• Four Swords Adventures
    • Twilight Princess
    • The Minish Cap
    • Skyward Sword
    • Phantom Hourglass
    • Spirit Tracks
    • A Link Between Worlds
    • Hyrule Warriors

Its like a creepypasta, but more realistic then Ben Drowned.

It kind of is I guess! The Ben one's pretty funny though, as Link's statue really does look like something out of a horror film! xD

In the theory video, the way they compared the other three statues and showed that all the characters they depicted were dead, was when I started to think that this theory could be plausible. It is an interesting theory!

Anyway, I can't believe nopony's mentioned Link to the Past yet!  That's my favorite.  

http://mlpforums.com/topic/96001-noticed-a-twilight-character-comparison/

I still consider A Link to the Past the greatest game ever made.

Anywho, I've always liked the Zelda series(with aLttP and Twilight Princess being my favorites), but for some reason I'm not as into the series as I once was. I still need to finish Majora's Mask, Minish Cap, and Windwaker(I was looking for the last Triforce Shard before my save file was obliterated), I never bothered buying Skyward Sword(though it's probably because my Wii stopped reading Wii discs). I still definitely plan on finishing them in the future though. 

And I greatly look forward to seeing the Next Zelda on the Wii U

I used to love these games like crazy. Well, I still do, I just don't play them as much lately. Hmmm, I should really go back and fire up my N64 and GameCube/Wii and play them once more for old time sakes. X)

Majora's Mask and Wind Waker are by far my two favorites and what id call the best of them all. I have to give A Link Between Worlds third place on my favorites as well.

The hand helds were also quite good. Of those ive played ALTTP, Minish Cap, and I think ALBW were the only ones.

I love MM because of how dark it really is. That has always made me so fascinated with lt once i really looked deeper than just the gameplay. Everything about it just made me love lt. The temples, the story, the whole time control, and just generally the way lt feels. It has much more emotion in its song than others, probably cause they all revolve around a dark center. Just literally everything in it was good.

Wind Waker got me hooked initially from its art style, cell shading. I found it to be the most glorious thing back then and even now I still think highly of it. The addition of sailing was also another big plus for me. Yes, it was monotonous and boring for most, but something about it I just loved. I also love fighting on the boat in the wide open sea. Something about it is just so awesome. I do believe that this game either gave me my whole affinity to water as an element or in the least sure as hell helped solidify it. X)

The whole thing about the old Hyrule being flooded and still under you kinda fascinated me. When you actually go down there is prolly one of my favorite parts of the game. The actual place down there is absolutely gorgeous and I really wish that you could have explored more. Im always saddened when I go down there and I try to walk around and then suddenly BARRIER to the face. xD

I have to get the HD remake as soon as I get a Wii U. And I really hope theu do a remake of MM as well.

• Brohoof 2

7Crdz3K.png

I was looking for OoT in the poll and it was listed under the option starting with Faces of Ev-- WHAT IS THIS. What did OoT do to deserve such a fate... -_-

Also.

Rupoor... Rarity?

KpTJZUs.jpg

Lh0Gcgz.jpg

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'd like to believe I'm a huge Zelda fan, but if I'm honest, I'm not nearly as big a fan as some. First one I played was Ocarina, and it's still a beautiful game. Majora's Mask was great, too—I never understood the flak it got from some folk. Wind Waker was neat, and although I wasn't overly fond of the art style, it still worked. Twilight Princess was fantastic; my main beef was that I got stuck for days trying to figure out how to get up the mountain to the Yeti's Domain. It was by pure chance that I happened to go where I needed to go eventually. But aside from that, it was great.

And then there's Skyward Sword. Best. Game. Ever.

Storyline? I cried at least once or twice in there. Music? Epic as balls. Gameplay? I near 'bout had a friggin' heart attack the first time I went through the Spirit Trials, and that was incredible. Everything about it was pure, absolute, unadulterated yes.

I say I'm not the biggest fan largely because, as brilliant and well-made as they no-doubt are, I simply could never get that into the top-down style games, comprising probably at least half of Zelda games. They're great, I'm sure, I just don't enjoy that style of gameplay.

So looking forward to Zelda Wii U being announced at E3 in June!

Edited by Henny Penny Benny

The new game for Wii U is called Zelda 2 by Walmart and they say it's an RPG.

Remake of Adventure of Link?

Hope so! And I hope they make the game-pad have some cool purpose, like launching arrows with it, like a crossbow.

