mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

So feel free anyone to post their own recent views cause I imagine having another post.  But yeah, doing some binges of stuff on TubiTV.  So far from the weekend to now:

- Junkers Come Home (1993 anime)

- Liz and the Blue Bird (2018 anime)

- Underdogs (2013 animated movie)

- My Fair Madeline (Follow up the the 90s cartoon which I watched a lot in the day.)

- The Gym Teacher From the Black Lagoon (2017 short)

On Hansel and Gretel from 1987.  Haven't seen it back when I was a kid, but figured I'd watch.  Has the late David Warner as their father Stefan.  Knew him mostly from his voice acting like Ra's al Ghul from Batman The Animated Series and the Archmage from Gargoyles.

Though I first saw him as Professor Perry in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II Secret of the Ooze.  Yep, same film with Vanilla Ice's Ninja Rap.

• Hugs 1

On 2024-06-10 at 11:13 PM, Antiyonder said:

On Hansel and Gretel from 1987.  Haven't seen it back when I was a kid, but figured I'd watch.  Has the late David Warner as their father Stefan.  Knew him mostly from his voice acting like Ra's al Ghul from Batman The Animated Series and the Archmage from Gargoyles.

90s Aminated Series Ra's Al Ghul is the most respected:ithastolookpretty: and the most feared:sealed:  

10 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

The last movie I watched was Jaws.

Jaws Movie Poster Print & Unframed Canvas Prints

Rocky, you get a gold medal, the TIE Advanced X1 and a cookie for bringing up the movie that started summer blockbusters:hug_day:  This was on TV and local theatres recently:sassy:  

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 2
  • Hugs 1

On 2024-06-10 at 2:32 PM, ZiggWheelsManning said:

@TheRockARooster

I watched Furiosa in theatres,

Reveal hidden contents

Packed with tragedy and action.  Had Australian sounds too.  

Wondering what @Dreambiscuit thinks of it.  

I haven't seen it, Zigg. I keep hearing about it but I must be out of the loop because I don't even know what it is. I'll look it up and see if I want to go see it. 

Kick Ass (2010) I really like this movie. It’s fun, funny, original and delivers the action really well. But as much as the character of Kick Ass is central to the story, Hit Girl is really the star of this movie, bringing the best humor, fighting and a certain ‘eloquence’ to the proceedings.

Back to the Future Part 2: (1989) The best of the Back to the Future movies and one of the few movies that get time travel right. It effortlessly (or so they make it seem) delivers a perfect balance of fun, humor and a really intricate plot that holds up despite tying itself into a Gordian Knot of trouble caused (advertently or inadvertently) by Marty McFly, Doc Brown and their perpetual recurring plague, the Tannen clan. Everything here is perfect and this series is one of the best among all movie franchises.

6 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Rocky, you get a gold medal, the TIE Advanced X1 and a cookie for bringing up the movie that started summer blockbusters:hug_day:  This was on TV and local theatres recently:sassy:  

Hey, @TheRockARooster, you get a TIE Advanced X1! AND a cookie!! Picking great movies does have its perks! :love:

@ZiggWheelsManning Jaws was in theaters? I'd love to see it on the big screen! Awesome!

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 1
  • Excited 1

- Penguin Highway

- Speed Racer: Race to the Future

- Sound Euphonium: Our Promise- A Brand New Day

And the original 67 Speed Racer show as well as it's Japanese version Mach Go Go is also on TubiTV.

Drive Me Crazy (1999) The story isn't original by any means; guy and girl play out a phony romance to make their exes jealous, but they fall for each other along the way. Been there, done that. But still, I liked it and the cast was good. It doesn't have to be mind-blowing to be entertaining and worthwhile, and this movie delivers on both counts.

The Goonies (1985) This is a movie much loved by children of the 80s, and I understand the nostalgia, even if I wasn't born yet. The idea here is fun, original and almost well-done. However, it falls a little short. Richard Donner was well past his peak as a director by this time, and trying to imitate Spielberg was just a tad beyond his talents. They should have had Spielberg do the directing since he was producing it anyway. He would have brought out the full potential of the story. That's really my only complaint; it needed a director with a sure hand, who could keep the cast in check and let the story breathe rather than making the comedy too over the top and the performances too boisterous. But overall I still liked it well enough.

Escape From Alcatraz (1979) I wanted an older movie with some gravity and this one did the job. Being based on a true story gives it some extra punch, and the movie is just well made. Clint Eastwood delivers a very Eastwoodian performance and makes even a prison movie entertaining. And as a nice bonus, Patrick McGoohan plays the sadistic warden of the prison, bringing onboard his eccentric style. Very good movie.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 2

Bad Boys: Ride Or Die - Another surprisingly solid entry in the franchise. Smith and Lawrence continue to have phenomenal chemistry. out of 10.

Inside Out 2 - The best Pixar sequel since Toy Story 3 (or 4). Not perfect, but a worthy followup the original. out of 10.

On 2024-06-21 at 11:15 AM, TheRockARooster said:

The last movie I watched was Godzilla 1985.

