Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Regarding black chocolate, which cacao% is the best?

Wallroux

Cacao%  

11 users have voted

1. 1. Which percentage do you prefer?

• 35-40%
    • 40-45%
    • 45-50%
    • 50-55%
    • 55-60%
    • 60-65%
    • 65-70%
    • 70-75%
    • 75-80%
    • 80-85%
    • 85-90%
    • 90-95%
    • 95-100%

Not everypony likes black chocolate and not everypony likes the same cacao content. Personally, I like it around 80-85%, especially the flavoured ones.What about you?

Edited by Wallroux
  • Brohoof 1

Blegh. Anything above 60-70% I don't think even tastes like chocolate. I don't understand how someone could even make a 100% cacao bar. It would jut taste awful. I like it when the cacao is under 50%.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Blegh. Anything above 60-70% I don't think even tastes like chocolate. I don't understand how someone could even make a 100% cacao bar. It would jut taste awful. I like it when the cacao is under 50%.

Well, that is the real chocolate flavour, at least the real cocoa flavour. You should try them, an entirely different world! Once, I ate a bit of the 99% stuff...it was a bar of edible torment..

Edited by Wallroux

I went with 60-65.  I recently graduated from 53%.  Dark dark chocolate is an acquired taste.  You ease into it one grade at a time until you are eating chocolate that would have been repugnant to you initially.

• Brohoof 1

oh man i love dark chocolate but i have no clue what the different percentages taste like :/

i will usually eat anything labeled dark chocolate if its still sweetened. my mom once bought some "cooking" chocolate with wasn't sweetened, and it was pretty unpalatable. i also don't like milk chocolate, i always end up feeling sick to my stomach afterwards.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

I am one of those unironically unsophisiticated fools who doesn't fully appreciate the distinctiveness of dark chocolate vs. many supermarket varieties, just like the differences in sound between an upright piano and a concert grand piano. I've had a variety of dark chocolates but I haven't had enough of any of them to choose a particular one over the other.

• Brohoof 1

I think the most I've ever had was 95%. Gave some to the people I was rooming with at the time, and they apparently almost vomited upon consumption. They repeatedly questioned how I could like such a thing. I just laughed and kept enjoying the bitterness.

I would actually very much like to try a 100% bar if I could find one. I've been wondering what it would taste like for quite a while.

Anyway, to answer the question, I'd put my range at around 75%-90%. If I had to narrow it down a bit more, probably 80%-85%.

• Brohoof 1

I guess about 80-85%, as long as the cacao does not taste too chunky and unedible. Besides, chocolate needs to taste rich and good not nasty and chunky.

• Brohoof 1

Love cadbury chocolate more then anything else, and with easting comming up its a great time to buy it really cheap :D

It's milk chocolate so i don't think it has much cocoa it has very much cocoa in it at all so i put down for the lowest one :)

• Brohoof 2

Where's the 100% option??! :P

I eat dark chocolate in certain senarios though, it goes well after eating certain foods, especially after eating something incredibly sweet, I like my dark chocolate with a high coca % but to be thin and crack when I bite it.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for the answers!

My fault Lost, I've fixed it just for ya'!

I've tried Cadbury and it is really delicious, but very hard to get here, not like Mikado, which is the same as Pocky.It was a long time ago when I felt it's taste, so I don't remember, just that it is crunchy!

As much as I love dark chocolate, I'm no chocolate connoisseur. I had to go look up the percentages of the chocolates I usually eat and it turns out that enjoy anything in the range of 45 - 60%. I don't think I've ever had any outside that range; I guess I'll to try it one of these days.

• Brohoof 1