• Four Swords Adventures
    • Twilight Princess
    • The Minish Cap
    • Skyward Sword
    • Phantom Hourglass
    • Spirit Tracks
    • A Link Between Worlds
    • Hyrule Warriors

Legend of Zelda is a great game series. I want to know which games is your favorite. Vote above and post reasons below.

My favorite is Twilight Princess. I know not many people like this one, but I really like this one. It was also the first one I had ever played in the series. It was very dark (I like dark) and had a great story. Also, it had Midna, the best Legend of Zelda character ever.

Feel free to discuss the series as well. :)

Edited by Blue Moon

Personally, I absolutely love Majora's Mask! Mainly because of all the sidequests with the masks, the story, and how everything is controlled by time. 

• Brohoof 3

Overall - Ocarina of Time

Story - Skyward Sword

Gameplay - Majoras Mask

Puzzles And characters - Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Overworld/Dungeon/Weapons/Enemies - Link to the Past

Zelda games are the best, I can't really choose between them.  But if I had to tell a person to play one game it would have to be Ocarina of Time because I think it encompasses the true essense of all the games in the series

• Brohoof 1

Skyward Sword.

Because it had the most enjoyable gameplay, in my opinion.

Story and character wise.. I gotta go with Twilight Princess.

Edited by Floris
  • Brohoof 1

Mine has to be Ocarina of Time. Every time I play it I get such a huge sense of adventure and wonder. I never played too much of Link to the Past. Majora's Mask is incredibly good as well though, Twilight Princess was good too, but it fell short of OOT and MM. I would like to play more of Wind Waked at some point.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

Overall: Twilight Princess

Story: Twilight Princess

Gameplay: Twilight Princess

Puzzles: Ocarina of Time

Overworld: Wind Waker

Art Style: Wind Waker 

Best Music: Twilight Princess (I love Midna's Lament)

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. Because A) I'm crazy B ) My first Zelda game (we didn't have the first one and "didn't know better," according to my bro) and C) The gameplay that everyone hates so much, I love. Love the stats mechanics, too. Btw, if you ever play the Adventure Time game for the DS, it plays a lot like Zelda II. It's also an awesome game.

Edited by Telegraph
  • Brohoof 1

for me it's a tie between Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. I liked them for the puzzles and the nostalgia factor. Those are the only two LOZ games i will play since i get hated on for playing Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword.

I must have to say that Phantom Hourglass because is the only one i have played xDDD

but i really like that game, i hope the others to be as good as it, i will play the others someday xD

Majora's Mask is my all time favorite video game ever, so that wins by default.

I do think Twilight Princess gets a little too much hate, though. I thought it was an incredible game.

Edited by Bardock
  • Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

I choose Wind Waker, mainly for its style, gameplay and the overworld. I can remember having having a great time exploring every island in the ocean. Twilight Princess is my second. I like it mainly because of how dark it was, but I found the game too easy.

Even though Wind Waker is my all-time favourite, I'm not really hyped at all for the Wii U remastered version.

I played Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask when I was too little to know what I was doing. Of course I get nostalgic about them and enjoy them, but both are completely overrated. Actually, just one. Ocarina was great, it brought the series into the realm of 3D consoles gracefully and kept the same feel as the 2D games, somehow. Majora's Mask was a rushed game that ran on Ocarina's engine and with the addition of masks. Nothing else. The story is deep and dark, but people act like there's a ton of hidden meaning and it becomes obscured. You cannot argue that it is better than Ocarina, because without that game it wouldn't exist. Heck, it started off as an expansion.
My favorite is Spirit Tracks, because I played and liked the DS games. I know I'm alone on it, but the music and the cutesy graphics and the gameplay are all stellar through my nostalgia goggles. The again, I did enjoy Skyward Sword.

I personally think that Twilight Princess is the best TLoZ-game. I really liked the story through the whole game, I really liked Midna and I loved the music in Twilight Princess.

