New Future Generation: Ponies send letters to Princess Twilight?

not_a_name

I was talking with one of my friends, and she had a good idea. Seine in the fim generation of mlp, ponies send letters to Celestia, could it be a new generation of mlp where Twilight is like Celestia, where like the cmcs send letters to Twilight?  Just an idea...

• Brohoof 1

True, but i think that since it would be a new generation of mlp, they could mess with that stuff. and even says in S3E14 "Now we are all your students." So maybe, you do have a good point

This would only theoretically work if:

• The mane 6 were replaced by some other ponies that did not know twilight the way the current characters do.
  • Twilight had proven to have the knowledge and magical ability of Celestsia

Otherwise, people writing to Twi would be really odd to say the least.

Speaking of letters, though.. Since Twi is a princess, she doesn't need to write letters to Celestia anymore, right? So, I think we'll see some cool new ways to explain the morals in future episodes.

No, I don't think this would work. Twilight isn't immortal like Celestia is and will, eventually, die.

Just going to play Devil's Advocate for a minute and say that, while it is -likely- for Twilight to be like Cadence and not be immortal, as for the show to avoid the whole grim 'one day all my friends will die and I'll be lonely' fanon concept everyone loves to bandwagon on, we do not have any written proof saying that, yet.

• Brohoof 2

fSnYzne.png

Just going to play Devil's Advocate for a minute and say that, while it is -likely- for Twilight to be like Cadence and not be immortal, as for the show to avoid the whole grim 'one day all my friends will die and I'll be lonely' fanon concept everyone loves to bandwagon on, we do not have any written proof saying that, yet.

Well Yeah, we don't have proof. But seriously, do we really think the show writers will have a their character outlive her friends  and be lonely. That would be interesting to tell a kid.

..And Twilight outlived her friends who died of old age and now Twilight is lonely. But don't worry, because Twilight is still a princess! Yay!

• Brohoof 1

I think your on the right track but lets take it a step further. Have you ever seen The Legend of Korra, that sequel series to Avatar the Last Airbender? If you haven't then you should it's quite good, but if you have than you know that it takes place a good fifty or sixty years after the original show. Now I don't think MLP should have such a big time jump [ten years should be enough] but should G5 be a "sequel" of sorts to FiM then I think there should be some sort of time shift. It could be about a new mane 6 that feature the CMC and perhaps some of the original Mane 6's children or something. Hell maybe they could make it the mane 7 so we can have Babs Seed or something but that besides the point.

Basically what I'm getting at is this:

• G5 should be a sequel to Friendship is Magic that takes place about ten or fifteen years after the original show.
  • The main characters should be the CMC and children of the current Mane 6.
  • Twilight will take the responsibility of ruling Equestria because Celestia and Luna....uhhh get lazy or something.
  • Old characters will return like the CMC [as stated above], the original Mane 6, Spike, Celestia and Luna, You get the idea.
  • The theme song may or may not sound like this.

That's basically what I want G5 to be. I'd hate to see Hasbro just start fresh and forget about the world they spent three [and hopefully more] seasons to build. As for writing letters....Eh season 3 seemed to be able to get the moral across without really writing any letters so I don't think they would need to go back to that.

Edited by Victini

vaporeon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Vaporeon: N-Harmonia        : Ampharos      @Flareon: Descant/Bard

@Espeon:  Locked        @Umbreon: Lhee        @Leafeon:   Firebolt        @Glaceon: Mal       @SylveonDon'tDropThatDedenne

A next generation of the show could have the same following G4 has if they keep to the characters have some depth and being interesting and allowing for many situations that are creative and respectful to the audience would work. But Twilight isn't immortal such as Celestia and Luna (there needs to be an explination on what makes certain alicorns be immortal or not). I would dig a 5th generation after this one eventually ends, but with keeping with the style G4 has of interesting characters and world to explore without making the mistakes the past generations did.

i honestly don't see how this would work. first of all twilight is probably never going to be as powerful (control wise) as Celestia. Also i don't see how the CMCs could replace the Mane6. they are not as fleshed out and there are fewer of them, so that gives the creators less opportunity for stories.