mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Barbie: lots of cringy moments that just rubs me in a wrong way. To back up my reason,  I had gone through  gender identity crisis in my early years due to “stereotypes” and this movie just personally triggered me. Aside from that I do enjoy the fun aspect of “Barbie” by itself without all that genders identity bullshit. 6/10

• Hugs 1

I watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" yesterday. A movie I used to be absolutely terrified of as a kid because of how uncanny the Whos looked with their weird masks and makeup. Along with the fact that the movie was weirdly dark lighting wise, especially for a Christmas movie. All that combined was enough to scare 8 year old me.

Now? Eh. It's not a great movie by any means but it's a decent watch I guess. It's still a pretty ugly movie, just not terrifying to me now lol. I will say that Jim Carrey kinda carries the whole movie, as you might expect. If not for him I feel like this movie would've been forgotten about a long time ago.

• Brohoof 2

On 2023-12-15 at 12:35 PM, Merry Brony 42 said:

Who Killed Captain Alex? Better than what Disney has made lately.

Greatest movie of all time. :(

Jokes aside, I do admire this movie. Despite the limitations, they really put their heart and soul into it. It has my respect.

• Brohoof 2

I had to choose between The Boy and the Heron and Godzilla Minus One. I saw The Boy and the Heron. Hoping to see Godzilla next week but it might be difficult with Christmas.

Interesting that my most anticipated movies are not American. The U.S. movie industry just sucks. 

• Brohoof 1

I saw two more movies to close out the year:

Poor Things: A weird cross between Frankenstein and Edward Scissorhands. Gorgeously shot, darkly humorous, and has amazing performances from the entire cast (especially Emma Stone). Yorgos Lanthimos is slowly becoming one of my favorite directors. 9.5 out of 10.

Migration: The best Illumination movie since the first Despicable Me. Very formulaic and safe, but also very sweet, sincere, and endearing family film. 7.5 out of 10.

Edited by TheAnimationFanatic

Two movies actually!

A Nightmare Before Christmas: It was honestly really cool since the same director did Coraline as well and I'm a HUGE sucker for stop motion. I have been meaning to see the movie for SO LONG and only recently did I get that chance. 9/10

Wonka:
That movie, oh boy, that movie was a train ride and a half. It definitely made  the child inside of me really happy but the pacing sometimes threw me off or the story didn't make sense. I won't spoil anything for those who want to see it but if you love Roald Dahl or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (OR BOTH) then I highly recommend the film. 7/10