Moog the Kvlt

Milkshakes, Smoothies or Slushies  

92 users have voted

1. 1. Which is better

• Milkshake
    • Smoothie
    • Slushie
    • I like them all a lot

Definitely smoothies.  When done right they *can* be the healthiest of the three, plus it has the creaminess of a milkshake that I enjoy. 

A slushie doesn't feel as filling (and thus as thoroughly satisfying) as a good milkshake or smoothie. 

I love both milkshakes and smoothies (slushies are OK, but they don't even compare imo). If I had to pick from the 3, I would definitely say smoothies because I could have them just about any time of day and I don't feel guilty about having one! A milkshake has a different effect on me post-workout! :P

Tough choice between smoothies and milkshakes but I might have to go with Milkshakes as I don't have them very often so they're a nice treat now and then. I have the innocent smoothies everyday at work so although they're really nice I tend to get a bored of them.

I like 'em all, but milkshakes are definitely my favorite. Any flavor, really - I had a maple-flavored milkshake with bacon bits in it once. It was surprisingly good! If I had to choose a flavor... vanilla master race.

Milkshakes are my favorite, especially when they're so thick they'll hardly go through a straw, but I rarely partake. Lactose intolerance ruins so many good things. sad.png

Smoothies are still viable, and they're good too. At least with these I can substitute actual milk with soy or almond milk and be dairy-free, whereas with a milkshake there's still the inescapable ice cream element. Water could be used too but that's not as good. Smoothies are healthier anyway, so I guess I should be grateful for that.

Slushies/Slurpees/whatever else you may call them are the best when one simply needs to cool off on a hot day. Wouldn't drink them any other time, personally.

I love them all, but milkshakes have to be my favorite. There's a small family owned diner near my house that serves an AWESOME peppermint milkshake, made with real ice cream and finely crushed peppermint candies.

I could drink those all day! wub.png

For those of you complaining about how "this drink isn't available for the choices"

The idea for this poll was when me and my friends were discussing this after

Our school sold smoothies for the first time

So no, I will not add on any other options

And besides isn't 3 choices good enough for you people

Hhmm...This is kinda a hard decison.Milkshakes are delicous and so are smoothies,and slushies are delicious,too.I have'nt had these 3 in a while so im not sure yet.I guess i choose all of them.

And besides isn't 3 choices good enough for you people

NO. JEEZ. What's WRONG with you? I can't stand you and your not-having-more-than-3-options-in-the-poll-ways. It makes me REALLY MAD. SO MAD that I CAPITALIZE RANDOM WORDS IN MY SENTENCES.

Btw, Frances said something about malts. He is correct; those are yummy. Don't you have any room in your heart for MALTS, sir/madam?!

• Brohoof 1

NO. JEEZ. What's WRONG with you? I can't stand you and your not-having-more-than-3-options-in-the-poll-ways. It makes me REALLY MAD. SO MAD that I CAPITALIZE RANDOM WORDS IN MY SENTENCES.

Btw, Frances said something about malts. He is correct; those are yummy. Don't you have any room in your heart for MALTS, sir/madam?!

I don't think that I recall knowing what the hell Malts are supposed to be

No, seriously the name doesn't seem familiar to me at all

I voted for milkshake as that's overall what I prefer, I never drink smoothies and I rarely drink slushies... But I do occasionally freeze my Budweisers to make beer slushies :P

wut? You don't know what malts are? What the HELL is wrong you? Here, let's go to wikipedia, the fount of all knowledge:

When malted milk is added, a milkshake is called a malted milkshake, a malt shake (or maltshake), a malted, or simply a malt. They are also called thick milkshakes in the United Kingdom, a frappe (pronounced "frap") in parts of New England and Canada.[2]

See? Doesn't that sound yummy-tastic? Don't you realize what you're turning your back on?!

• Brohoof 1

Don't particularly care about the healthy factor but since too much milk

makes me queasy and since I'm a fruitaholic, it's smoothie all the way. ¤  u ¤

Plus I prefer a little less sweet liquids... Sweets should be munched! >;B

" Smoothies are still viable, and they're good too. At least with these I can substitute actual milk with soy or almond milk and be dairy-free, whereas with a milkshake there's still the inescapable ice cream element. Water could be used too but that's not as good. Smoothies are healthier anyway, so I guess I should be grateful for that. "

Have you considered using soy icecream?

I'm quite sure one can make terrific milkshakes with that. biggrin.png 

wut? You don't know what malts are? What the HELL is wrong you? Here, let's go to wikipedia, the fount of all knowledge:

See? Doesn't that sound yummy-tastic? Don't you realize what you're turning your back on?!

Well I live in Canada so that explains why I've heard the word Frappe

But I've never heard the word Malts before

And Malts can count as a glorified version of milkshakes

So yeah if you wanna vote for malts, then just put down milkshake

• Brohoof 1

I'm a skinny guy, but if I had access to milkshakes 24/7, I'm pretty sure I'd be obese.

Have you ever tried Cold Stone's "Milk and Cookies" shake?  Heaven in a cup.

I like smoothies the best, especially the homemade ones my mom makes me, they're delicious. I like milkshakes too, never been a fan of slushies personally though.

• 10 months later...

I'm a smoothie girl.

I love smoothies with a lot of different fruits in it, like blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, bananas, pomegranates, black berries, mangos, acai berries, etc.

post-14906-0-56568400-1389610903_thumb.jpg