Thank you. That was a really good explaination. It makes sense although I still don't care about it. But I could see why others do
  • Brohoof 1

I honestly think that Scootaloo isn't an orphan, she just lives with a normal family and they are just busy at work or something.

• Brohoof 2

I honestly think that Scootaloo isn't an orphan, she just lives with a normal family and they are just busy at work or something.

Hi, what the heck is Scootalove?

Is it Scootaloos nickname or something?

@,

Scootalove is the belief that Scootaloo is shipped like fedex an orphan. Scootalove stories, in my opinion are as unoriginal as hell as they have predictable endings "OMG, RAINBOW DASH BECOMES SCOOTALOO'S SISTER AND ADOPTS HER? WHO. WOULD. OF. FREAKING. GUESSED!". Seriously. I hate them.

• Brohoof 1