TingleSigBar.gif

• 1 month later...

I'm actually a little surprised I haven't posted in this topic yet.

My favorite games are Twilight Princess, Wind Waker and Minish Cap.

On the note of Twilight Princess, I really, really don't see how people can say it's a clone of Ocarina of Time. The two are nothing alike other than using a few similar themes and location names.

My Minish Cap was stolen a long time ago...probably. We had some neighbors that would come over to our house and steal our shit. We haven't let people into our house since. I miss that game and I hope it gets put up on the Wii-U store (if it hasn't been already, dunno since I don't have a Wii-U yet) so I can play it again.

Wind Waker is just style. It's kind of a pain to play through multiple times because of all the wasted time travelling between islands but once you get to

Hyrule

it get's pretty amazing. I wish I could explore it more instead of being stuck at the castle. See Wind Waker's version of it.

---

I can't wait for Hyrule Warriors and that new open-world Zelda game. Both look pretty amazing.

Oh, man, I'm a HUGE Zelda nerd.

Ok, not really huge, like, I don't buy merchandise, read comics, write/read fanfiction like I do MLP FiM, but

It's probably my favorite video game series.

I've played every game except the first 2(Couldn't get into them), the oracle games, and the recent one(Don't have a 3ds)

Fav game: Majora's Mask

Second fav: OOT

Third fav: Wind Waker

I can NOT wait for Zelda Wii U, it looks amazing.

Of course, I need to get a Wii U first, Ha Ha.

I just started playing legend of Zelda. I got legend of Zelda a link between two worlds and it's awesome for my first game! I love it! 

I don't care what pony you like because I like everypony!

Well i never played a zelda game,but i have seen complete non commentated(thank god) walkthroughs of about all of them. 

I enjoyed Wind Waker and OoT,Majora's Mask,but Skyward Sword was the most enjoyable to watch for me  ^_^

sig-27460.i2QLbt3.jpgOatmeal, are you crazy?!

"Silly, you are already under my control."- Pinkie Pie
Signature made by me, because resistance truly is futile, silly.

Currently still undergoing maintenance. Yes, i can do that, im a program, silly.

*Looks at avatar of best pony.*  Hmmm...  I think I will begin by bragging lol.

I've completed the following Zelda titles (without save states, for those that had the option):

The Legend of Zelda

Zelda II (I actually love this one, but platforming / action + light RPG elements gets me right in the Power Glove)

A Link to the Past

Link's Awakening

Ocarina of Time (as well as the 3D remake)

Majora's Mask

Weedwhacker Windwaker (as well as the Wii U remake)

Spirit Tracks

Twilight Princess

A Link Between Worlds (relatively easy, but so so so fun)

My favorites are probably Zelda II (yes, really), A Link Between Worlds (I think it's better than ALttP - don't attack me with killer Cuccos!), Ocarina of Time (it pretty much has to be lol), and Twilight Princess (Midna > Zelda, I say).  Though pretty much all Zeldas are masterpieces (or near as much), in my book.

My Minish Cap was stolen a long time ago...probably. We had some neighbors that would come over to our house and steal our shit. We haven't let people into our house since. I miss that game and I hope it gets put up on the Wii-U store (if it hasn't been already, dunno since I don't have a Wii-U yet) so I can play it again.

I can't wait for Hyrule Warriors and that new open-world Zelda game. Both look pretty amazing.

Anyone who would steal someone's Zelda game deserves to be trampled by Epona lol.  I'd say Cucco attacked, but that may actually be too cruel.  And Minish Cap was added to the Wii U Virtual Console just this month!  I keep meaning to download it, but I spent all my rupees on MK8 and Tomodachi Life.  (I hope you're counting my Zelda references xD.)  E3 sold me on Hyrule Warriors (yay Midna!), and my jaw actually dropped during the Wii U Zelda reveal.

zbVhNRD.gif
"It uses the faculty of what you call imagination. But that does not mean making things up. It is a form of seeing." - from "The Amber Spyglass"

My favorite Zelda game is definitely Wind Waker. I just loved the open sea and art style ( and of course the other bits and pieces. I don't want to drone on about it though).

Unfortunately, I seem to be falling out of love with the Zelda series, or maybe it was just this particular E3's showing. I'm just not that excited for Zelda games right now: Hyrule Warriors' limited multiplayer destroys any interest I would have had in the game and the teaser for the open world game just didn't hype me up.

