Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

(edited)
1 hour ago, ComanderZhabikKlavik said:

All Quiet on the Western Front (2022).

This is the best film about the war. It shows what war really looks like. (This film about WW1).
I've seen a lot of military videos like military motivation on YouTube. In these videos, the war is shown as if it's a cool thing, but it's not. Under the military videos, I often find comments where people write something like let's grab something, let's declare war on someone. I don't understand such people. Such people should watch this film to understand what will happen to them in the war. They need to understand that war is not cool. I doubt they'll understand that. Some people are too stupid.
This is the only movie that made me cry (The only thing that made me cry was the animation on YouTube "My Little Dashie"). At the moment where the main character of the film was trying to save an enemy soldier whom he was trying to kill.
If you want to see what war looks like, you need to watch this movie, despite the fact that modern wars are slightly different from the one shown in the film.

I sign up under every word you said. And so, if people like war this much, then they shall go to my county and look for themself. They would take their words back instantly.

Edited by Obli
  • Brohoof 2

Fighter: it's basically Top Gun but made by India.

There are so many scenes that just are taken from Top Gun Maverick :ooh: ...

Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire - Mindless and goofy, but fun and satisfying monster movie. It's not Godzilla Minus One, but it doesn't need to be. I had a blast. out of 10.

Monkey Man - An impressive directorial debut from Dev Patel. Brutal action sequences blended with a surprisingly deep tale about Indian culture and political power. I look forward to seeing what Patel does next. 8.5 out of 10.

• Brohoof 1

Godzilla x Kong: New Empire. One thing I love about today movie trends towards being “non sleepy”, is that it saves me a lot of time and money in movie theater outings :mlp_yeehaa:. Seriously, I used to go to the movies every other week, but I‘ve only gone FOUR TIMES in the past three years :scoots:. At least great movies stand out more like Top Gun Maverick, Sonic 2, Super Mario Bros, and big lizard x big ape :yay:

Spoiler

One minor complaint in it was the final battle. It was good, but not too exciting. Battles aren’t that exciting if the odd are pretty even between good and bad guys. A downgrade from their battle against Mechagodzilla. THAT BATTLE KICKS ASS :kirin:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I also, like a few other recent peeps, have Godzilla x Kong as last movie watched.

A great watch. A good balance of humor, action, story, etc. Not too hard getting lost with the plot. As always, the graphics are great with such a movie, also cool seeing Godzilla so supercharged.

Also love how Godzilla's favorite nap spot is that one spot :laugh:. Do like how all the characters get to find their roles when they've felt "out of place" (Kong, Jia, arguably Godzilla as a guardian though he isn't discovering himself lol).

Edited by DubWolf
  • Delighted Giggle 2

And now it was Kung Fu Panda 2 :ooh: . Been wanting to watch more movies lately. I guess I had been a little interested in Kung Fu Panda so I decided I should catch up.

Didn't know Lord Shen was voiced by Gary Olsen. I just can't picture that....

• Brohoof 2

On 2024-04-02 at 11:25 PM, Fluttershutter said:

Kung Fu Panda 4

These movies never disappoint! :wub:

When Is 'Kung Fu Panda 4' Coming To Streaming? Here's What To Know

THIS is also the last movie i saw! IT was really good. 

• Brohoof 2

Some other people here said it was good, so I watched The Beekeeper.

Action - 9/10 -  "I don't want to hurt anyone who's innocent or non-involved."

Story - 9/10 - I dunno if a murderous rampage was the correct answer, but, to each their own.

Uncomfortable-ness - 4/10 - Most of it's great but some stuff just makes me uncomfortable. EX:

Spoiler

The suicide, the scenes where characters get hung, or the swat getting cut in half by the elevator.

Overall: Great movie, landed 2nd in my top 5

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Enmosia Curvata said:
  Hide contents

The suicide, the scenes where characters get hung, or the swat getting cut in half by the elevator.

Overall: Great movie, landed 2nd in my top 5

Spoiler

hanged

The characters are not tapestries(A Song of Ice and fire joke. :pinkie:).

I guess I should see that movie.

Hidalgo:   its just a good movie about the bond of a horse and a man.  :yay:

Kung Fu Panda 4 (2024) Not bad, not great. It had the potential to be awesome but they didn’t really jump into the possibilities with both feet. Zhen, a new character in the form of a shifty little fox, was a great idea and the character design was fantastic, but the voice actor was so terrible that it pretty much reduced a potentially classic character to a merely average one. A little more femininity would have gone a long way toward making her more endearing, memorable and fun. (Spoilers ahead) The absence of the Furious Five was pointless and only serves to disappoint fans of the series. All in all, it’s just another installment of a series without bringing anything great to make it stand out.