Godzilla, 1985 The Legend is Reborn (1985) – Original One Sheet Movie  Poster - Hollywood Movie Posters

You speak my language @TheRockARooster ol' buddy, this was on TV:hug_day:  

34 minutes ago, Megas said:

Godzilla Minus One is really good 

You got that right; no bad mouther can even touch it:Pharynx:  

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

Oppenheimer (2023) Being based on a true story of a very interesting and complex human being, there’s bound to be some merit to this. And there was, to an extent. Unfortunately Christopher Nolan is not equal to the task of this or any other story. He’s a bad director, with a gimmicky style that detracts from his movies rather than enhancing them. The movie was also over-long by about an hour, and riddled with gratuitous scenes that didn’t belong. If I want to see a movie about Oppenheimer and the development of the atomic bomb, I prefer Fat Man and Little Boy (1989) which was better made, told the story efficiently and cut out the extra baggage. Judging by the all-star cast and a safe-but-talentless director who plays the Hollywood in-game, Oppenheimer is clearly a movie that Hollywood created with the preconceived idea of ‘making’ that year’s Oscar winner. I give it a 5/10.

IF (2024) I really liked this movie. It’s been on my list of most anxiously awaited films for this year and it didn’t disappoint. I’m not saying it was an all-time favorite, but it was very entertaining, didn’t have any arbitrary annoyances, and I liked the cast, despite the fact that Ryan Reynolds tends to wear thin. He was a little different than the same character he plays in every other movie he’s ever been in, and delivered a performance that complimented the star of the movie, Cailey Fleming, who was charming, intelligent and perfect. The story was original, avoided a lot of schmaltzy clichés and didn’t overstay its welcome. And apparently it had quite a number of name actors and actresses providing vocal performances for the ‘imaginary’ cast. I had fun with this movie. 7.5/10

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 2

With Godzilla 1985 as the last movie I've seen, hopes that Furiosa will make it to @Dreambiscuit's schedule.  However,

17 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Oppenheimer (2023) Being based on a true story of a very interesting and complex human being, there’s bound to be some merit to this. And there was, to an extent. Unfortunately Christopher Nolan is not equal to the task of this or any other story. He’s a bad director, with a gimmicky style that detracts from his movies rather than enhancing them. The movie was also over-long by about an hour, and riddled with gratuitous scenes that didn’t belong. If I want to see a movie about Oppenheimer and the development of the atomic bomb, I prefer Fat Man and Little Boy (1989) which was better made, told the story efficiently and cut out the extra baggage. Judging by the all-star cast and a safe-but-talentless director who plays the Hollywood in-game, Oppenheimer is clearly a movie that Hollywood created with the preconceived idea of ‘making’ that year’s Oscar winner. I give it a 5/10.

Saw the movie last year, I give Oppenheimer 5 Stars, many scenes sent chills down my spine:sealed:  

• smile 1
  • Hugs 1

No Country For Old Men, first time viewing. Was fantastic. All of the acting was superb, with Bardem particularly nearly stealing the show. The 'Coin Toss' scene is already one of my favourites in film history. 

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1

23 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

The last movie I watched was The Land Before Time III : The Time Of The Great Giving.

LOJCUn3.jpeg

As a kid, this was the last movie I watched in that series.  Think you can stomach the 4th:grin: and the others?  

On 2024-06-27 at 3:42 PM, Kyoshi Frost Wolf said:

No Country For Old Men, first time viewing. Was fantastic. All of the acting was superb, with Bardem particularly nearly stealing the show. The 'Coin Toss' scene is already one of my favourites in film history. 

What did you think of Tommy Lee Jones?  

On 2024-06-27 at 1:06 PM, ZiggWheelsManning said:

With Godzilla 1985 as the last movie I've seen, hopes that Furiosa will make it to @Dreambiscuit's schedule.  However,

Saw the movie last year, I give Oppenheimer 5 Stars, many scenes sent chills down my spine:sealed:  

Whatcha think of Godzilla 1985? :coco:

45 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

As a kid, this was the last movie I watched in that series.  Think you can stomach the 4th:grin: and the others?  

What did you think of Tommy Lee Jones?  

I have actually seen them all except for the last one. :coco:

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

The Boy and the Heron (2023) As with all Hiyao Miyazaki’s movies, it has beauty, style and plenty of surprises. It started off very well, taking it’s time without being boring or losing interest. Then, about halfway through it, it lost me. I don’t mind an intricate plot, but a convoluted one is another matter. In this case I think he was trying to tell one story too many and they all swirled together into an incoherent mishmash. I do appreciate seeing many of the touches Miyazaki is fond of putting in his various movies, and that was very cool, but movies must stick to a simple bare-bones plot at their core and make that as good as it can be, rather than making three or four intermingling plots and doing them haphazardly. I loved the artwork as always, and I love seeing Miyazaki back in action again, but this one didn’t deliver for me overall, I’m sorry to say. So, for the good first half and the various (though disparate) positive elements throughout, I give this a 5/10.

The Hunger Games (2012) Despite many mistakes, a contrived story and a bad director, I still like this movie somehow. I can enjoy a flawed movie (I have to or I’ll never watch anything made after 2010!) and this movie manages to hold my attention. Jennifer Lawrence is a block of wood and has no chemistry whatsoever with Josh Hutcherson. They always seem to regard each other with more suspicion than appreciation (spoilers coming) and it makes their outcome in the final movie seem very unbelievable. The late Donald Sutherland is a gem in this movie and gave the whole series some much needed style. 6/.5/10   

• Hugs 1

Furiosa - better than expected, some good action scenes, if you liked the last one then this is worth a look.