Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

I went to the cinema last Friday to see ANNABELLE and oh my is that spooky. I was bricking myself at the featured trailers before the movie actually began! Don't know what the hell I was thinking. My friend and I literally spent the whole time hiding behind each other. It was a week ago but I still get the creeps walking upstairs in the dark.

Wait. No it wasn't. I saw Rainbow Rocks on Sunday! How could I forget that!?

Edited by Dashabel

Singin in the Rain

Delightful musical, if perhaps a bit too heavy on the dancing. The movie was shamelessly made as an excuse to use a bunch of pre-written songs by Arthur Freed and Nacio Herb Brown, rather than having the songs emerge from the story, so it's no surprise that whole enterprise has a cobbled-together feel to it. What is surprising is that it actually works really well. Stanley Donen is a pretty brilliant man. 

Sanjuro

Fun little action thriller. I'm unconvinced by the dialogue-heavy approach to relaying the plot (also seen in Yojimbo), but Toshiro Mifune is captivating as always. I could watch him flex his shoulders all day.

Edited by Rudes

Les miserables... yeah I'm... yeah... but it was sooo good! I cried for 3 hours heheh

Warning: do not watch it if

1. You don't like people singing 99.5% of the time

2. Very emotional touching movies/musicals

3. You may cry for.... at least 1 hour

Rainbow Rocks. My bro and I saw it with our friend. He was amused by it and thought it was better than the first. Especially liked when he said "holy s##t" when the Rainboom's superspell emerged against the Dazzlings. We all had a good time, though my bro and I were dissapointed at the stuff that was cut out and how we had to go on Youtube to show him the endcredits and the bonus scene. 

Edited by Denim&Venom

Xmen Days of Future Past- I'm not the biggest fan of the Xmen movies, and I don't feel all that differently after seeing this one. It was a bit better than usual, but man is this franchise still full of inconsistencies lol. Quicksilver was cool though. :wacko:

I just watched "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" at a cheap movie theater.  It was okay.  I don't usually care much for Megan Fox, but I liked her in this.  Overall, it doesn't feel like a movie that I am going to want to re-watch.  At least, not for a while and not very many times.

Hocus Pocus - 7/10

I could have done without the kid/teenage aspect of the story and just watch an entire movie featuring the Sanderson sisters.  They are hilarious!

Edited by Watchful Guardian

Went to see Fury and Nightcrawler this week. Both absolutely excellent and tow of the best films released this year. Fury felt so exhausting for the characters, a real emotional battering on a trip through the depths of hell. And Nightcrawler was one of the best performances ever from Jake Gyllenhall, he was super creepy and I loved a lot of the black humour in it.

Thought I'd watch a couple of horror movies last night. First up was A Tale of Two Sisters. It was just really quite dull and anything but much of a horror, it got a bit confusing at times do, though this might've been to do with the fact that I just didn't care about it at all. Then I watched The Host (the Korean film not the Stephanie Meyer thing). Well, I tried to watch it, I only made it 40mins in it just didn't grab me at all. If it had been a kinda exploitation monster movie, and just been really obviously over the top I might've got into it, but it didn't seem to know if it was being serious or not.

• Brohoof 1

The Road.

A very compelling movie, told a gripping story of a father keeping his son safe in an apocalyptic world.

At some parts I felt really heart wrenched when the father was explaining to his son about suicide and just the general harshness of survival.

But I really loved that the son was portrayed as the moral compass for his father.

Been catching up with a few anime classics in my spare time. Viewings in the last two weeks have been Laputa: Castle in the Sky, Porco Rosso and Ghost in the Shell.

I'd write detailed impressions but I have next to zero energy these days so I'll just say that they were good. With Porco Rosso being the good-est. 

• Brohoof 1