Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

The Giver.

I didn't want to go, having read the book twice for school, I knew it well. A few years ago (seems like forever ago) I was in a conversation with a group at lunch over what book we would like to have made into a movie. A friend said "The Giver!" and I immediately agreed. We talked about how great a possibility it was, having the movie be in black and white and slowly get colors like they did in the book.

Then the trailer. Drones. "What?! Those aren't in the book? Wait.. what is he doing? Memories are transferred from the back not the wrist! D: < !!!11!" 

I did go see it, I wanted to get out of the house. As I already knew from the trailer, the characters all looked different from imagined. Other things were different than imagination, too. I thought the Community would be sealed within a steel dome, which makes more sense for climate control than it being an elevated piece of land surrounded by clouds.

Some of the order was not in the book, but it wasn't that bad. I liked it more than I thought I would, but still, the book is better. If you love the movie, or just love reading, go read The Giver ^^

...Kinda went off into a movie review xD  

• Brohoof 1

King Kong v.s Godzilla.   Bad costume design but outstanding storyline

Good Will Hunting! 

Everyone should go check that out. It's great!

It is an excellent movie, :D

• Brohoof 1

Late Spring

Solid, modest family drama carried largely by effortlessly charming performances and sublime photography. I was left wanting more, but dammit if that ending isn't one of the most perfect I've ever seen.

8/10

Watched Noah last night. Two words: Talking rocks.  :maud:

XD.......my exact thoughts on that film. I was like "Talking rocks? Where in the bible does it mention talking rocks?".

Guardians of the Galaxy, for the third time! To be honest, I knew nothing about them before going into this movie. From what I've heard from everyone I've talked to, those familiar with Guardians from the comics and those aren't, everyone seems to love it. I'm no exception. It was phenomenal. And despite the soundtrack being almost entirely made of 70s pop songs, I can't get it out of my head. xD

No doubt I'll be watching this one countless times in the future. :catface:

• Brohoof 2