I love The Legend of Zelda games!!!

My favorites are:

1. Ocarina of Time

2. Majora's Mask

3. Wind Waker

4. Link to the Past

5. Twilight Princess

I've actually been replaying these games recently. Definitely one of my favorite series ever.

gc21Knt.png

(edited)

I just started replaying Twilight Princess today.  I forgot how strong the world-building in that game is.  It's not my favourite but I do really like it.  I also forgot how long the intro section is.  I played somewhat casually while skipping most of the dialogue and I put in around 3 hours only making it to the end of the first dungeon.

Far and away my favourites are the Oracles, with a slight favour to Ages over Seasons.  Those games had the same wow factor to me that the 2nd generation Pokémon games did.  When I realized just how much content existed in them for being Game Boy Color games, I was stunned.

Plus I'm a huge, nostalgic sucker for colourful 8-bit graphics.

I never cared much for Adventure of Link just for how much of a relentless grindfest it is.  It's a fun game mechanically but I just can't tolerate the overall tedium of actually going through the whole thing.

Majora's Mask I have an odd relationship with it.  It's the only other Zelda (besides AoL) I've never beat, but I like it.  At the same time though, I've been frustrated with various aspects of its design which often caused me to quit despite my progress.  The story is fantastic though, which makes it a game I can enjoy quite a lot from the sidelines.

It's also the only Zelda game I don't own.  It seems really up in the air at the moment whether or not a 3DS version will happen so I just don't know if I want to get it on Virtual Console or wait.

Edited by ErBoi

(edited)

I just started replaying Twilight Princess today.  I forgot how strong the world-building in that game is.  It's not my favourite but I do really like it.  I also forgot how long the intro section is.  I played somewhat casually while skipping most of the dialogue and I put in around 3 hours only making it to the end of the first dungeon.

Far and away my favourites are the Oracles, with a slight favour to Ages over Seasons.  Those games had the same wow factor to me that the 2nd generation Pokémon games did.  When I realized just how much content existed in them for being Game Boy Color games, I was stunned.

Plus I'm a huge, nostalgic sucker for colourful 8-bit graphics.

I never cared much for Adventure of Link just for how much of a relentless grindfest it is.  It's a fun game mechanically but I just can't tolerate the overall tedium of actually going through the whole thing.

Majora's Mask I have an odd relationship with it.  It's the only other Zelda (besides AoL) I've never beat, but I like it.  At the same time though, I've been frustrated with various aspects of its design which often caused me to quit despite my progress.  The story is fantastic though, which makes it a game I can enjoy quite a lot from the sidelines.

It's also the only Zelda game I don't own.  It seems really up in the air at the moment whether or not a 3DS version will happen so I just don't know if I want to get it on Virtual Console or wait.

Gyorg, Oh my god Gyorg. That fucking fish is the reason i cant sleep. I was only 6 years old when i first came across him. and ill never forget it. He was worse than Bongo-Bongo. Anyway, I really liked Majoras mask for its dark and unsettling feel. 

The only thing that scared me more than the Happy Mask Salesman was the Dead Hand from OoT.

Why not all of the above? No need to constrain the topic to just one purpose. :lol:

Wonderful! It is nice to have a non constrained thread. Unlike other devoted TLoZ forums where you get ripped for straying slightly off topic.  ^_^

Edited by DATA EXPUNGED

Does the Onion grace my presence?

Gyorg, Oh my god Gyorg. That fucking fish is the reason i cant sleep. I was only 6 years old when i first came across him. and ill never forget it. He was worse than Bongo-Bongo. Anyway, I really liked Majoras mask for its dark and unsettling feel. 

The only thing that scared me more than the Happy Mask Salesman was the Dead Hand from OoT.

Wonderful! It is nice to have a non constrained thread. Unlike other devoted TLoZ threads where you get ripped for going slightly off topic.  ^_^

Bah, I ignore the rippers. Topics that are forced to stay strictly on-topic die quickly. I try to prevent that

Btw, Dead Hand is one of the creepiest monsters I've ever seen in a game to this day. Most horror games can't even come close to how creepy that thing was. :lol:

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I'm a fan of the Zelda games and wanted to talk about them here, but I didn't see a thread for it so here is one now.
I have nothing much to say here so have a poll.

I'd also like to know this if you'd like to answer: What are your favorite Zelda songs?

Edited by Complexity
  • Brohoof 1