mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Hello, everypony  NEED FOR SPEED THE MOVIE WAS FUCKING EPIC !  Why it had lots of action drama  and keeps you going  plus it was very well done quite like the  video game itself!

http://YOUTUBE.COM/MOVIECLIPS TRAILERS

Child's Play 1988

I hope for another movie with Chucky.

Yes I did see a trailer awhile back for another one  called  THE CURSE OF CHUCKY came out in 2013 of October 6th on DVD ! But go to this link enjoy the trailer Urik Raben  Rainboom out !

I watched Star trex (with Chris pine) OMYGOSH I forgot how much better it was the second one! like the second one was ok but the first one was just so amazing.....

(I still think Sheldon cooper from BBT and Spok should do a skit or something together) xD

Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)

Funny and surreal look into the motivations behind passion projects. The big selling point is that it marks Michael Keaton's return into the spotlight, and he doesn't disappoint. Edward Norton nearly steals the show from him though.

Also notable for being shot and edited in such a way that the majority of the movie appears to consist of a single take (though the transitions are quite obvious). The technique was employed brilliantly during the stage play scenes, but otherwise I'm uncertain what purpose it served. That said, major points for creativity. Well worth the watch when it releases later this week.

Edited by Rudes
  • Brohoof 1

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

Why? Just, why?

Why does Michael Bay want to be really mean to all 80s cartoon franchises? Is MLP going to be next on his hit list?

There's almost nothing right for me in this film, and just about everything wrong: script, designs, characters/character development (or lack thereof), casting (well, except Will Arnett, but I do man crush him), etc. I really don't think this film has anything going for it. I knew from the first sight of designs and trailers long ago I wouldn't like it, but still knew I would go see it (and did!). And the thing is, I know I'm going to go see the sequel, purely out of the hope that something will have improved. I feel like a terrible person now  :(

• Brohoof 1

I just finished EG2 this morning, which was a LOT better than I thought it'd be.  It still had a lot of work that could've been done, though.  Currently, we have Monsters, Inc. playing.  We are at the part where Sully scares Boo.

Phone Booth...very interesting indeed.

I loved that movie!  ...despite how many times the F word was used.  Every now and then is fine, but there was a little too much in it, IMO.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

Why? Just, why?

Why does Michael Bay want to be really mean to all 80s cartoon franchises? Is MLP going to be next on his hit list?

There's almost nothing right for me in this film, and just about everything wrong: script, designs, characters/character development (or lack thereof), casting (well, except Will Arnett, but I do man crush him), etc. I really don't think this film has anything going for it. I knew from the first sight of designs and trailers long ago I wouldn't like it, but still knew I would go see it (and did!). And the thing is, I know I'm going to go see the sequel, purely out of the hope that something will have improved. I feel like a terrible person now  :(

I'd like to see him TRY to make an MLP movie!  I doubt Hasbro would sell out...  aw, buck.

I have yet to see the movie, and I can wait for it.  I do know that I doubt Megan Fox did April O'Neill justice, and... Will Arnett?  Ew!

Edited by Washougal_Otaku
  • Brohoof 2

Here's my review of "Fury": 

If war is Hell, then this film portrays it incarnate. Starring Brad Pitt and Logan Lerman, the film explicitly portrays life in a Sherman tank in late World War II.

It's April, 1945, the D-Day invasions at Normandy have taken place and the Allies advance eastward towards Berlin. Allies like the crew of a battle worn Sharman who press forward through Nazi Germany. Led by Staff Sergeant Don Collier (Pitt), crewmen Boyd Swan (Shia LaBouf), Trini Garcia (Martin Pena), and Grady Travis (Jon Bernthal) find themselves saddled with greenhorn typist Norman Ellison (Lerman). Norman, who has never shot an enemy soldier let alone seen the inside of a tank, has just been assigned assistant driver of the tank the crew affectionately refer to "Fury".

With a horrific images of war that invokes great films like Spielberg's "Saving Private Ryan", Fury leaves even the audience a little shell shocked by the end. If any graphic war film could turn even the most battle hardened General a pacifist, it would be "Fury".

Director David Ayer leaves nothing up to the imagination as enemy and allies are slaughtered on screen, impacting the words Collier warns to Norman, "What a man can do to another man". The film also lays out perfectly the horrors the citizens within Nazi Germany were subjected to within this final month of the European front. While hundreds are displaced with nowhere to go, some stay because they know there's nowhere to run. Many of these people are elderly and women, who have not been drafted into Hitler's army consisting of the last of the men Germany has to offer: children. Those who do not join the draft may find themselves murdered by their own army, specifically members of the SS, who Collier especially hates for their wanton bloodlust.

Unfortunately, the SS are not the only ones to be feared as US soldiers who have not seen booze nor bosom for months find themselves hedonistically indulging themselves with every town they capture. Although some, like Collier and Norman, have no interest in such activities, there are many, even our own heroes, that do.

Beyond the brutality this film exceptionally portrays, what also makes this film work is the mis-en-scene that cinematographer Roman Vasyanov places within it. Images of muddy roads and enemy bodies being bulldozed into mass burial pits seal the message that this is a war unlike any fought before or since. As the faces of men are sheared off, and the smoke of battle settles on the field, the audience can not help but appreciate all the suffering our soldier must face so that we can go on happily with our own lives.

Steven Price's musical score evokes the savagery of the battlefield with its pounding war drums and violent chanting. The claustrophobia of the tank is portrayed spectacularly by the cast and the camera, whose tight angles show us mostly the faces of our characters during their time in the machine of war.

"Fury" is definitely Oscar-worthy, and a prime 5/5 stars. It's portrayal of war and the struggles of its heroes make it a must see for the year. It makes you root for its heroes and despise its villains, and is the embodiment of the war film genre. 

I went to see Dracula Untold, and I loved it!

I fail to see why the internet hates this new arrival for the Dracula franchise.

I am probably going to see Fury tomorrow, and I hope I don't get bored and fall asleep during the movie, considering I don't watch these types of movies... But I am willing to open my mind and try new things.