technology Google or Bing?

Dark Moon

Google, Bing, Other  

56 users have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer/like?

• Google
    • Bing
    • Other

I tried that Bing it On thing, and I got Google, three times in a row. 

That, and google is just so easy to use, and I am used to it, yeah.

Surprisingly, I got the same thing you did. The first 2 were a draw, then when I started to type 'Princess Molestia', things changed.

I don't particularly like either, based on Bing's desperate-osity and Google's creepy stalker habits, in addition to it basically selling off information on people. :x

SO if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm welcoming them.

Duck Duck Go. It doesn't get as good of results as Google, but it does a decent job, looks gorgeous, AND doesn't track a single thing.

The Bing v Google comparison test had bing winnning out each search. I was still using google for the next few months because I was accustomed to it, but made bing my default browser (after another download recommended it). So now I'm using google chrome with a bing engine in the url/search bar. Don't see myself switching from gmail anytime soon though.

I always preferred Google due to how simple it looks. I never really enjoyed using Bing. I didn't even notice any huge difference between them. I guess I was just too familiar with Google to want to change to Bing.

My old school's default search engine was Bing, but I always liked to go to Google and do my searching there instead.

Like several others apparently, I'm a DuckDuckGo user. The primary reason I switched was because of the privacy concerns already mentioned with Google and because of Google's way of altering your search results based on your history, possibly causing you to miss relevant information because they don't think you need to see it.

I also prefer the layout of DuckDuckGo and find their bang syntax useful.

Google, the Bing commercials are simply pathetic, they're clinging to these 40-something soccer moms who like their search engine despite the fact that they probably have the computer experience of a hamster. I mean, there is no comparison, and google simply looks better.

They can bribe people with rewards, use stupid gimmicks and blatantly beg for more users with their commercials, but I don't see them competing in any significant way.

I prefer Google when I'm searching things like definitions or the lastest news, though I like to use Bing when I'm looking for research or information. Both are good search engines, though Google is a LOT more popular since it was one of the firsts. Bing also has Bing Rewards, which is pretty legitmate as I have gotten from over 1000+ MS points from it.

Edited by Assassin✮Derpy

Im quite surprised anybody at all uses bing. It is a fairly hopeless search engine and google has a nicer cleaner look to it. I can remember back in the days before google when you only had a choice of askjeeves.com witch is now ask.com or yahoo. That was pretty much it and those days sucked. I do not miss my dial up internet connection.

Im quite surprised anybody at all uses bing. It is a fairly hopeless search engine and google has a nicer cleaner look to it. I can remember back in the days before google when you only had a choice of askjeeves.com witch is now ask.com or yahoo. That was pretty much it and those days sucked. I do not miss my dial up internet connection.

The only people that use Bing seem to be people that are so technologically inept that they don't even think about what search engine they're using and just use it because it's what's there in front of them. If google were the default search engine they'd be using that. It's sort of like how technologically inept people use Internet Explorer instead of a superior browser because it's the default they don't think to use something better.

• Brohoof 1

Ahahahahaha bing, thats a funny joke. Wait, people actually use it? But seriously, I doubt many search engines even come close to Google.

What people say about DuckDuckGo is actually in a good comparason to Google, from what I see.

The only difference is the tracking Google does, but I personally dont mind that for good reasons.