Ocarina of Time would be my second favorite, and it's a tie between Wind Waker and Majora's mask for third place.

• Brohoof 1

Link's Awakening for Game Boy. To me it's Zelda 1 with it's formula perfected. Like Zelda 1, most of the game is spent finding the 8 dungeons than going to the final dungeon to finish it off, but everything is just done so much better. Every dungeon has a unique music track, all of them great. Each dungeon has two bosses, each unique and fun to fight. The story is more emotionally investing but doesn't overstay it's welcome (Don't like too much exposition in my Zelda games).

Link to the Past felt bigger and was pretty much Zelda 1 expanded, but I like Link's Awakening more because it's shorter, more focused and captures and perfects what I loved about Zelda 1.

Edited by Jammo

Even though I much prefer playing as adult link over young link, I preferred Majora over Ocarina (which is still one of my all-time favorite games, though) mainly because the tone seemed a lot darker than its predecessor even while retaining the bright and colorful look. A lot of people think TP is dark, but really that one struck me as "trying too hard to be dark" whereas Majora really nailed it, at least for me.

Many complained about the 3 day thing, but it was really a nonissue once you discovered the reversed Song of Time. What did bug, however, was the fact that going back to Day 1 was the only way to save. I still think the save mechanic should've been separate from the time travel, but it wasn't an experience breaker for me.

The whole series just rocks, though. Can't think of a single game I've disliked other than the CDI ones, which I think we all can agree don't really count.

Link's Awakening is my favorite of all time. Sure it the story isn't anything like OoT or Twilight Princess, but I love it alot. Other than Genie, Evil Eagle, and 2 optional bosses in the color dungeon, the bosses are cake walks. While a couple of bosses take time, they really aren't hard to beat. Still a very great game.

My favorite has to be Majora's Mask... just the overall darkness... However I also really liked Oracle of Ages, especially in terms of puzzles. 

Overall: Majora's Mask

Story: Twilight Princess for main story but Majora's Mask for side stories (Anju and Kafei sidequest)

Gameplay: Majora's Mask

Puzzles: Oracle of Ages

Overworld: Wind Waker

Art Style: Twilight Princess

Best Music: Majora's Mask (Final Hours)

Wind Waker. That feel of exploring the seas just hasn't been matched by any of the other Zelda games I've played so far. The music of the game is fantastic! I remember spending spending countless hours learning how to play it on my saxophone. They made a really good symphonic movement of Wind Waker's songs too (

; it's also my favorite track on the cd). 

My second choice is a tie between Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Skyward Sword is definitely second on my list (a really close second). I loved pretty much everything about the game, but flying around on a bird just didn't feel as great as sailing a boat for some reason; I guess the world just didn't feel quite as wide as it did in Wind Waker. I must say, though, that Skyward Sword has my favorite Zelda (the character) of the series to date. 

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

Mine have to be Twilight Princess, Wind Waker and Majoras Mask. TP, because it's lengthy and dark, WW because I personally liked the sailing part and MM because masks. Nuff said. 

Edited by NineStrike

Twilight Princess for me. As someone who enjoys story and atmosphere above all else in a series TP delivered most on that out of the few I've played. (haven't played many of the 2D ones and haven't played more than half of Majora's Mask or any of Skyward Sword)

I'd also go so far as to say it had the best gameplay too though. I really liked the secret moves.

One of my favorite sequences in it is the "showdown" in the hidden village in the mountains when you have to kill all the goblins.

• Brohoof 2

@,

Heads-up that a larger thread for favourite Zelda game exists, so I've merged your thread with it. In the future, please use our search feature to check for existing threads - cheers :)

@,

Heads-up that a larger thread for favourite Zelda game exists, so I've merged your thread with it. In the future, please use our search feature to check for existing threads - cheers :)

Couldn't find anything Zelda related for some reason. Probably just me, I am strange like that. :/