Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why has my Crystal Shine Pony been Signed?

LillyKitten

Today my friend and I went in and bought a few blind bags of Wave 7 Crystal Shine Ponies, they've been great to pepper around my studio in all the tiny spaces that just need more Ponies (one can never have enough!)

But I got something odd. My Rainbow Dash came out of the packet with what appears to be a signature on her leg, or a scribble, it's always hard to tell, some kind of motif on her side and #4 on her hoof. The card has the date 12/11/12 on it and a squiggle. The packet also has writing on it, but it's faded.

The strangest part is this packet was completely and undeniably sealed, so it's not vandalism that's happened in the store

Does anyone have ANY idea what's happened? Who signed her- Or squiggled on her? Has anyone else had this? I skimmed the topics here and I can't find any others, though my look wasn't thorough...

Any help or even educated guesses would be gratefully received!

post-14066-0-60329000-1364368829_thumb.jpg

post-14066-0-03006600-1364368940_thumb.jpg

Idk maybe someone opened it before? I'm not sure whos signature that even is, I can't really ready script that well. I assume its not a special person is it?

I guess you could just wash it off can't you?

I have no idea why that would be on there but it's pretty cool even if the person who signed it isn't anyone special. I'd be interested to find out what happened with that one. :P

That is pretty cool. I woudl keep it and possibly go nuts if I had a pony that was signed by one of the staff. You never know if it may be valuable in a few years or keepnig it for personal reasons. Whatever works for you.

@@LillyKitten,

look up the casts' signatures.......if those really are theirs then you may have something there, but I'm thinking from the giant 4# that someone opened the bag, did this, then resealed it (totally possible by the way)

Edited by Red

I've never heard of anything like this. Maybe it was some sort of factory prototype that wasn't meant to get out? I would suggest contacting Hasbro about it and if they can't tell you, just hold on to it. Maybe it's worth something.

looks like it may be a factory prototype that wasn't suppose to leave. I say that from the writing on the card *shrugs* either way it is pretty cool looking and I would hold on to it, it's a pretty nifty little oddity

• 3 weeks later...