Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm surprised at the lack of a Video Game.

GrooveBroove

Remember that the target audience is preteens, so they would be inclined to market games which suited that audience (i.e., kids games). I have my doubts that they would produce a video game which would satisfy both target fans and bronies alike. They might be able to do so on the sly, so to speak, with a platformer or puzzle game.

Then again, MLP has surprised us before...

Edited by Thereisnospoon303
  • Brohoof 1

Games that are based off TV shows aren't normally good, and it sometimes goes from a 2D cartoon to ugly 3D models. But with the right comapany, a game off FIM can be good. .......What genre can the game be, actually?

I think (sandbox) adventure RPG would be a good choice. But TV/movie games unfortunately have that nasty reputation of getting boring quickly and rushed. That and like Spoon mentioned, the likely target audience doesnt really convince me that it would actually be worthwhile.

Now, i keep my hopes on EquestriaOnline. It's starting to look quite good. :)

Edited by JavaJive

Remember that the target audience is preteens, so they would be inclined to market games which suited that audience (i.e., kids games). I have my doubts that they would produce a video game which would satisfy both target fans and bronies alike. They might be able to do so on the sly, so to speak, with a platformer or puzzle game.

Then again, MLP has surprised us before...

Madden is for the general audience. Maybe more inclined to football fans but anybody can hook it up and play it. So, I like my idea on EA sports creating a Madden game based on ponies.

I'm not surprised that a video game has not been developed. Hasbro is more into the actual toys scene than video games. I don't think the series is popular enough outside of bronies to develop a game for. And if it is, it'll just be some shoddily rushed out children's game that sucks and is lazy. Just as others have said.

The fan content in my opinion suffices.

I don't think the target market of the show really crosses over with the target market of video games in general. There haven't been any games for little girls that have been hugely successful and it wouldn't live up to the expectations of the brony community.

I really would have thought by now we'd see something for 3DS or something.

*Ahem*

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Trust me. An official game is nothing we'd want.

Thankfully, Fighting is Magic is going to blow us away.

• Brohoof 1