I Am Number Four (2011) This surprised me. I really liked it. I stumbled across this little gem about teens with super powers and the aliens out to destroy them, and enjoyed the heck out of it. It was obviously written and designed to be the first of a series, which is never a good idea unless the producers have a contract in hand guaranteeing further installments. And sadly, no sequels were ever made. Had this been made now, in the era of streaming series, it would have been a hit. But in this case timing seems to have been a deciding factor, and this cool movie had everything but the right timing.

There’s Something in the Barn (2023) This looked really good from the trailers, but it didn’t pan out. Following an American family relocating to Norway where their inherited property has a little infestation problem with some local Nisser (temperamental barn elves). It was a good idea indifferently executed. It had a lot of potential but being boring should not have even entered into the conversation here.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

9 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Kung Fu Panda 4 (2024) Not bad, not great. It had the potential to be awesome but they didn’t really jump into the possibilities with both feet. Zhen, a new character in the form of a shifty little fox, was a great idea and the character design was fantastic, but the voice actor was so terrible that it pretty much reduced a potentially classic character to a merely average one. A little more femininity would have gone a long way toward making her more endearing, memorable and fun. (Spoilers ahead) The absence of the Furious Five was pointless and only serves to disappoint fans of the series. All in all, it’s just another installment of a series without bringing anything great to make it stand out.

I think they just didn't want to get a bunch of big name actors when they weren't even in the story.

• Brohoof 1

Traffic 9/19

Watched at the weekend. I enjoyed it when it was released but now it has a timeless quality about it. There is just something about the way it is filmed that makes it special, and I can't think of many films where the characters feel so real. 
It's a good reminder how film can be at the pinnacle of the arts.

American Graffiti (1973) I love this simple movie about an ensemble cast each having adventures against the backdrop of one long summer night in 1962. Basically a visual valentine from George Lucas to his beloved adolescence, and it still has all the magic I’ve come to expect from this beautiful early work. This one really sticks with me, long after the credits have rolled. 

Beverly Hills cop 1 & 2 (1984 & ’87 respectively) While not the crowning cinematic achievement of the ‘80s these are still a lot of fun and, being representations of my favorite decade, well worth the viewing. It’s interesting that these simple action-comedies can be more satisfying than the most elaborate modern movies.

Fletch (1985) This is a typical representation of an easy time at the movies in the ‘80s. Chevy Chase plays an investigative reporter who stumbles onto a bigger story than he was looking for, with lots of humor and ad-libs flying at a relentless pace. I always liked this movie and it held up well. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

On 2024-04-12 at 12:24 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

Kung Fu Panda 4 (2024) Not bad, not great. It had the potential to be awesome but they didn’t really jump into the possibilities with both feet. Zhen, a new character in the form of a shifty little fox, was a great idea and the character design was fantastic, but the voice actor was so terrible that it pretty much reduced a potentially classic character to a merely average one. A little more femininity would have gone a long way toward making her more endearing, memorable and fun.

I Am Number Four (2011) This surprised me. I really liked it. I stumbled across this little gem about teens with super powers and the aliens out to destroy them, and enjoyed the heck out of it. It was obviously written and designed to be the first of a series, which is never a good idea unless the producers have a contract in hand guaranteeing further installments. And sadly, no sequels were ever made. Had this been made now, in the era of streaming series, it would have been a hit. But in this case timing seems to have been a deciding factor, and this cool movie had everything but the right timing.

There’s Something in the Barn (2023) This looked really good from the trailers, but it didn’t pan out. Following an American family relocating to Norway where their inherited property has a little infestation problem with some local Nisser (temperamental barn elves). It was a good idea indifferently executed. It had a lot of potential but being boring should not have even entered into the conversation here.

You watch a lot of movies :wacko: . I've been trying to indulge more in them as I have a hard time finding much to do on my own, or finding others to do stuff with..

I remember watching I Am Number Four in high school (saw it with my then girlfriend on a date). It was.... well not a bad plot I think. Hardly memorable though except for those few teeth gnashing moments, sometimes literally. The doggohhh....

I just watched Kung Fu Panda 3. Great movie as well (I finished 2 less than 2 weeks ago). They're really poetic and kind of inspiring if you ask me, with the themes. Teaching another not to be you but themselves (though I admit that's a very open-ended take), passing on the torch, uhh... well, I guess that just for 3.

• Brohoof 1