Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Arrays and For Loops are pretty much in every language, though I'm only familiar with their syntax in C, C++, and Python. I've had to look at Javascript before in packet captures but haven't actually worked with it myself.

How are you handling arrays and for loops? Simple for you, or straining your mind a bit?

(edited)

Arrays and For Loops are pretty much in every language, though I'm only familiar with their syntax in C, C++, and Python. I've had to look at Javascript before in packet captures but haven't actually worked with it myself.

How are you handling arrays and for loops? Simple for you, or straining your mind a bit?

Somewhere in the middle, I understand the construction of it because it has a logical procedural flow to writing arrays and loops. But it's a lot of syntax to remember. I've done arrays and loops in python I find JavaScript somewhat easier, I've got a lot of learning to do though.

If you're adept at python, JavaScript shouldn't be too hard too learn. I just wouldn't recommend learning more than one of them at a time. 

Edited by Gamer Twilight

Somewhere in the middle, I understand the construction of it because it has a logical procedural flow to writing arrays and loops. But it's a lot of syntax to remember. I've done arrays and loops in python I find JavaScript somewhat easier, I've got a lot of learning to do though.

If you're adept at python, JavaScript shouldn't be too hard too learn. I just wouldn't recommend learning more than one of them at a time. 

Yeah, the logic for me is easy to follow as well, it's the syntax that took a while to learn, if I remember right. Doesn't pay to know what you want to do if you forget how to write it.

Awesome, I might learn Javascript next then. It would pay off anyway since I could use that for my job as well, plus I could probably use it for my own personal devices as well.

It's been a little bit since I've been in here.

I got a new streetlight this morning. xD I was pretty happy. On my way back from work at 1:20 AM this morning I caught someone working on a streetlight, I had to go watch, and when he came down with the light I went and I asked for it, and to my surprise I got to keep it! And it still works. xD

Gotta love when stuff like that happens, I was lucky.

I was drawing this last night whilst listening to The Giving Tree (the song) and somehow it got really dark really fast.

capture_gruecrew.jpg

The pony on the bottom left is afflicted with cancer, or at least, he's supposed to be.

I got a new streetlight this morning. xD I was pretty happy. On my way back from work at 1:20 AM this morning I caught someone working on a streetlight, I had to go watch, and when he came down with the light I went and I asked for it, and to my surprise I got to keep it! And it still works. xD

Was it a sodium lightbulb? I hear those things tend to be sodium but then I could be out of date.

• Brohoof 1

Anyone here learning JavaScript? I'm currently getting my heard around arrays and for loops. 

I know JavaScript, I was making a game with it for some time.

Was it a sodium lightbulb? I hear those things tend to be sodium but then I could be out of date.

400w High Pressure Sodium. Or HPS, for short. So yeah. HPS is used vastly throughout here. They aren't upgrading many lights to LED here in the Denver area yet. I mean in Colorado Springs they are, but not quite here yet. Not sure why, but that's just the local decision I guess. xD

Click here to see an image of the light, and click here for the insides.

I think they replaced it because it was missing an ignitor, because it works just fine. I tested it and it brightens up fine.

(edited)

Yeah, the logic for me is easy to follow as well, it's the syntax that took a while to learn, if I remember right. Doesn't pay to know what you want to do if you forget how to write it.

Awesome, I might learn Javascript next then. It would pay off anyway since I could use that for my job as well, plus I could probably use it for my own personal devices as well.

What is your job that you can use it? What would you want to do with it on your personal devices?

I'd recommend codeacademy http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/javascript It's a 10 hour course so it's a good introduction I'm going to jQuery afterwards, then the other languages.

I also have a book on JavaScript and JQuery also that I'll go over since it's likely to be a lot more indepth and also it gets you to right you're own programs not just code online. I have a book on python also that I'll  continue with after finishing the codeacademy tutorials on.

I know JavaScript, I was making a game with it for some time.

Why JavaScript? What kind of game? Know any other coding languages, or plan on learning any? I'm just learning what I need for web development and maybe some app development etc as well, nothing too heavy on the programming.

Edited by Gamer Twilight

I'm trying to compile a list of Disney films (Main Disney, non Marvel/Pixar/Lucasarts.Ghibli) that I don't hate. I love every Pixar film (Cars 2 and Planes don't exist ssssshh) Ghibli is anime so shut up, and I grew up on Marvel and Lucasarts so when Disney bought them I was sad. So far my I don't Entirely Hate Disney list is:

• Lilo and Stitch (All of them and the TV show, no matter how dumb they got)
  • Treasure Planet
  • Mulan
  • Nightmare Before Christmas
  • Wreck it Ralph
  • Emperor's New Groove
  • The Rescuers
  • The Rescuers Down Under
  • The Black Cauldron
  • Fantasia
  • Fantasia 2000
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Peal

Those are the only Disney Movies that I will willingly watch.

(edited)

FOR THE EMPIRE!

Edited by Guest

(edited)

This is just a mismash of random stuff I see on Imgur and stuff I see on the roads in my town plus a parody of Toronto, Canada's Avenue Road.

g10073-3.png

That's how I spent the good part of my afternoon.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

What is your job that you can use it? What would you want to do with it on your personal devices?

I'd recommend codeacademy http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/javascript It's a 10 hour course so it's a good introduction I'm going to jQuery afterwards, then the other languages.

I also have a book on JavaScript and JQuery also that I'll go over since it's likely to be a lot more indepth and also it gets you to right you're own programs not just code online. I have a book on python also that I'll  continue with after finishing the codeacademy tutorials on.

Why JavaScript? What kind of game? Know any other coding languages, or plan on learning any? I'm just learning what I need for web development and maybe some app development etc as well, nothing too heavy on the programming.

At the start I wanted it to be a browser game, but then it turned into a Chrome app and I stopped making it.

I started watching videos for Java, but I got bored.

Good evening to you. :lol:

Question: have you ever seen signs on the road that have been poorly spelt? And not just road signs, I mean stuff like this:

zr1WfLZ.jpg

Yeah, you can tell I've been on Imgur for too much already.

Yeah. I go on imgur and find this:

When you poop, your bumhole makes the same motions as your mouth when you say the word. The same can be said for "explosive diarrhea."

Ohh don't you just hate it that your in the one city that has so many incomplete freeway interchanges? As in, you have to get off the freeway, wait at a few traffic lights, then get onto the other freeway? It seems like every city I've been to doesn't have this problem :okiedokielokie:.

Ohh don't you just hate it that your in the one city that has so many incomplete freeway interchanges? As in, you have to get off the freeway, wait at a few traffic lights, then get onto the other freeway? It seems like every city I've been to doesn't have this problem.

I was gonna reconstruct what you meant, but I know what you mean.

I can still reconstruct it, but it'd take me a bit of time.