Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo relationship

RainbowFlash82

So we all know that Apple Bloom is Apple Jack's sister and Sweetiebell is Rarity's. But what about Scootaloo! We've never seen or heard about Scootaloo's family. I've been thinking, could Scootaloo have some kind of connection to Rainbow Dash? I mean like she's a pegasus, she acts like Rainbow dash and she looks up to Rainbow Dash. What do you ponies think about this connection?

I just think that since Scootaloo is if not an orphan than at the very least an only child that she really wants the kind of sisterly relationship that Applebloom has with Applejack and Sweetie Belle has with Rarity. It is only natural to want to feel loved and appreciated and even the headstrong and sometimes brash Scootaloo has this basic desire and her relationship with Rainbow Dash seems to be meeting this need for love and attention. I am very pleased that this happened both because it is completely adorable and it presents some excellent character growth and story telling opportunities for both Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash.

• Brohoof 2

As Spartan said, they're not blood related, but I do like EarthBending's take that it's awesome and adorable that Scootaloo wants Rainbow Dash to be like her big sister, and that Rainbow Dash actually agreed to take Scootaloo under her wing.

The one thing I really want is an episode in season four to expand upon this. Yes, we know that Rainbow Dash now is going to be much closer to Scootaloo and we got that cute tid bit at the end of Sleepless in Ponyville where Rainbow Dash was holding Scootaloo while flying in the air, but I want to see what exactly their new relationship will entail. Will Rainbow Dash be doing awesome stunts with Scootaloo? Will Rainbow Dash read Daring Do to Scootaloo before bedtime?

*Takes a puff on pipe*

Experts want to know!

I really want to know about Scootaloo's background. Does she actually have family? Is there something wrong with her wings? (Didn't Lauren Faust mention that she was meant to be somewhat disabled?)

I just hope she and Dashie hang out more, and get a sisterly thing going :3

• Brohoof 1

They've been confirmed to not be related. If you've watched, 'Sleepless in Ponyville', you'll know that Dash has taken Scootaloo under her wing as a younger sister. Thus, clearly they aren't related if they are starting a surrogate relationship.

• Brohoof 2

We all see the similarity Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle have to their big sisters.  Scootaloo bears a similar resemblance to Rainbow Dash.  Although I never personally mistook them to be sisters, I wonder how many newcomers to the program do think or guess they are physically related until they learn that's not the case? 

Anyway, Scootalove is a beautiful thing to see!

Edited by Wingnut

They've been confirmed to not be related. If you've watched, 'Sleepless in Ponyville', you'll know that Dash has taken Scootaloo under her wing as a younger sister. Thus, clearly they aren't related if they are starting a surrogate relationship.

Pretty much this.

I view them Scootaloo as RD's honorary litter sister. In my fan ficiton I write as if they are two very close ponies (almost sisters, but not quite).

We all see the similarity Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle have to their big sisters.  Scootaloo bears a similar resemblance to Rainbow Dash.  Although I never personally mistook them to be sisters, I wonder how many newcomers to the program do think or guess they are physically related until they learn that's not the case? 

Anyway, Scootalove is a beautiful thing to see!

In that case the newcomers need to watch the series from season 1 down, which is easy to do via YouTube and Netflix :3

It's never even been hinted that they're related, and if they were, ti would have been revealed long ago. Scootaloo and RD have shared episodes numerous times in the show already.

I'm kinda hoping for season 4 we learn more about Scootaloo's home life and I hope they take a break with the whole RD Scootaloo sister thing. It seems that's is all Scootaloo talks about when she is in an episode about the CMC or RD. We need more of her background. Like who her family is and why she can't fly?

That's just me.

I'm kinda hoping for season 4 we learn more about Scootaloo's home life and I hope they take a break with the whole RD Scootaloo sister thing. It seems that's is all Scootaloo talks about when she is in an episode about the CMC or RD. We need more of her background. Like who her family is and why she can't fly?

That's just me.

I agree. As much as I'm interested in the possibilities of a sisterly relationship between 2nd and 4th Best Pony, it's always great when the CMC get development outside of their interactions with their siblings.

I can see 3 outcomes to this whole thing:

1. Rainbow Dash teaches Scootaloo how to fly. The End.

2. Faust's original vision of Scoots being unable to fly is used and Dash helps her come to terms with that. This is my preferred option, because it has the most feels and interesting character development.

3. Same as above, but Scoots decides to leave Dash's apprenticeship to figure out her true destiny. Forgot where I heard this idea, but it's interesting and the most mature option.

Whatever option is picked, it'd be cool if the writers made it so Dash isn't a really good sister at first, and she'd have to become more caring and compassionate for Scootaloo's sake.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 2

I agree. As much as I'm interested in the possibilities of a sisterly relationship between 2nd and 4th Best Pony, it's always great when the CMC get development outside of their interactions with their siblings.

2. Faust's original vision of Scoots being unable to fly is used and Dash helps her come to terms with that. This is my preferred option, because it has the most feels and interesting character development.

3. Same as above, but Scoots decides to leave Dash's apprenticeship to figure out her true destiny. Forgot where I heard this idea, but it's interesting and the most mature option.

Whatever option is picked, it'd be cool if the writers made it so Dash isn't a really good sister at first, and she'd have to become more caring and compassionate for Scootaloo's sake.

Dude. Your last suggestion could totally be an episode on its own.

It could start out with Dash trying to be like a big sister to Scootaloo, but failing badly. She realizes she needs help, and she turns to Applejack and Rarity to get help at being a sister to Scootaloo.

Either that, or Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo team up and take down an underground cider operation set up by Flim and Flam.

Either option is fine with me.

• Brohoof 2

I like your second and third idea the most. The first one does not intreats me that much, because it just feels kinda weak.

I think they should go with Faust's original idea and have Scootaloo disabled. Maybe even her exciting this fate, but not letting it get her dow.

The third idea sounds good to, but I would have it like Rainbow Dash has gotten in the Wonderbolts and we look at how Scootaloo is dealing with this. Like would Scootaloo try and stop RD from joining or something along that line?

But still I would like them to take it easy on the sister thing and maybe not even talk about it next season, to much.

• Brohoof 1

As confirmed by Lauren Faust herself, Scootaloo and RD are no family whatsoever, which tells us Scootaloo is homeless or something like that. Its not a crazy idea.

As confirmed by Lauren Faust herself, Scootaloo and RD are no family whatsoever, which tells us Scootaloo is homeless or something like that. Its not a crazy idea.

I doubt she is homeless (come on guys/girls it is MLP!) she probably lives with family or foster parents or something like that. 

I doubt she is homeless (come on guys/girls it is MLP!) she probably lives with family or foster parents or something like that. 

That is not entirely impossible, even though it never explicitly stated it in the show some staff in the show confirmed that Applejack's parents are dead so it wouldn't be the first sad thing to be true yet never mentioned in the show. I don't think she is myself for the orphan thing I would say that is 50/50 but I personally think she is most likely an only child.

Noooo anything but Dash becoming more caring and compassionate! dry.png

For Scoots sake, hmmm I guess if its for Scootaloo an exception can be made.

I almost don't care what they do with the Dash-Scootaloo thread, as long as they do SOMETHING with it. I figured there'd be another mention of some sort late in season 3 but that didn't happen. It definitely needs to be expanded on. If they leave it hanging it'll be like another question that everyone in the room is too polite to ask. Kinda like Spike and Rarity... that got its "big reveal" episode, and since then it's kinda gotten ignored, and almost feels completely irrelevant. (Though the lack of a Rarity episode in season 3 is probably the reason for that. Apparently Spike at Your Service was supposed to be the Rarity episode and that plan got scrapped.)

So yeah... do something with this. It might actually be worth the effort.

• Brohoof 1